Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

barcodemonster

This is the downfall of pop radio. I wish there was more variety of different songs among different artists of different ages. why should we let djs filter what we listen to? If someone requested living for love they would say "no"? This is why I glad more and more people are shifting away from radio to other formats like internet radio, pandora, iTunes Radio, etc

scan my barcode

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

Pity on them and pity on the comments of some you here... Let's talk in 25 years when your faves are banned from radio stations as well but they won't have achieved a quarter fo what Madonna has, in order not to give one little f*ck, like she does!!!

bionic

Didn't these disrespectful ****s do the same to Kylie Minogue?

Yep! Don't think they were so ruthless about it, but I suppose the lesson we can learn from this is that vicious and ageist comments are only vocalised towards women that are 'disliked', but felt towards all women over a certain age. Disgusting.

buy bionic

Battle 4 Ur Life

I'm not that fan of Living for Love but that's just plain ridiculous and shows the tragic times we're living in.

ezJXY1C.gif

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

DiscoHeaven23

Extremely ridiculous of Radio1. I'd be embarrassed if I was them. lets talk about Cher's "Believe" that was a mega hit when she was in her 50's.

StrawberryBlond

Robbie Williams went #1 UK with Candy and they still didn't play him. And he was only 39 at the time.

I think the policy is too extreme. Don't see why they can't give artists 40-50 a bit of support on a lead single and see what happens.

But at 56, Madonna has proven herself a heritage act with MDNA's performance.

That's what I was just thinking. I was shocked when this happened because this was still when Take That, and by extension, Robbie, were very popular. Robbie's fanbase may be older, but they are loyal, which explains why he's still selling albums and doing sold out tours all these years later. My aunt and cousin actually said that the only reason they jumped back on the Take That bandwagon was because Robbie re-joined and after he left the group again, they're no longer interested and will just focus on buying his solo stuff now. Male artists always have it easier than female artists and Robbie's a prime example of someone who'll always be deemed relevant by the industry regardless of his age, so the Radio 1 abandonment of him was really surprising.

I totally agree that there's nothing wrong with lending a bit of support in the first week or two of the single, just to see how it goes. If it's a hit, it throws the age theory out the window. People getting massive hits later in life is not uncommon. Kylie had Can't Get You Outta My Head in her 30's, Cher had Believe in her 40's and Madonna has had numerous hits in her 30's, 40's and even 50's. By outright banning certain people from radio, it only encourages the youth of today to judge music by the age of the artist, which is all wrong. I dread the day this happens to Gaga. I fear she may go through a rocky time in her 30's if she doesn't play her cards right and the thought of her doing really bad lead singles with features from young people in her 40's is just too tragic to contemplate.

I also agree that Madonna need not worry though, as she's proved her legacy and will never be forgotten even if she flops from now on. It's artists who haven't had a break till later in life or have always appealed to an older demographic that have real cause to worry.

Christ. Believe was so successful because Cher released it when she was 25, right?  :later:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Archived