Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey to ditch BRIT Awards because of Taylor Swift

Pop

Featured Posts

What an unfounded response with a nice (and false, for that matter) generalization to top it off. Don't come for my writing ability and comprehension when you came two spots behind me in Platinum Hit, I figured the experience might have taught you a thing or two about quality and taste. Of course Taylor gets more awards; she is simply more popular and makes music that is easily digestible. We all know that "Off To The Races" wasn't going to be a #1 hit but it's far better than most of Swift's discography, sonically, lyrically and artistically. Ultraviolence was critically acclaimed and Born To Die has sold millions upon millions of copies. What does the size of Taylor's tours and fanbase matter? She's successful because her music is catchy and simple and that's because she herself is simple. Her songwriting isn't even that good, even on her earlier releases. Lana still has not sold out to make music that could get her chart success, and her tours are selectively smaller to be more intimate.

More awards? Popularity trumps a lot of the time, and Anaconda was nominated for a Grammy. What does this say about the taste of the academy? Taylor certainly does not have more artistic merit than Lana, and as for philanthropy Taylor is definitely great at that. I know many Lana fans in my school, so it clearly isn't restricted to the Internet. People love her. She has a unique sound. It's not all about her vintage video inspiration. In fact, many of her fans prefer her higher budget videos.

As a side note, I don't mean to say you aren't a good writer. You're quite impressive at it and I very much enjoyed working with you.

Tell ha, Chic. But talking to him is like talking to a wall. He just doesn't get it, too bad.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JgHaus78

She's not being shady, she's being honest. Why waste her time flying out to an award show that is guaranteed success for Taylor. Lana has nothing to promote right now and I doubt she wants to waste her time flying out there to sit in a room full of celebrities.  :lolgaga:

a remix that was forced upon her by her record label. Lana doesnt give 2 ****s about success, obviously something Taylor is obsessed with. She makes music she likes and releases it, if people **** on it.. who gives a **** she has an insanely loyal fanbase even if its not as ENORMOUS as Taylor's. and she didnt musically create her album, max martin shat it out just as he does with dozens and dozens of other musicians over the past 10 years. 

:applause:

I loved Born To Die, but with Ultraviolence she began taking herself too seriously and released one of the worst albums in history. 

Get your head checked, honey. Been listening to Shake it off too much, haven't you? :) For each their own I guess!

I loved Born To Die, but with Ultraviolence she began taking herself too seriously and released one of the worst albums in history.

Ultraviolence isn't my favorite album in the world, I agree on that. It was a change of pace though, and showed her ability to work in a new genre of music. BTD, however, is a masterpiece.

JusKeepBreathin

I know, Taylor fans areee.  :toofloppy:

What is flamebait?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Prismatic

I think we can be friends after all. I agree that Ultraviolence was hard to digest at first, but the lyrics are so much better than BTD and more mature. I love that dark and airy sounding throughout the album, but it's not the album I'll listen to all the time. I think I've listen to Ultraviolence when I was really depresses last year and whenever I did bad for a class :emma:. On the other hand, I can listen to BTD for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. It's a freaking masterpiece.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

*Taylor being the better songwriter :sharon:

*Maybe if you're a 12 year old starbuck white girl with a dry vagina.

I feel like it's really easy and cheap to deem a successful artist a "sell out." Selling out means you betray a cause for personal advancement. Taylor was dragged for years for falling into the country/relationship song category, and that didn't stop her from pumping out highly successful, record breaking albums regardless of what genre they were. 

DYING at all the pressed Lana fans seething and dragging left and right :lmao: (And at people dragging songwriting, as if they could write better songs :toofunny: )

Anywho, Taylor instating Award pressage on her peers :legend:

(I do hope they're friends though)

who will love me when the night is over

Cody Draco

what? That success is vapid only when the opposition can't use it themselves? What point would you like then? Taylor created an entire album by herself, musically and lyrically. How about Lana? Taylor is constantly recognized for her writing. How about Lana?

And please LET'S talk about selling out when someone's only notable achievement was a remix

You just supported the fact that Lana ISN'T a sellout. :applause:

If Lana was a sellout she would've started making EDM after the Summertime Sadness remix blew up. :awkney:

What is flamebait?

:love:

Taylor being the better songwriter :sharon:

Maybe if you're a 12 year old starbuck white girl with a dry vagina.

Jjang, finally we agree on something. :lmao:

You just supported the fact that Lana ISN'T a sellout. :applause:

If Lana was a sellout she would've started making EDM after the Summertime Sadness remix blew up. :awkney:

Just because you're a flop doesn't mean you're not a sellout. :rip:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

DYING at all the pressed Lana fans seething and dragging left and right :lmao: (And at people dragging songwriting, as if they could write better songs :toofunny: )

Anywho, Taylor instating Award pressage on her peers :legend:

(I do hope they're friends though)

Not to be conceited, but I do write better songs. Sorry :smh:

Redstreak

a remix that was forced upon her by her record label. Lana doesnt give 2 ****s about success, obviously something Taylor is obsessed with. She makes music she likes and releases it, if people **** on it.. who gives a **** she has an insanely loyal fanbase even if its not as ENORMOUS as Taylor's. and she didnt musically create her album, max martin shat it out just as he does with dozens and dozens of other musicians over the past 10 years. 

Taylor also makes music she likes and releases it. Her label begged her to put a few country songs on 1989 but she refused, she didn't want her vision compromised. And the album I was talking about was Speak Now, at 18-19 she wrote and composed the entire album by herself. And Taylor composed and wrote the foundations of every song Max worked on on 1989 before she let him look at it.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived