💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry claims she did not pay for Super Bowl Halftime gig

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Katy Perry says that she did not pony up for the opportunity to headline a gig that is annually the world's most-watched concert, the Super Bowl halftime show. "I put my foot down very early in the courtship," she told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I said, 'Look guys, here's where I draw a line in the sand.' I want to be invited on my own merits and not with some fine print."

The pop singer went on to say that she remained adamant to her position during negotiations. "I don't even care if my contract leaks," she said. "I have nothing to hide, basically."

Perry, who said her performance would last 12 minutes and comprise two different "worlds," also described herself as the perfect halftime performer in the interview. "I'm all about female empowerment and uplifting people's spirits, and people finding their own voice with songs like 'Roar' and 'Firework,' so maybe there is no better person [for the show]," she said. "Hopefully I can bring that incredible strength and empowerment to people through the performance."

The Super Bowl will take place on February 1st at Glendale, Arizona's University of Phoenix Stadium.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/katy-perry-says-she-did-not-pay-super-bowl-halftime-20150114

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vernier

Of course, I'm sure the Superbowl were happy to have her play without paying because of what an esteemed live performer she is

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Jonna Lee

Duh it wasn't her, it was her label :hor:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

I don't think she payed, they just chose her biggest she is the biggest popstar in the planet right now and also the most appealing one along with taylor swift :yes:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

The delusion of her thinking she's the epitome of female empowerment and that no one can represent that better than her.

tumblr_m59lzqx0641qfcmy6o1_500.gif

Whatever, I'm glad that she's content with her work.

is this #potentialshade?

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

If this was Gaga you would all say "Glad she cleared that up in a mature way, the most selfless pop star around!"

Come off it like damn, this was a very nice response from Katy and I, for one, believe her.

Archived