Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gwen Stefani f/ Pharrell - "Shine"

Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney Jean says hello :giggle:

Even 'Britney Jean' sounds a lot better to me compared to this, except for some songs, 'Work Bitch' was a nice bop, also 'Perfume' was nice and other songs like 'Passengers' :clausney:

I like Pharrell in general but it seriously seems that he gave her his worst songs and productions :rip:

I'm scared for Xtina comeback now, hope he gave her the best ones :rip:

Vernier

Mess. It was all going so well till the chorus :air: I really, really like the verses & hook :music:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Chromatislaps

Even 'Britney Jean' sounds a lot better to me compared to this, except for some songs, 'Work Bitch' was a nice bop, also 'Perfume' was nice and other songs like 'Passengers' :clausney:

I like Pharrell in general but it seriously seems that he gave her his worst songs and productions :rip:

I'm scared for Xtina comeback now, hope he gave her the best ones :rip:

33.jpg

It's like everyone who works with Pharrell is taking his specially groomed stair to irrelevance/floppyness... :emma:

yeah I gotta admit: Work Bitch, Passenger, Perfume & Alien were alright

Fiona Apple

Britney Jean says hello :giggle:

Don't ever say that again..Britneyjean is almost decent!

This :rip: I LOVED Baby Don't Lie, but Spark the Fire was one of the worst songs I have heard in a while. I didn't think it was possible for any recent song to be worse, but here we go :rip:

Exactly.. I didn't "LOVE" Baby don't lie.But I thought it was an ok single. Then spark the fire came out and I was like "what is this ****?!" "she will never make a worse song than this one".. and then this **** came out  :giveup:

33.jpg

It's like everyone who works with Pharrell is taking his specially groomed stair to irrelevance/floppyness... :emma:

yeah I gotta admit: Work Bitch, Passenger, Perfume & Alien were alright

Yes like it happened with RedOne or Timbaland back in the days, ecc.

I don't know if with Xtina he did more songs or only one, maybe it's only a bonus track, let's hope at this point... :emma:

Chromatislaps

Yes like it happened with RedOne or Timbaland back in the days, ecc.

I don't know if with Xtina he did more songs or only one, maybe it's only a bonus track, let's hope at this point... :emma:

if the pharrell material for Xtina is as tragic as the material for Gwen...then her next Lotus era is coming :air: 

blacklistedd

Don't ever say that again..Britneyjean is almost decent!

Not even! Britney Jean was/is so tepid. Had they turned the volume up a bit it still would've been a bland record. Proof of that being Work Bitch is the only standout when it was sort of a diluted Scream & Shout with the novelty of britney saying "b---h" with drag slang like werrrk mixed in to pander to the gay audience and it was sort of cute for a second but ultimately even for a club track the song was pretty bland. I think a lot of people, reviewers as well, try to give her the benefit of the doubt and at least appreciate production value which is why work b---h got some nods, but I mean eh.

By comparison, I feel like Gwen is being just as tepid right now. If anything at least the intent and energy behind Spark the Fire tried to spark a fire :giggle:

Fiona Apple

Not even! Britney Jean was/is so tepid. Had they turned the volume up a bit it still would've been a bland record. Proof of that being Work Bitch is the only standout when it was sort of a diluted Scream & Shout with the novelty of britney saying "b---h" with drag slang like werrrk mixed in to pander to the gay audience and it was sort of cute for a second but ultimately even for a club track the song was pretty bland. I think a lot of people, reviewers as well, try to give her the benefit of the doubt and at least appreciate production value which is why work b---h got some nods, but I mean eh.

By comparison, I feel like Gwen is being just as tepid right now. If anything at least the intent and energy behind Spark the Fire tried to spark a fire :giggle:

Wow you are wrong actually.. Britneyjean is obviously NOT a good album.But it is listenable..The melodies are fine,the lyrics are cool in some songs .It's not as bad as you make it look... Gwen's new tracks (without including Baby don't lie which is actually ok) are HORRIBLE. I feel ashamed every time I try to listen to them.. Both songs are WAY TOO repeptitive,stupid,meaningless and annoying. And actually I REALLY love Gwen's older music

blacklistedd

Wow you are wrong actually.. Britneyjean is obviously NOT a good album.But it is listenable..The melodies are fine,the lyrics are cool in some songs .It's not as bad as you make it look... Gwen's new tracks (without including Baby don't lie which is actually ok) are HORRIBLE. I feel ashamed every time I try to listen to them.. Both songs are WAY TOO repeptitive,stupid,meaningless and annoying. And actually I REALLY love Gwen's older music

That basically sums up Britney Jean. I don't even find it listenable, I think 90% of its content is not only just dumb and pointless but boring. Literally the only songs on there worth mentioning are Work Bitch, Passenger, and Perfume none of which are among  even her okay work. Theyre just eh.

I think Spark the Fire is garbage and I think Baby Don't Lie is bland garbage as well. Shine is nothing. Idk, I think so far this album is nothing but at the same time so was most of her last solo record. So its like whatever. And that last No Doubt album was so bland im kind of accustomed to it. Whereas with Britney this was literally the first record shes ever made where there was literally nothing to choose from. It was hands down her worst record and like I said, not even listenable. Tik Tik Boom? til Its Gone? Should Be Easy? Now That I Found You? Please shoot me in the head if i have to sit through any of those.

Fiona Apple

That basically sums up Britney Jean. I don't even find it listenable, I think 90% of its content is not only just dumb and pointless but boring. Literally the only songs on there worth mentioning are Work Bitch, Passenger, and Perfume none of which are among  even her okay work. Theyre just eh.

Alien is actually kinda good. Even the worst songs on this album are better than Gwen's new tracks.. Both Britney and Gwen dissapointed with their latest music.But Britney made a boring album with some decent songs. And Gwen made some rediculous songs. My opinion  :yes:

blacklistedd

Alien is actually kinda good. Even the worst songs on this album are better than Gwen's new tracks.. Both Britney and Gwen dissapointed with their latest music.But Britney made a boring album with some decent songs. And Gwen made some rediculous songs. My opinion  :yes:

No. Tik Tik Boom is as ugly and lame as anything Gwen is making right now if not even worse because its ugly and its bland. By comparison at least Spark the Fire tried harder to be a rager and sounds like Gwen even if its terrible. I really don't think theres decent songs on Britney Jean. I guess I must say "imo" to pretend to be humble. But you forget im not saying theres decent tracks from Gwens album so far either.

Alien is so ****ing boring, omg. I can't with the fan love for that song. AND its annoying to boot both with its repetitive chorus and her robotically auto tuned vocals. If anything I dont understand why Passenger isn't the sole fan favorite. Its not that great but that one I can say is at least decent. Perfume is almost okay but its kind of stupid and her vocals are as well. I loathe Work Bitch, but I mean I guess it has the west hollywood gay feel so I get its demographic.

thefamebitch

Pharrell is ****. This is absolutely terrible, same with Spark The Fire. I wonder if Gwen thinks to herself "is this REALLY the music I want to make a legitimate comeback with?"

Prismatic

What happened to the fierce and püssy popping Gwen who sung Hollaback Girl and the awesome Pharell who produced/created that song?!! I was so hype and excited for Gwen's comeback because I loved her (still do). She was my idol, my everything back in middle school. I would put her CD on blast and bop to it like there's no tomorrow. These new songs are weak compared to the epic songs she released 7 or 8 years ago.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived