Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charli XCX on One Direction's music: "That's not sh*t"

Remus

Featured Posts

And we all care about the opinion of thirsty-for-revelance singers, don't we?

Funny-Cat-Images-24-GIFs-preview.png

So now people cant be opiniated ? nice to know

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

Maybe they twisted her words cause it doesn't seem like she's shading 1D but it wouldn't be surprised if she did... But I think 1d's music is better anyways :coffee:

drinkmytears

She does stan for Gaga kinda :shrug: but so does 1D Kinda....i'll leave

She doesn't stan for Gaga. She's said some nice things about her, just respecting her artistry, but she doesn't like Gaga's music. She said DWUW was the only Gaga song she liked.

And I really doubt a bunch of men in their 20s, who identify as straight, rock/hip hop fans, "Stan" for Gaga.

Why should that even matter anyways? It seems like you like Madonna, someone who's not a fan. Such a petty way to pick sides.

nativenewyorker

Their music is **** and everyone knows it except the 14 year old girls blinded by the boy band image. It's her opinion, who cares? Simon Cowell only cares about commercial value and that's not what Charli's music is about at all. 

Psychedelic

If you're trying to say Charli makes ****ty music, then stop, cause both of her albums got a 76 on Metacritic, which is pretty impressive.

She's right, though. They blow. 

This :lollipop:

Ladey Gagz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABhDiXbUaBE

She has no room to talk.

Girl I love you, but you're not even big enough to open for them. :toofloppy: I still like her tho. :derpga: I just wish people would move on from this whole "real" music vs. "commercial" music bs and everybody listens to whatever pleases their ears.

I don't like One Direction but after Doing It she has no room to talk. photo-25749.jpg?_r=1423301504

All 110% true :emma:

I like Charli and use her songs but sis :deadbanana:

gagaisitalian

So tired of these stale ass new artists dissing established artists. Don't bite the hands of those who can help you.

The Master

She doesn't stan for Gaga. She's said some nice things about her, just respecting her artistry, but she doesn't like Gaga's music. She said DWUW was the only Gaga song she liked.

And I really doubt a bunch of men in their 20s, who identify as straight, rock/hip hop fans, "Stan" for Gaga.

Why should that even matter anyways? It seems like you like Madonna, someone who's not a fan. Such a petty way to pick sides.

:reductive: you're the one with the problem  :smh: Not me  :fame: and I'm not sorry  :bye:

It's obvious this article is twisted to make her look like a shady b*tch and make dem directioners clicking on the website. :smh:

But in terms of her remark on how SYCO label makes music, I agree with her. I noticed that the SYCO artists are more glamorized for their looks and appeal for the general public. That is, the talent that was supposed to be shine through music was overshowed by the cutesy gimmicks. The artists have catchy and easy to swallow songs but at the end of they day, they leave no cultural impact, aside from the huge craze by their obsessed fans.

On the other hand, I am iffy with Charli's statement about pop music because it contradicts her latest album which is formulated to appeal to the general public. As soon as I Love It smashed, her label pushed her debut album True Romance (which is brilliant btw). Then when Fancy blew up and she got recognized, they didn't wait for another chance and capitalized on Boom Clap and released Sucker as well. I can't blame her label to strike while the iron is hot for her career though. It seems Charli is pressured by her label to sell out but at the same time, have her own sound.

drinkmytears

:reductive: you're the one with the problem  :smh: Not me  :fame: and I'm not sorry  :bye:

I never said you had a problem wtf? 

iloveit123

I feel like One Direction is one of those bands I see people endlessly posting pics of on Tumblr, etc, but I could not identify one of their songs... 

RAMROD

She is in danger.

The Directioners will come for her now. :udidnt:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived