Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard thinks NFL is saving Gaga for Superbowl 50

Squidward T

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

Unpopular opinion: I want her to wait a few more years because you can only do the super bowl ONCE and I still think she's very early on in her career and has a lot more to achieve

I agree

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Cheek to Cheek helped her brand a lot. All the beautiful selfies, Asia, Performances with Tony, singing IILMFIY to Sting all these really helped. I think if she goes into a more stripped down rock/ funk/disco route people will really like it. I would just like her to make her comeback with music before the Super Bowl. If she comes back and slays with meaningful great music this year I would love a Super Bowl performance next year, otherwise I would wait

well yeah but C2C and Sting performance are irrelevant to the main target market for Pop Music and that are young people from 14 to 20-25 ....

If she gets offered Superbowl performance next year, she needs to say YES, cuz you never know if you'll have another chance.  What if her next album underperforms as well ?

Haroon

That would be good I guess, but I'd prefer Rihanna or Taylor Swift because they've got huge album eras going on right now (Rihanna's is just around the corner) and it'd be the icing on the cake :flutter:

well yeah but C2C and Sting performance are irrelevant to the main target market for Pop Music and that are young people from 14 to 20-25 ....

If she gets offered Superbowl performance next year, she needs to say YES, cuz you never know if you'll have another chance. What if her next album underperforms as well ?

Why so pessimistic? :cryga:

But I agree

Stephen

Beyonce was starting to fade in 2011 before her pregnancy.  Then Superbowl she slayed it was all about her and nothing else, which really helped build hype for BEYONCE and now everyone considers Bey the Queen...

This is so true. I even saw people say beyonce was over after four... her pregnancy + superbowl + surprise album release strategy is what cemented her I think

This is so true. I even saw people say beyonce was over after four... her pregnancy + superbowl + surprise album release strategy is what cemented her I think

yeah exactly, I've always been a fan of Beyonce and I used to be like "Why is she so underrated, why isn't she as big as Gaga etc." and look how the tables turned :rip:

XoXoJoanneGaga

later on she'll have nothing to prove. Right now Superbowl (2016) would be perfect for her.  People started forgetting her hits and achievements. Media is trashing her etc.  She needs to remind people why she is the Queen and what better way than Performing, which is one of Gaga's strongest points ? 

Beyonce was starting to fade in 2011 before her pregnancy.  Then Superbowl she slayed it was all about her and nothing else, which really helped build hype for BEYONCE and now everyone considers Bey the Queen...

Agreed, this is probably the most important re-branding period of her career, the Superbowl would do wonders. I don't really think it'll happen though.

Agreed, this is probably the most important re-branding period of her career, the Superbowl would do wonders. I don't really think it'll happen though.

yeah I kind of doubt it too. . It'd be too random.  Wouldn't have been so random in 2011/2012 coming of a huge era.  But now ...   I also wouldn't mind 1-2 albums more and then Superbowl, it's just that Superbowl 50 would be so special and hyped and Lady Gaga + a rock group sounds like the perfect Halftime show and imagine if its longer than usual cuz it marks 50th anniversary  :legend:

Whispering

If she gets offered Superbowl performance next year, she needs to say YES, cuz you never know if you'll have another chance.  What if her next album underperforms as well ?

Pop music's target demo is women from 18-35. That is their target audience on CHR in the US.

Pop music's target demo is women from 18-35. That is their target audience on CHR in the US.

target audience maybe, but Target Market you have to consider all of the people that cosume pop music including the ones that don't buy it, just listen to it on Radio etc.

And maybe I should've said Popular Culture, not just pop music.  Lady Gaga was Popular Culture from 2009 to 2012, now she's quite absent and it's quite scary :ohno:  I hope she'll manage to make a turn like Beyonce did ! And Rihanna kind of (after RR)

Whispering

Receipts? Hardly think they follow Gaga with Katy Perry.... especially if Katy Perry does a terrible job this year. They will most likely put some male artist who appeals to men and women.... Probably Kanye :coffee:

They need to find a rock or country group/artist for the next SB. The natives are getting restless. lol

I'm thinking Garth Brooks could be their target for the 50th Super Bowl. Maybe they will have U2 or JT back?

Remember when they used to have multiple artists? Maybe they will do something like that and bring several artists back for the big 50th year?

Whispering

I feel like Gaga would pull some strings and get a 30 minute set instead of the 15, like how she got 1 hour for the iHeart Radio Festival :emo:

No way! No artist is bigger than the NFL...NO ONE! The NFL sets the time frame and you abide by it, end of story.

RAMROD

Yes, much better article than that 5SOS preduction mess.

And please be real :emo:

Iron Maiden or ANTHRAX are more than welcome.

So does KISS, or SLAYER, or MÖTLEY CRÜE (though they will retire after this year.)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived