💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP under performed because of Born This Way.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Born This Way had even less single options if you ask me. ARTPOP has songs that could have faired okay as singles, such as Fashion!, Gypsy or possibly MANiCURE. With Born This Way, the songs either had minute-long intros, or were just not radio friendly in the slightest, Americano, Highway Unicorn, Bloody Mary, Bad Kids, Electric Chapel and even Government Hooker would get no airplay.

You didn't mention the singles that Born This Way ACTUALLY had. The singles chosen from Born This Way, imo, were correct (although I don't really like the order they were released in)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dorothy Gale

You didn't mention the singles that Born This Way ACTUALLY had. The singles chosen from Born This Way, imo, were correct (although I don't really like the order they were released in)

You have a point, I think Marry The Night should have been the lead single, it encompassed the general sound of the album so much better. 

FrankGutz

It wasn't all because BTW, yeah sure a lot of people were turned off by her looks, but the main problem with AP was her problems with Troy, At the beginning everything seems normal but then, he left her without a manager or team, she was very depressed & bla bla bla... that's why barely got some promo, then the mess of DWUW, the blackout... it was a messy era.

In the bright side she is now healthier, without toxic people around her & hopefully the new era will be great

As a whole era there were many factors that contributed to its "flop" including media, first week sales, Applause being compared to Roar, Gaga's management and mental health but I gotta agree with everything you said

Also this

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

You have a point, I think Marry The Night should have been the lead single, it encompassed the general sound of the album so much better. 

She capitalized on the fact that she was at her peak and literally any song that she put out as the lead from the album would've gone #1. She used that opportunity to spread the Born This Way message to as many people as possible. There was no other lead single for that album, imo. It had to be Born This Way.

FrankGutz

ARTPOP was just a very bad album, and that's why it underperformed. end of story. 

tumblr_mcyd5z3BzT1qh8vpjo1_500.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

ARTPOP was just a very bad album, and that's why it underperformed. end of story. 

Completely false.  :roll: No matter what people think Born This Way actually did harm her career, and by the end of the era, people were already tired of her from overexposure. That sense of being "tired of her" carried over into ARTPOP, especially because the concept was so ambitious and confusing for people. The album was doomed no matter what. Like Gaga has said numerous times, people love to watch people who have it all lose it all. The media totally turned their back on her after the album sold less than PRISM and Bangerz (which shows that even though Applause had great success, people still didn't check out the album for reasons I stated earlier), which influenced the general population for the most part to turn their back on her too. That's why it underperformed. And that's the end of the story.

You might no like the album, but your opinion is not a fact, and it has no relevance to other people's feelings about the album or its actual quality.

giskardsb

She capitalized on the fact that she was at her peak and literally any song that she put out as the lead from the album would've gone #1. She used that opportunity to spread the Born This Way message to as many people as possible. There was no other lead single for that album, imo. It had to be Born This Way.

She knew exactly what she was doing yet many in this largely gay fanbase would apparently have preferred Gaga to ignore a big civil rights issue that directly affects them for a less controversial and more commercial pop Era. The attitude disgusts me tbh.

She knew exactly what she was doing yet many in this largely gay fanbase would apparently have preferred Gaga to ignore a big civil rights issue that directly affects them for a less controversial and more commercial pop Era. The attitude disgusts me tbh.

I know right? Born This Way as the lead wasn't where things messed up. Things messed up when Interscope made Judas the second single thinking they could get a quick Top 10 hit because it had the same structure as Bad Romance and RedOne produced it. If I remember correctly, Gaga didn't want Judas as a single. I think there was something posted on here a while ago that said what Gaga wanted as the singles and it was only like BTW, MTN, Scheiße, and The Edge of Glory

Dorothy Gale

Things messed up when Interscope made Judas the second single

I agree, this seems to be the first Gaga song that none of my friends or family were interested in. 

BTW may be her best album yet, but the era itself definitely changed people's outlook her career. Especially after TF and TFM when people thought she was just another pop girl  :sharon:  :sharon:  :sharon:

Inb4 "ARTPOP WAS AN EXPERIMENT AND LG4/5/666 IS THE TRUE ALBUM!111!!!"

And that's why I love her (':

Dorothy Gale

Maybe it's just because ARTPOP is sub-par????????

BTW is a much better album.

Quality is not the only factor. The more people that are aware of an album, the more people will buy. BTW had excellent promo, whereas ARTPOP did not. This album kind of slipped under a lot of people's radars. Even some casual Gaga fans were unaware that Gaga had a new album coming out. Combine that with the fact that Born This Way was such a polarizing album, that was considered a disappointment by a considerable amount of stans/fans, and you have a perfect storm for an album to under perform. 

GagaDragon

ARTPOP would have flopped regardless of BTW, the album was just bad. BTW may have hurt her career but that had nothing to do with her music, people were just turned off by her support for LGBT.

If anything she would have been bashed even more if ARTPOP was released after TFM because the disparity in quality was so big.

this but there is no denying that BTW is responsible for Gagas tragic decline

Archived