💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: Tony Bennett and Gaga just finished their Grammy rehearsals

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Streisand used "grandiose set pieces" when she covered these standers back in the 60's on her television specials. Nina Hagen gave shocking performances of these standards when she took them on. Grace Jones doesn't abandon her outrageous fashion sense when she is covering jazz standards at jazz festivals. 

There is no excuse for Gaga, a performance artist praised for her creativity, to churn out identical performances of jazz standards. She is just doing Ella drag. 

It wouldn't kill her to be a little more Gaga and a little less Lady while she is on stage with Tony.

What I meant was that Gaga is literally taking a break from it. Like, she doesn't want to.

And she doesn't have to either. I don't think she needs set pieces to entertain.

crisTEAne

What I meant was that Gaga is literally taking a break from it. Like, she doesn't want to.

And she doesn't have to either. I don't think she needs set pieces to entertain.

exactly. her vocals are slaying and quite enough :yes:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Americano

Gaga was "Gaga" from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and whatever we had of the ARTPOP era in 2013/2014.

Paparazzi? Alejandro? You & I? Applause? Even some of her C2C performances have a bit of a Gaga tinge in the outfits. Thats years of "crazy" and literally 11 hit singles of "crazy."

Thats not even including her tours which have ALL been nuts.

A year off to do more classy, vocally-focused performances won't kill her whole brand. And just because she was crazy for most of her career doesn't mean she needs to be crazy for the entire thing.

giskardsb

Seems boring already, I'm sorry. What a waste of a performance just to go there sing and smile. I don't expect that kind of performance from Gaga, especially at the Grammys.

you do realize that Lady Gaga is a SINGER right?

Gaga does not need elaborate sets and gallons of fake blood to entertain, but there is no doubt that Gaga's failure to bring any sense of innovation to this collaboration with Tony takes Cheek To Cheek into the redundant Harry Starbucks Bublé Jr. category of standards. 

If she needs a break then she should take a break. You don't phone in your creativity when you are collaborating with an icon on a global stage. 

Gaga does not need elaborate sets and gallons of fake blood to entertain, but there is no doubt that Gaga's failure to bring any sense of innovation to this collaboration with Tony takes Cheek To Cheek into the redundant Harry Starbucks Bublé Jr. category of standards. 

If she needs a break then she should take a break. You don't phone in your creativity when you are collaborating with an icon on a global stage.

Tony loves it though.

I'm sorry but I haven't seen any good arguements as to why she needs to use set pieces or what not. Not using set pieces is basically attention grabbing enough for Lady Gaga. Most people haven't watched every C2C performance like monsters (at least some of us) do. So no one else is bored of it.

Tony loves it though.

I'm sorry but I haven't seen any good arguements as to why she needs to use set pieces or what not. Not using set pieces is basically attention grabbing enough for Lady Gaga. Most people haven't watched every C2C performance like monsters (at least some of us) do. So no one else is bored of it.

I very clearly said that Gaga does not need an elaborate set to entertain, I'm not sure why you are harping on that. My point was that Gaga is not bringing the same innovative sprit that she brings to pop music to her collaboration with Tony. The entire packaging of this project was uninspired and predictable.

People are interested in Tony and Gaga's collaboration because it brings together two radically different artists. The Gentlemen of Jazz, an old school crooner and a shock-jock, performance-artists, pop-star. So when Gaga decides to be all Lady and no Gaga it's stops being an interesting collaboration and starts being  a schmaltzy Starbucks duo. 

It wouldn't kill Tony to wear a bacon bow tie as a nod to Gaga's art, and it wouldn't kill Gaga to not wear another ball gown with an updo.

Mason Knowles

They're going to absolutely kill it. Looking forward to the general public hearing Jazzga. I'm confused why monsters are pissed she isn't wearing ****ing cheerio boxes this era. It's jazz, the original american classic. Of course the garb is going to be timeless and decadent. Plus, the entire era was created so Gaga could show off her vocals and prove that she isn't a one trick pony... So

barack-obama-deal-with-it-on-the-phone-m

Lady peaceful, lady happy... that's what I long to be.

I very clearly said that Gaga does not need an elaborate set to entertain, I'm not sure why you are harping on that. My point was that Gaga is not bringing the same innovative sprit that she brings to pop music to her collaboration with Tony. The entire packaging of this project was uninspired and predictable.

People are interested in Tony and Gaga's collaboration because it brings together two radically different artists. The Gentlemen of Jazz, an old school crooner and a shock-jock, performance-artists, pop-star. So when Gaga decides to be all Lady and no Gaga it's stops being an interesting collaboration and starts being  a schmaltzy Starbucks duo. 

It wouldn't kill Tony to wear a bacon bow tie as a nod to Gaga's art, and it wouldn't kill Gaga to not wear another ball gown with an updo.

"Or what not" is colloquial spesk and in this case was meant to mean "or whatever else you might think she needs to do."

In other words, I wasn't harping on that.

Not that I think a different hair style would satisfy you...

Archived