๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

RAMROD

yeah... exactly why they are moving her to a playlist that will suit the ppl that are more likely to have "ears" that appreciate her

difference ears are exactly why we have different kinds of stations :toofunny:

u just contradicted yourself in this post :awkney:

No I am not.

I was saying genres based stations are fine.

But age may be a bit much.

There are young people that enjoy Madonna's music too.

Or olderusicians for that matter.

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HauntingHollow

We've got 30 years to go, im okay with that

ย 

she is already irrelevant

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Didn't these disrespectful ****s do the same to Kylie Minogue?

who will love me when the night is over

LoveandMagic

I found the article a little wishy washy. It's one thing if her music isn't popular with the audience, but to ban her just because of her age (if that's what they are doing) is dumb.

All that should matter is the music. From what I see on this board, Madonna has plenty of fans, many of them surely in the demographic of Radio 1. And I for one could care less if Madge wants to perform pop well into her fifties, sixties, or seventies. Why not? Pop isn't just for teens or twenty somethings.

Besides, I doubt she will care while she's traveling on her next worldwide, sold-out tour.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

I think they should just say we only play hit songs because what if her song goes #1 world wide (I know its not happening). Then they cant take this back.

Robbie Williams went #1 UK with Candy and they still didn't play him. And he was only 39 at the time.

I think the policy is too extreme. Don't see why they can't give artists 40-50 a bit of support on a lead single and see what happens.

ย 

But at 56, Madonna has proven herself a heritage act with MDNA's performance.

Just move her to their another radio playlist that they think suit the age.

ย 

Radio 2 has more listeners, but they don't buy singles. They do buy albums more if they appeal to R2's older audience. Which Madonna's music isn't targeting.ย 

ย 

There was a govt. report around 2010 that demanded Radio 1 work to achieve a younger average age for it's listeners. Madonna is lucky these policies weren't in place earlier, or they'd start hurting her with American Life.

Radio 2 has more listeners, but they don't buy singles. They do buy albums more if they appeal to R2's older audience. Which Madonna's music isn't targeting.ย 

ย 

There was a govt. report around 2010 that demanded Radio 1 work to achieve a younger average age for it's listeners. Madonna is lucky these policies weren't in place earlier, or they'd start hurting her with American Life.

Why does the govt care? Is it a govt run radio? (I don't actually know)

HighwayGuy

This whole article is very misleading reallyย 

The BBC has just decided that Madonna fits better on Radio 2 rather than Radio 1 based on the type of audience the two radio stations have, they did the same with Take That last year

BBC R2 is much more popular than radio 1 anywayย  :shrug:

Archived