Featured Posts

Galactic Mess

no it wont be out till march 

well probably get it in lq 

Oh, what a pity :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I a--lyzed lyrical content? WTF, did you not learn about literature in school? Did you not interpret poetry or classical works of art?

Yes I did, and I passed with over a 100, but obviously you didn't learn well, otherwise you'd know that authorial intention is never the same as audience interpretation, and that audience interpretation is never a fact, but rather a form of deconstruction. Also, not you comparing Swine to classical literature. :smh:

Also, you barely touched lyrical content as you claim you did. You mainly talked about the composition of the instrumental, which Gaga probably had little to do with when it comes to the the actual making of it (not including cord progression and general remarks).

I would agree with you if Swine was actually as developed as you make it sound, because in itself, it's a very simplistic song. It's not any different than other Gaga songs that follow the exact same verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-outro formula. The effects and moods you claim to be there would have been better captured with key and tempo changes, which is the same reason I don't like Gypsy all that much. A simple key change into a C major at the last chorus would have completed the song. Both Gypsy an Swine sound incomplete tbqh.

aaronyoji

im more appalled at the statistics and subject matter of this documentary more than i am that were not hearing the song right away. as should the rest of you be. like seriously none of this attention should be payed to gaga think about the bigger picture here.....god...

CannaeDrive

How the past weeks probably went:

1. Gaga told Howard Stern about her s-xual abuse story

2. Diane Warren heard about it and decided Gaga might want to be involved in this project

3. Gaga wanted to contribute to this cause so they recorded a song

4. The rights to the song were given to the producers of the movie

5. The point of the song is to raise awareness, not to be a Gaga hit song, so it didn't get the usual treatment from Interscope or Gaga

6. It would be weird if the song wasn't mentioned AT ALL by Gaga before it was played, so Gaga tweeted about it  - not promising anything. By only tweeting about it a few hours beforehand and NOT adding an itunes link she kept the hype to a minimum so that the focus remained on the documentary and not some "comeback song".

The only reason anyone should've been hyped is Diane, who probably got over excited because she's proud of her work - but she's in no authority or position to promise a release of any kind. Neither Gaga nor Interscope are being messy with promotion, they're just putting in an extra bit of effort to help a good cause.

I commend this post  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

ChicaSkas

This thread has shown me how truly childish Gaga fans are. Gaga takes part in a song written by someone else to raise awareness for a very serious cause and everyone is crying like a little baby because they can't listen to the song. If Gaga hadn't mentioned the song, fans would be pissed that she didn't mention anything and that they didn't get to listen to it. People need to realize that whether or not Gaga would have mentioned it, they wouldn't be able to hear it regardless. She owes us nothing. There's barely any praise for her generosity towards contributing to the cause and instead there's a ton of whining. Please grow up people.

God bless you and god bless this post. I would like to personally commend you for some sanity!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Duella Dvil

Yes I did, and I passed with over a 100, but obviously you didn't learn well, otherwise you'd know that authorial intention is never the same as audience interpretation, and that audience interpretation is never a fact, but rather a form of deconstruction. Also, not you comparing Swine to classical literature. :smh:

Also, you barely touched lyrical content as you claim you did. You mainly talked about the composition of the instrumental, which Gaga probably had little to do with when it comes to the the actual making of it (not including cord progression and general remarks).

I would agree with you if Swine was actually as developed as you make it sound, because in itself, it's a very simplistic song. It's not any different than other Gaga songs that follow the exact same verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-outro formula. The effects and moods you claim to be there would have been better captured with key and tempo changes, which is the same reason I don't like Gypsy all that much. A simple key change into a C major at the last chorus would have completed the song. Both Gypsy an Swine sound incomplete tbqh.

Wow. The delusion. No I'm making the comparison of interpretation NOT saying it is classical in any way shape or form. I have said repeatedly in this dumb argument where you go ahead and interpret everything i am saying as exactly what it is that i'm NOT saying that i am not a fan of how the song is done. Repeatedly and hell look around the forum and ummm... Yeah I talk about disliking swine a lot actually. But a--lysis and how the author wrote the lyrics... The moods are present because she is presenting a commentary in the first verse against a force coming at her. (Not saying a thing about the instrumental) Which a key point in rape IS SAYING NO. as i said I am a--lyizing ONLY what i am given by the artist, not how it SHOULD be done. The prechorus' connotation shifts because of the lyrical content surrounding. I really do not think you get what you are trying to say. Also AS A SURVIVOR someone who was beaten and had there face slammed in the dirt and taken to pound town til i bled. I know where she is coming from so I DO bear a great understanding on this. PM me if you want to continue/end this conversation. Because I'm finna just start a lyric by lyric explanation of what is CLEARLY going on.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Matt Converse

Those at Sundance got to hear it.  I hear the score to the doc isn't the greatest with the one exception, 'Till It Happens to You," which plays over the credits at the end. 

Matt Converse

Here's a review of the song, although she may be a bit biased:

"It's the greatest thing I've ever heard."  --Diane

Archived