💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Madonna's Grammy performance mic feed!

Ladey Gagz

Featured Posts

Miranda Sings

3:17 to 3:50 tho..

:thetea:

Out of breath much...

Of course she's out of breath. You would be too if you were up there singing and doing choreography.

Three album tracks claimed #1, #2 and #3 on US iTunes after the performance :yes:

Strangely enough the actual song she performed was outside of the Top 40 :emma:

No idea about Gaga.

That was because of preorders for the album

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gagz

What kind of impact have the positive reviews and performance had on Madonna's new album? Don't artists usually get a big boost after a good performance? Do we also know if Gaga's sales went up (even though her performance with Tony was much smaller)?

Her songs, the album and a remix album went straight up

As for Gaga, C2C shot up to about #30 which is good too

thierryrreiht

Of course she's out of breath. You would be too if you were up there singing and doing choreography.

Of course I would

That's exactly my point

I know age is a factor but have you been to a Gaga show? How much she slays during APPLAUSE and Gypsy?

Madonna did one song and hun that was not what I can call a "choreography"… 

Miranda Sings

Of course I would

That's exactly my point

I know age is a factor but have you been to a Gaga show? How much she slays during APPLAUSE and Gypsy?

Madonna did one song and hun that was not what I can call a "choreography"… 

I went to the artRAVE. She was out of breath at times too. Most performers are.

thierryrreiht

I went to the artRAVE. She was out of breath at times too. Most performers are.

I'm not saying she wasn't at all..

I was just pointing out that at a certain age, certain artists should revise their direction instead of still "trying to fit in"

LoveandMagic

The album will be released next month. So, what exactly is your point?

I didn't have a point. I was asking if she saw a boost in sales. I didn't see the performance and thought Rebel Heart was already out, so I thought the positive reviews and media attention would have proven helpful in getting her album up there in terms of chart performance and such.

Three album tracks claimed #1, #2 and #3 on US iTunes after the performance :yes:

Strangely enough the actual song she performed was outside of the Top 40 :emma:

No idea about Gaga.

That's great news! :)

Her songs, the album and a remix album went straight upAs for Gaga, C2C shot up to about #30 which is good too

Yay! Excellent news for Madonna, Gaga, and Tony! (and the fans!)

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

PopBitch

I was just pointing out that at a certain age, certain artists should revise their direction instead of still "trying to fit in"

Oh, please.  I remember Gaga so out of breath for Judas on a one-off TV appearance.  Madonna has more stamina that performers half her age.  MDNA tour showed that.  

Madonna hasn't performed in several years and has been working around the clock trying to get her album ready.   She's not going to be in her best shape stamina-wise at this point.  But you wait, for the tour months and months of working out for a show's worth of choreography she will be like an athlete.

By the way,  Mick Jagger is in his late 70s and covers that stage dancing and running and singing for two hours.  Nobody tells him to pack it in and perform in a different way.  He says for the tour it takes him six months of running eight miles a date, taking ballet, vocal exercises, etc. to get him ready for that, but he does it.  He covers many, many miles a night on stage.  Madonna will be fine when her tour happens.  She is disciplined.   And her concerts are a mixture of types of performances anyway.

MDNA tour.  I loved Celebration on that tour at the end of the night and she still had lots of energy.  This is Madonna in souncheck rehearsals earlier in the day before her show. She basically does the show twice she is such a perfectionist.  Wow,  how out of shape she is.

People hate on Madonna about her fans.  But she always lets fans in for soundchecks and rehearses in front of them and like this one, when the sound messed up, she started interacting with her fans and playing around having them sing songs to her and then picked back up on her choreography again.

Madonna will be an athlete on her next tour with lots of energy.  She's cute in this on sound rehearsal for those that think Madonna is such a biotch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKKgl-p360

thierryrreiht

Oh, please.  I remember Gaga so out of breath for Judas on a one-off TV appearance.  Madonna has more stamina that performers half her edge.  MDNA tour showed that.  

On Ellen

If I remember correctly, she was still doing the Monster Ball Tour, and/or ad just finished it (Her longest tour) and she was promoting BTW at the same time, barely sleeping if you recall the Gagavisions from that time. It was promo promo promo many hours a day.

In the last few weeks madonna was just photoshopping wires on people's face… Semi-jk

I can't confirm or debate what you said about Madonna, cause I don't follow her much. But that performance did not make me want to anyway….

Oh please, Madonna is probably in ten times better shape than Gaga. She is an actual athlete and has been for her entire life. Unlike Gaga who occationally "does some yoga" and try to loose weight and gain it right back (while on tour...) and Gaga's choreo during Artrave? Erm... yeah....

(And btw I did like ARtrave, not the point of this)

PopBitch

The backing track was loud that she might as well have been lip-syncing.

Kind of like Gaga during the Artrave where her backing track was used to the extreme compared to other tours and more in the forefront.   It's the one thing that disappointed me so much about Gaga in the Artrave, which was a great tour, that someone who discusses how much she's a live singer really put the backing track in the forefront for like half of a song all throughout her concert, except certain songs.  Also, I don't need Gaga screaming some lines while her backing track is going the work singing.

We could go on all day about this.  Gaga is a far better singer than Madonna.  Everyone knows this.   But Madonna was singing and I was surprised when watching the Grammys that I could see her vocals were prominent with the backing track, because I half-expected her to be lip-syncing having not performed since 2012.

When you say she might as well be lip-syncing, that's what a lot of people said about Gaga during the Artrave Tour in many, many songs in places because her voice was so low in the mi and the backing track was so prominent, and the line by many was, well, she's still singing.

Can't have it both ways.  Now, it's Madonna might as well be lip-syncing.  Well, then that goes for Gaga last tour a good part of the time.

Psychedelic

Actually it was on SNL :giggle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAw9sYBYS1g

That's not bad at all taking into account that she was dancing her ass off. What I dont understand is why some monsters are so hard on other artists' abilities, when Gaga isn't that perfect, this proves it!

My fave Kiesza dances as hard as that without running out of breath or going out of tune, and I'm not a stuck-up critic on others' faves! :whitney:

Archived