💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

ionnalee / iamamiwhoami

squeala

Featured Posts

Tokyo Rose

WTF happened in this thread?  :awkney:  I can't with this site.

Anyway, the new interludes slayed my soul. still perched for Blue Tour news  :madge:

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interview for uMag

http://www.umagazine.de/artikel.php?ID=3070583&title=%26Uuml%3BBER+WASSER+HALTEN&artist=iamamiwhoami&topic=popkultur

google translation:

Umag: In a way, seems "Blue" to be a return to your origin. Lee : How does it feel, yeah. A good example of this is our song "Shadow Show": When we started recording the album, he presented a particular challenge He is the last song on the album, and we have written it before iamamiwhoami existed.. So he was basically the first song for the project, but we have long been satisfied with any of the recordings. Only in its present form it felt right to publish it. Umag: The "Blue Iceland" also stands for a new way of communicating with the audience. To what extent they have influenced the album? Lee : You are a part of us. The way how they interact with us and respond to our publications, our work enormously impressed. The new album revolves more than ever about this bond. The audience is the reason why we keep going. The contact with them is therefore very motivating for us. Umag: For more than five years, you work with the project and this fictional character. Plugged in "Blue" Jonna Lee in iamamiwhoami more than ever before? Lee : Yes, the distance has become smaller in any case. I have since 2008 concentrated on nothing else, and I'm certain extent grown into the project. I do not know how things would be today if I had not done that. I think that this binding is very tight in a positive way. We'll see how it goes, but at the moment it all feels very natural and right on. Umag: Are these two personalities not sometimes confusing? Have you yourself ever been in the dark about who you are now? Lee : In any case, this can be frustrating at times. I mean but rather in view of the fact that we do not know as a project who we are - me as an individual relates not really. I wonder if ever any man knows who he is ... Umag: Your music has changed a lot - it has become more accessible. Lee : I would agree that the music comes now more bluntly. This is continually challenge: enter unknown waters in which you feel strange and uncertain. We have no limits, but we found it quite difficult to record the songs in such a direct way. Nevertheless, I think we've always written pop songs, albeit still somewhat bulkier form. Umag: With "Blue" wanted to create their timeless songs. At the same time remind the electronic sounds that come with the album used a lot of the eighties as a decade of the synthesizer. Is not that a contradiction? Lee : We are happy to work with a--logue instruments, because we love the sound and more or less want to create a soundscape that makes the nature of electronics experience. With the sound of the eighties we grew up, so he naturally into our music flows with. That he at "Blue" now clearly comes to the fore as its predecessors, is probably because we wanted to record a particularly emotional, expressive album. So is it just come - it's hard to explain. Umag: You said earlier that water symbolizes the digital world for you. On the other hand, your lyrics are now much more personal than ever before. Even a supposed contradiction ... Lee : I consider myself as an artist in a distant world that is in dialogue with their listeners. I sing out from the perspective of the project, as it always is, the entire project is evolving. I'm not talking about my personal life, which I consider to be irrelevant in this context. It is important to me to create an image of the modern world in which we live. Umag: Is lost something when you hear the music without looking art films? Lee : I've thought about it. When we recorded the music, I was therefore always strived to capture the visuality in the sound so that it can stand on its own. That means: You listen and you are at the same time to see things, if you want to be able to. However, some people specifically interested in only one or the other thing. But that's okay, you can finally force anyone. I feel it already so that most people consider the work as a whole. If I want to deal with sound and looks similar to that already works in the form of the "Blue Iceland" simply the best. Umag: Is now exactly ausdefiniert who will participate in the project, or are you open to new people and elements? Lee : I prefer to go a day at a time, but I can say that we have already changed some things. This has certainly led to "Blue" has become so much more personal than its predecessors. We also have new people brought us into the boat, for example, a new costume designer. I've been trying to push things. Umag: The only certainty is that Claes and you're doing? Lee : Exactly. Currently iamamiwhoami is our life, and our label "To whom it may concern" takes a lot of time. Otherwise I can not currently imagine. How the project will look like in the future must be seen - but it is important to evolve constantly. Umag: Will we in Germany have a chance in the foreseeable future to experience "Blue" on stage? Lee : I would really love to do! We are still working, but I would say yes.

SEVDALIZA

Listening to BLUE in the bus on my way to school today was such an emotional experience :giveup: Specially with the rainy weather. It just felt right :cry:

operating from another world

HauntingHollow

I would love to see the Dive video but i cannot afford to buy Blue or anything and it is no where on the net, do you guys know where i could get it ? :air:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

squeala

I would love to see the Dive video but i cannot afford to buy Blue or anything and it is no where on the net, do you guys know where i could get it ? :air:

no sorry, twimc have said that if any exclusive content leaks the island will "dissolve itself"

for €8 you can stream the dive video (which is part of the BLUE film) and everything else, but no downloads

http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/products/iamamiwhoami-blue-island-visitors-pass

HauntingHollow

no sorry, twimc have said that if any exclusive content leaks the island will "dissolve itself"

for €8 you can stream the dive video (which is part of the BLUE film) and everything else, but no downloads

http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/products/iamamiwhoami-blue-island-visitors-pass

​thanks, maybe one day i will buy it :sis: and i was wondering, do you know any page or site or sumthing that where i could find the a--lysis/meaning of iam videos, especially bounty series ? Because i am trying to find sense in it all but i need help :lana:it is really complex 

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

squeala

​thanks, maybe one day i will buy it :sis: and i was wondering, do you know any page or site or sumthing that where i could find the a--lysis/meaning of iam videos, especially bounty series ? Because i am trying to find sense in it all but i need help :lana:it is really complex 

​http://iamamiwhoami.wikia.com

http://iamtheories.tumblr.com

to be honest the way i'm coming to understand iam more is by reading the lyrics (with the full island pass you get lyrics for all the albums) and watching the videos over and over :shrug:

squeala

​i forgot to mention, i posted all the lyrics in this thread. page 2 probably 

Vernier

I am currently being slayed by kin YrfEeGr.gif

Idk why I didn't listen to it sooner

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived