Sam Smith: If I got the AOTY, I'd give it to Beyonce

Putin

Featured Posts

PlasticHo

Beyonce doesn't deserve AOTY though

It's about quality, not the pop culture explosion the release created.

and half her album was disposable slow tracks with her moaning about s-x with Jay-Z

THANK YOU!!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll keep rude comments to myself about you posting this.

anyway, 6 nominations for his debut and who are you?

An (imo) more talented songwriter with a wide range of musical tastes and interests.

One hit wonders historically win Grammy's, no issue for him there. I don't care about his second hit either, Carly Rae comes to mind.

chrismugler

B8c0lowIUAAg-TM.jpg

While Smith aims to change perceptions of what a typical pop star needs to look like, he has his insecure moments.

"I just want to lose weight for the Grammys, if I'm honest," says Smith, who is currently on a cayenne-pepper juice regimen ahead of the biggest night of his career. "I'm just very body-conscious. Sometimes I'm really proud that I don't look like other pop stars. But there's also moments where I'm like, 'Ugh, I wish I had abs like Bieber.'"

He wouldn't mind losing a Grammy  to Beyoncé.

Smith is a longtime Beyoncé superfan; he's been known to sing "Drunk in Love" in the shower and knows all the moves from the video. He's facing off against Bey in the Album of the Year category, and Smith insists he'd rather see his hero win. "She deserves it way more than I do," he says. "I'd be embarrassed if I got it over her. If I got it, I'd give it to her."

I love that he is so self-aware. His album is totally dreadful compared to BEYONCE.

He reminds me of George Michael in that pic, :hor: The homeboy loves everyone, including Gags and now Madge according to his Instagram. I would love to see Sam winning the Pop Vocal Album but I think AOTY it's for Beyoncé or Pharrell Williams...  FYI The GRAMMYs loves Pharrell :manicure:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

devoured-heart

He reminds me of George Michael in that pic, :hor: The homeboy loves everyone, including Gags and now Madge according to his Instagram. I would love to see Sam winning the Pop Vocal Album but I think AOTY it's for Beyoncé or Pharrell Williams... FYI The GRAMMYs loves Pharrell :manicure:

Tbh he reminds me of the meme with the girl holding out her hand...His neck/head looks so far out!

InGagzWeTrust

Boring. That album is boring. He took a safe path by going to adult contemporary music imo. And to think he could have done some amazing stuff if he went for uptempo tracks like Latch and La La La  :smh:

Teal Ambition

He means absolutely nothing bad by any of these comments, so I really don't see how people are finding anything negative in here :confused: He's a big fan of Beyonce and would rather her win than himself, I'm guessing because he enjoyed her album THAT much :yes:

This. I don't get why everyone is being so damn rude about the whole comment. It's his opinion, if he thinks the album is good, then let him be.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

PMKKARDASHiAN

Don't get angry. You are so hot :hor:

Awww thank you :) but I'm not angry I just get irritated when people have sh!t to say about fat people cuz I used to be fat and I got big friends now so I'm defensive.

<3 :)

Archived