jsn 1,670 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 That makes absolutely no sense like this is so stupid It doesn't teach "bad" things, it teaches what happened, why, and the causes of it. I don't see why they think they need to keep young people willing to learn in the dark. I really enjoyed that class, even though I wasn't one of the best students in it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Batwings 12,969 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 I don't have patience for idiots who decry indoctrination when indoctrination is their very goal. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThisGuyTony 35,604 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 It's such an exciting course. It's an amazing way to understand the sacrifice of millions of people, Europeans, Africans, Native Americans, etc - all alike and how we're held together by this single thread of freedom and a better future. I agree it's very focused on American errors, but it's a great way to keep the terrible past from repeating itself. Best response in the thread. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
No Angel 128 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 Ridiculous. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willy Wonka 4 Posted February 18, 2015 Author Share Posted February 18, 2015 It's such an exciting course. It's an amazing way to understand the sacrifice of millions of people, Europeans, Africans, Native Americans, etc - all alike and how we're held together by this single thread of freedom and a better future. I agree it's very focused on American errors, but it's a great way to keep the terrible past from repeating itself. In all honesty, these lawmakers better be thanking their lucky stars because the reality is worse than is even taught in current AP US History courses. The material taught in the course already omits some of America's most disgusting and horrific acts. Like this is already a very forgiving curriculum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Floppy 7,951 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 This isn't right but it's not a topic I have much of an opinion on so I'll leave it at that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,232 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 They can go jump up their God's ass and leave the students who want to get a higher level education alone. Preach. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ray of Light 8,134 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 In all honesty, these lawmakers better be thanking their lucky stars because the reality is worse than is even taught in current AP US History courses. The material taught in the course already omits some of America's most disgusting and horrific acts. Like this is already a very forgiving curriculum. I noticed they leave topics such as slavery & Native American removal to the last semester of the year; when teachers scramble and rush in order to cover all topics. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willy Wonka 4 Posted February 18, 2015 Author Share Posted February 18, 2015 I noticed they leave topics such as slavery & Native American removal to the last semester of the year; when teachers scramble and rush in order to cover all topics. The way that everything surrounding Native Americans is framed should be criminal. And the way in which the Civil Rights era is covered does such an injustice to what people went through. Those two aspects, and I'm sure more, sugarcoat history in the favor of the US to an extreme amount and these lawmakers should recognize that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JustPokeHerFace 2,564 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 The class was the hardest I had ever taken up to that point, but I learned so much and had a great teacher. These lawmakers need to stop. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
socotra 3,357 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 Taking this class next year in free California. (currently surviving AP Euro) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MahoganySnitch 67 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 I saw this trending earlier on FB and I COULD NOT. I've been in AP classes and they were definitely challenging, but they were absolutely my favorite classes from HS. Those instructors are some of the best educators I know. And to think some see them as agents of dissent, like But the fact that they think dissent will spark goes to show you they know that effed-up things have gone on in the nation, yet the priority isn't acknowledging them; it's sweeping it under the rug to present a more flowery portrait instead. AP Biology is next (God and whatnot) and god knows what else. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
tavaska 9 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 In all honesty, these lawmakers better be thanking their lucky stars because the reality is worse than is even taught in current AP US History courses. The material taught in the course already omits some of America's most disgusting and horrific acts. Like this is already a very forgiving curriculum. This. General APUSH material barely scratches the surface of the things that has happened in America. Unless we're referring to the assigned reading from sources outside of textbooks, because that stuff really does tell you the ****ed up **** that made America what it is today, lmao. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiphEret 1,320 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 That's petty scary, but well most countries usually don't say the whole story in their history books... Even in France there are some subjects that are "avoided" or barely talked about during history class unless you dig deep... Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luiz 4,253 Posted February 18, 2015 Share Posted February 18, 2015 time to unite the tribes and raid oaklahoma like the good old days and scalp these lawmakers I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.