💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Azealia Banks

inuborg

Which Album?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Are You More Excited For?

• Business And Pleasure
    • Fantasea 2: The Second Wave.

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Yes that's true, people aren't always thinking in a homophobic way when they use that word. But there are such grave, fatal connotations tied deeply in with that word. Not just gay men who hear it while being beaten now but gay men that have been killed over hundreds of years. People say that the N word just means ignorant, as if it excuses their use of it. But I think if you (AB) are trying to start a meaningful dialogue about inequalities you can't dismiss how many people you will hurt with your usage of that word.

I just don't like that she's focusing in this tightly on white gay men as if they are the only ones who use the word in a derogatory fashion. The word b---h has become a term of endearment in the African American community, so I don't see why she doesn't critique the words presence in rap culture. 

Oh no I definitely agree that Azealia shouldn't be saying fag. I was more addressing his comment that gay men themselves are homophobic for using that word, seemingly regardless of context.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's spot on with the racism in the LGBT community cause it's a real thing and I understand her, but her usage of the F-word just doesn't fly with me, as well as her other comments about Trans people and others. Being Bi, I refuse to say it. This is kind of why I can fully rock with her, honestly. I will defend her to the end of time when discussing race, cause most of the time she's correct, but any other time... nah.

But I like how every discussion that's brought up about racism in the LGBT community automatically turns into how black people are homophobic. (We know how prevalent it is) Can we actually ask some Black gays their thoughts on the F-word, cause I wanna know how they feel about it(???)

The Professor

This comic has nothing to do with appropriation though? I just think members here are too biased when it comes to her that they automatically block themselves out from hearing any type of discussion from her.

I know but its a similar subject that Iggy has gotten hate for (the borders between both cultures and what belongs to whom).

I'm saying both of their opinions would be better stated without using that type of language in a comic.  

And that may be true

Redstreak

because it's not about the word at all. think of her argument more as hypocritical offense. she attacks white gay culture, and especially white gay media, for thoughtlessly throwing the word b---h around, but being instantly offended when someone says f@g and calling them a homophobe. she argues that it's fine to use the word b---h if you want, but don't turn around and call people homophobic when they use the word "f@g". it's not about the word at all. it's about the hypocrisy. that's what she takes issue with. gay culture doesn't claim that someone who uses the word b---h is misogynistic, so why is a person who uses the word "f@g" homophobic? that's all she is saying. whether or not i agree with it is a different story, but that's her argument.

:applause:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

mitchellok

gay culture and black culture are so closely related as of basically the beginning of the gay rights movement

she decides to alter the meaning of words as she chooses but can't see any other possible alternative meaning or even sarcasm to the terms she deems "s-xist" and "racist" that are basically in the every day vocabulary of almost all english speaking people

i'm with the "homo" that just can't on this one, but i wouldn't be caught dead in a shirt that reads "fancy"  :queenga:

she can do what she wants however the hell she wants but when i see gay people **specifically** gay fans of gaga who also stan and defend azealia i just can't, again.

she owned it when she tore apart igloo but she ruined her only good run shortly after by defending cosby and has kept digging her hole since and her bank account is the only one suffering  :bye:

SissyFromSpace

she is just as bad as the people she is against. Iggy's ignorance can be remedied, Azealia's intolerance can't.

I love how her fans always try to bring the more talented, relevant acts (Iggy in this case) to justify her homophobia :rip:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Oh no I definitely agree that Azealia shouldn't be saying fag. I was more addressing his comment that gay men themselves are homophobic for using that word, seemingly regardless of context.

Oh absolutely. I know Trill Monster has said before he doesn't mind the word and lets his friends call him that... and that really doesn't mean that it's okay. I was talking about gays ingrained homophobia last time one of these posts came up. I know I hated myself and a lot of my gay peers when I was growing up... Thank god I love myself for who I am now.

because it's not about the word at all. think of her argument more as hypocritical offense. she attacks white gay culture, and especially white gay media, for thoughtlessly throwing the word b---h around, but being instantly offended when someone says f@g and calling them a homophobe. she argues that it's fine to use the word b---h if you want, but don't turn around and call people homophobic when they use the word "f@g". it's not about the word at all. it's about the hypocrisy. that's what she takes issue with. gay culture doesn't claim that someone who uses the word b---h is misogynistic, so why is a person who uses the word "f@g" homophobic? that's all she is saying. whether or not i agree with it is a different story, but that's her argument.

I suppose it is still hard taking her seriously because I know that I am not a misogynistic person. It really bothers me that she generalizes so crassly. To be honest, more than 75% of the times I've been called a f@g it's been by a person of color. Does that mean that I go around saying "black culture needs to stop calling people f@gs?" No, because it boils down to the individual and I know that. But she doesn't seem to understand that at all. She does not care if she is offending anybody, even if she's offending people who agree with her (me, for example). Gays can be extremely misogynistic, and one reason could be is our jealousy. We can be jealous that these entities get all the male attention with none of the stigmas that come with it. And AB knows this. But instead of talking about it in a civil way (i.e. not using the word f@g) she decides to taunt us "I have all the femininity" and whatnot.

(by the way it should be noted that I am arguing against her position, not you personally  :yes: )

Willy Wonka

Oh absolutely. I know Trill Monster has said before he doesn't mind the word and lets his friends call him that... and that really doesn't mean that it's okay. I was talking about gays ingrained homophobia last time one of these posts came up. I know I hated myself and a lot of my gay peers when I was growing up... Thank god I love myself for who I am now.

I suppose it is still hard taking her seriously because I know that I am not a misogynistic person. It really bothers me that she generalizes so crassly. To be honest, more than 75% of the times I've been called a f@g it's been by a person of color. Does that mean that I go around saying "black culture needs to stop calling people f@gs?" No, because it boils down to the individual and I know that. But she doesn't seem to understand that at all. She does not care if she is offending anybody, even if she's offending people who agree with her (me, for example). Gays can be extremely misogynistic, and one reason could be is our jealousy. We can be jealous that these entities get all the male attention with none of the stigmas that come with it. And AB knows this. But instead of talking about it in a civil way (i.e. not using the word f@g) she decides to taunt us "I have all the femininity" and whatnot.

(by the way it should be noted that I am arguing against her position, not you personally  :yes: )

I think you're still somewhat misunderstanding what she's saying and I feel like a **** for saying that. Let's see if this clarifies.

Okay, so let's assume you really aren't misogynistic (that's not an insult, it's just who knows? i don't know your life haha) and you use the word "b---h" a lot. You're not a woman. That's "not your word to reappropriate". But you use it a lot and you still don't view yourself as misogynistic.

Now let's say you had a female friend who casually used the word "f@g" a lot. If you aren't misogynistic for using the word "b---h", why would you consider her homophobic for using the word "f@g"?

You, in this situation, happens to be the gay white media and culture. Whether you want to argue about the qualifiers (I would argue the qualifiers are accurate) is unimportant. Who the "you" is doesn't matter. What she is attacking is the double standard that "you" are allowed to use "b---h" and not consider yourself misogynistic, but "you" call her homophobic when she uses the word "f@g".

So, what she says is that you, as an individual, can use "b---h" all you want and you don't have to be misogynistic. But if you do so, you shouldn't consider her homophobic for using "f@g". Likewise, if you really have that strong of an aversion to the word "f@g", then you better not use the word "b---h". It's not an attack or generalization as much as it is a challenge to logic.

(and no, I completely understand that and I hope you realize the same from me!  :) )

I think you're still somewhat misunderstanding what she's saying and I feel like a **** for saying that. Let's see if this clarifies.

Okay, so let's assume you really aren't misogynistic (that's not an insult, it's just who knows? i don't know your life haha) and you use the word "b---h" a lot. You're not a woman. That's "not your word to reappropriate". But you use it a lot and you still don't view yourself as misogynistic.

Now let's say you had a female friend who casually used the word "f@g" a lot. If you aren't misogynistic for using the word "b---h", why would you consider her homophobic for using the word "f@g"?

You, in this situation, happens to be the gay white media and culture. Whether you want to argue about the qualifiers (I would argue the qualifiers are accurate) is unimportant. Who the "you" is doesn't matter. What she is attacking is the double standard that "you" are allowed to use "b---h" and not consider yourself misogynistic, but "you" call her homophobic when she uses the word "f@g".

So, what she says is that you, as an individual, can use "b---h" all you want and you don't have to be misogynistic. But if you do so, you shouldn't consider her homophobic for using "f@g". Likewise, if you really have that strong of an aversion to the word "f@g", then you better not use the word "b---h". It's not an attack or generalization as much as it is a challenge to logic.

(and no, I completely understand that and I hope you realize the same from me!  :) )

AHHHHH it makes sense. Even as I was writing out my response to your last post I think I was beginning to understand her logic.

NEVERTHELESS, she is still going about all of this the wrong way. This point, as well as her points on Iggy, would be much better received if she went about this with some tact and grace.

(Of course I realized the same, or else I wouldn't have bothered trying to be polite to you  :hug: )

Willy Wonka

I love how her fans always try to bring the more talented, relevant acts (Iggy in this case) to justify her homophobia :rip:

lance i feel #blessed that you aren't an azealia stan because you'd be an embarrassing representation. we're talking about azealia and i still feel like you'd bring down the level of class and intelligence.

TRILL MONSTER

You never told me who your avi was ....

SissyFromSpace

lance i feel #blessed that you aren't an azealia stan because you'd be an embarrassing representation. we're talking about azealia and i still feel like you'd bring down the level of class and intelligence.

LOVE the personal attack. Consider yourself reported!

and the post has a gay boy wearing Iggy's #1 hit Fancy. Which is attacking Iggy and her gay fans.

You never told me who your avi was ....

His name is XL

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Willy Wonka

AHHHHH it makes sense. Even as I was writing out my response to your last post I think I was beginning to understand her logic.

NEVERTHELESS, she is still going about all of this the wrong way. This point, as well as her points on Iggy, would be much better received if she went about this with some tact and grace.

(Of course I realized the same, or else I wouldn't have bothered trying to be polite to you  :hug: )

I absolutely agree with you!

As fantastic as it would be if tone and delivery didn't matter, that's not the reality we live in. She's the only one speaking out on some of these issues, but she does it in a way that makes her look so unintelligent and that makes people disregard her actual arguments. I'd argue that she actually does more harm than good for the issues she's passionate about.

But now you can sort of see how I can still stand by her to some extent. I don't agree with everything she says (by a long shot), and I definitely don't agree with the way in which she handles things, but I appreciate her perspective and the intellectualism of it. It's easy to have a knee-jerk reaction to her, but she's forced me to consider a lot of my own assumptions. Like even now, "Why do we focus more on language rather than intent?" and "Why does the use of the word 'f@g' or 'n****r' instantly mean that someone is homophobic or racist?"

It's so unfortunate that she brings these things up in SUCH an inflammatory way. She makes so many important points and people either misunderstand or get mad. She's really not fulfilling her potential.  :fat:

(I'm so glad we could talk about this so maturely  :hug: )

• famous changed the title to Azealia Banks
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived