Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LISTEN: Katy Perry - By The Grace of God (Next Single?)

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

If it does well after her Grammy performance, it stands a chance of being a single, if not, it won't. Simple. I'm surprised her team didn't try to push LL and WOA as singles by this point and the re-release was supposedly cancelled, so it's increasingly unlikely that there'll be any more singles. Her ballads have proven unsuccessful for her thus far, except when they were part of the huge era that was Teenage Dream. I don't think this one of all songs, is going to break that spell.

I can't believe some of the fan bias from some of the Katycats here, though. Don't let chart positions, online views and touring figures fool you - the Prism era won't be remembered in years to come. It simply didn't have the cultural impact of her previous eras. Remember that the whole world isn't America either. Her worldwide performance was pretty poor this time around. Look at her worldwide sales, chart positions and touring demand. The UK and Netherlands were the only countries in Europe where she had demand for second dates and if rumours are correct, most of those arenas are only half full. Katy went from 6 #1's and 2 top 10's from one album in the US to having just 2 #1's with her follow up. Another two failed to reach the top ten and one failed to hit top 20. That is a massive downfall, whether you want to face up to it or not. I know that Katy fans would be laughing at Gaga if she had performed similarly.

christinahoney

:lmao: you 2 must be Americans xD no sense of humour at all.

You must be an idiot to assume I'm American based on the fact that I do not find slutty behavior humorous.

christinahoney

anyone else think its funny she is doing a ballad when Gaga is? its annoying to me

You've got to be joking. Please be joking.

shaneybaby

...what can't you understand? :spin:  What is there to understand? :spin:

This comment left me wondering

Or do you mean that you can't hear the words that she's singing? :shrug:

no i just meant i don't understand why its there lol its bad to me when i actually like the rest of the song. the chorus doesn't fit imo

SISTERV

???

Get called out for doing a ballad at the Grammys? 

in b4 gaga invented ballads at awards

did you read the original comment? I hope Katy gets called out for doing the same things as Gaga all the time.

darkchylde

Katy said that she wants her next album to be more acoustic, maybe they are going to close the era by testing the waters?

Edit: I think it's a brilliant song, but I still need Legendary Lovers or Ghost to have a video. :giveup:

inb4 she still makes the next album her third teenage dream

She's making this era waay too long. I mean she's trying to cover one flop with another. Ever since DH, Birthday and TIHWD flopped so hard. Birthday has like 1 mil view on the official video and TIHWD peaked at #24  :air:  It wasn't even in the year end chart. About the super bowl, they usually give the performance to someone who is not soo famous at the moment. Beyonce 2013? She wasn't extremely famous at that time. Madonna? And let's not talk about Bruno Mars 

did you read the original comment? I hope Katy gets called out for doing the same things as Gaga all the time.

oh ok

somnambulist

Katy Kats are in for a VERY rude awakening when people move on to the next pop star. Every conversation related to Perry turns into sales and charts and nothing to do with her actual performances and artistry. I've seen this happen over and over again, people will grow tired of her. I actually like her, and her music isn't that bad, but there's only so many Left Sharks people can look at before people get tired of the gimmicks and want an artist.

It happened to Gaga too, no dress or outfit is going to get people talking anymore unless she tones it down at this point. Luckily for gaga, she has amazing pipes to fall back on.

If it does well after her Grammy performance, it stands a chance of being a single, if not, it won't. Simple. I'm surprised her team didn't try to push LL and WOA as singles by this point and the re-release was supposedly cancelled, so it's increasingly unlikely that there'll be any more singles. Her ballads have proven unsuccessful for her thus far, except when they were part of the huge era that was Teenage Dream. I don't think this one of all songs, is going to break that spell.

I can't believe some of the fan bias from some of the Katycats here, though. Don't let chart positions, online views and touring figures fool you - the Prism era won't be remembered in years to come. It simply didn't have the cultural impact of her previous eras. Remember that the whole world isn't America either. Her worldwide performance was pretty poor this time around. Look at her worldwide sales, chart positions and touring demand. The UK and Netherlands were the only countries in Europe where she had demand for second dates and if rumours are correct, most of those arenas are only half full. Katy went from 6 #1's and 2 top 10's from one album in the US to having just 2 #1's with her follow up. Another two failed to reach the top ten and one failed to hit top 20. That is a massive downfall, whether you want to face up to it or not. I know that Katy fans would be laughing at Gaga if she had performed similarly.

eeeem her album sold more worldwide than it did in America. So to count an era we should not take into consideration the charts,the views and the tour receipts ? as for the comparison with gaga i wont go there.

Katy Kats are in for a VERY rude awakening when people move on to the next pop star. Every conversation related to Perry turns into sales and charts and nothing to do with her actual performances and artistry. I've seen this happen over and over again, people will grow tired of her. I actually like her, and her music isn't that bad, but there's only so many Left Sharks people can look at before people get tired of the gimmicks and want an artist.

It happened to Gaga too, no dress or outfit is going to get people talking anymore unless she tones it down at this point. Luckily for gaga, she has amazing pipes to fall back on.

this i agree completely. Katy has to change her image and mix up her music a bit in her next era if she wants to succeed. 

Ladey Gagz

anyone else think its funny she is doing a ballad when Gaga is? its annoying to me

Cheek To Cheek is a ballad? :air: It's not even Pop :air:

She's not allowed to do ballads now? :air: It's not like it's her first one :rip:

Is Rihanna annoying you too? :giggle:

Archived