Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Kim Gordon rips Lana Del Rey

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

Her comment makes no sense. Lana knows what feminism is, and doesn't care about it.

She doesn't walk around trying to act like she knows everything.

And what a short, random paragraph...clearly someone needed to try and drag someone actually relevant to sell some copies.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlatinumBlondeLife

This lmao.  Sonic youth are one of the most well renowned bands.  Kim produced for Hole way back in the day, and has worked with lots of feminist greats.  

Vernier

:giveup: Where exactly does Kim Gordon say Del Rey has no right to say what she does? Where exactly is she saying she shouldn't be allowed to say what she says? She doesn't.

At no point is she suggesting taking away anyone's freedom to say whatever they please. And it's just an absolutely bizarre idea that feminism means that whatever a woman says and does is somehow beyond criticism, that we can no longer voice an opinion on someone's behaviour because they're female and can do whatever they want.

Thank you for all your posts in this thread and being able to read :applause:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

I love Kim Gordon, but I do not believe that every female artist has to tow the line and score points for the feminist movement. Get over yourselves!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived