Jump to content

Hundreds of cops turn their back on Mayor de Blasio at funeral


Redstreak

Featured Posts

Violent protesters are just protesting racism, that's okay. Nonviolent protesters are disrespectful ****s because they are police officers. This **** the police attitude is counter productive. It is making the tensions between the police and civilians in the actual crime infested areas more intense. Faulting every police officer for anything their members do, even when the judgements being passed are based on faulty or misguided opinions or when laws set in place by our government have not been broken is terribly misguided. By blaming police officers for all the problems of the law enforcement system you are making sure those problems will never be fixed and increasing likelihood of the violence you so vehemently abhor.

You can not hold police officers to a higher standard and then say they do not deserve respect when they achieve that standard. You can not say no police officer deserves respect because of the actions of the few. And you should not form opinions without all the necessary knowledge, which is the only thing anyone can ever seem to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Redstreak

Violent protesters are just protesting racism, that's okay. Nonviolent protesters are disrespectful ****s because they are police officers. This **** the police attitude is counter productive. It is making the tensions between the police and civilians in the actual crime infested areas more intense. Faulting every police officer for anything their members do, even when the judgements being passed are based on faulty or misguided opinions or when laws set in place by our government have not been broken is terribly misguided. By blaming police officers for all the problems of the law enforcement system you are making sure those problems will never be fixed and increasing likelihood of the violence you so vehemently abhor.

You can not hold police officers to a higher standard and then say they do not deserve respect when they achieve that standard. You can not say no police officer deserves respect because of the actions of the few. And you should not form opinions without all the necessary knowledge, which is the only thing anyone can ever seem to do.

I don't see anyone saying no officer deserves respect? Just that you can't demand respect and then not show it yourself. Officers are held to a higher standard for the fact that they are here to protect and serve, but there is no denying that as of late we have had too many cases of officers going above and beyond in using excessive force.

 

We had a cop recently fired for not being violent:

 

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ca-cop-fired-violence-resolve-situation/

 

We've even had cops getting fired for trying to STOP fellow cops from harming citizens when they were called to de-escalate:

 

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/fired-cop-says-she-tried-to-stop-another-from-choking-suspect

 

There is no denying that there are issues that need to be fixed, one ATRL user wrote in their thread:

 

 

NYPD is the worst yall really don't know, my mother has worked for NYPD over 20 years and she hates them all. The **** she tells me that goes down is so bizarre I'm not ready for it, it's nothing but racist white men and she woks at the headquarters in the city and basically all the black people there have been getting demoted and fired

 

And the article of a cop who use to work in the St. Louis police department:

 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/06/i-was-a-st-louis-cop-my-peers-were-racist-and-violent-and-theres-only-one-fix/

 

And the recent report the US Justice Department took on the Cleveland PD:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92_p_Q2QNAQ

 

No, not every cop is dirty, many are good, but these are glaring errors that are just too much to overlook and it's not surprising that tensions continue to get higher and higher.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know he's talking about the American cops specifically right? I disagree with the sentiment that most cops believe they're on top of the world, but it is true that most here can get away with a lot more than most people can. That's not their fault necessarily, it's just how the system is.

Thank you. I'm not THAT stupid,smh. I don't even know of other countries' cops,but I know for sure American cops are racist and prejudice. I know because my sister and one of her ex-boyfriends had to deal with it before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see anyone saying no officer deserves respect? Just that you can't demand respect and then not show it yourself. Officers are held to a higher standard for the fact that they are here to protect and serve, but there is no denying that as of late we have had too many cases of officers going above and beyond in using excessive force.

 

We had a cop recently fired for not being violent:

 

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ca-cop-fired-violence-resolve-situation/

 

We've even had cops getting fired for trying to STOP fellow cops from harming citizens when they were called to de-escalate:

 

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/fired-cop-says-she-tried-to-stop-another-from-choking-suspect

 

There is no denying that there are issues that need to be fixed, one ATRL user wrote in their thread:

 

 

And the article of a cop who use to work in the St. Louis police department:

 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/06/i-was-a-st-louis-cop-my-peers-were-racist-and-violent-and-theres-only-one-fix/

 

And the recent report the US Justice Department took on the Cleveland PD:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92_p_Q2QNAQ

 

No, not every cop is dirty, many are good, but these are glaring errors that are just too much to overlook and it's not surprising that tensions continue to get higher and higher.

There is someone in this very thread who said cops don't deserve respect because they are paid to do their job. I don't take the words of a random atrl member very seriously.

The problem is certainly the system. That's why blaming police officers in general does nothing to help, it only creates unneeded animosity and to be quite frank I view it as fear-mongering. It's one thing to pull up an example of police misconduct as evidence the system needs to change. It's another thing entirely to pull up an example of police misconduct as evidence that innocent people should run in fear if they see a police officer. That Reddit user has it right as far as I'm concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Redstreak

There is someone in this very thread who said cops don't deserve respect because they are paid to do their job. I don't take the words of a random atrl member very seriously.

The problem is certainly the system. That's why blaming police officers in general does nothing to help, it only creates unneeded animosity and to be quite frank I view it as fear-mongering. It's one thing to pull up an example of police misconduct as evidence the system needs to change. It's another thing entirely to pull up an example of police misconduct as evidence that innocent people should run in fear if they see a police officer. That Reddit user has it right as far as I'm concerned.

But these aren't just random one off examples, these are growing signs that the system itself is flawed and corrupt, that's much bigger than just one or two bad apples. I'm not saying it's right, but in the current climate I can't fully blame people for being weary.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

TheOriginalOne

My father is a cop and is by far no racist. He is the most loving person I ever met. He couldn't even hurt a fly.

Are you stupid , I most likely know more than you do and none of them is as you described
your posts... :air:
Link to post
Share on other sites

Di Blasio has said some harsh words against the NYPD - this is no suprise. "Bad cops" are the minority in the force, most serve their community well. The media has made both sides of the current events out to be monsters in their own regards. De Blasio should have never said what he did about his son - to put all the good men and women on the force out there like that instead of backing them up as a whole was wrong. Yes there are bad cops - but rember there are good cops, and when you show your city and the world you don't support the department as a whole you are incredibly direspectful and have indirectly furthered the problem and not the solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But these aren't just random one off examples, these are growing signs that the system itself is flawed and corrupt, that's much bigger than just one or two bad apples. I'm not saying it's right, but in the current climate I can't fully blame people for being weary.

The system is flawed, I agreed with you on that.

However, bad police officers are still a minority in the majority of the United States. Blaming the police officers in general will only cause them (and the millions of americans who have only had positive experiences with police officers) to resist change, even when many of them might agree otherwise.

Bad police officers simply have too little consequences for their actions. I also wonder if perhaps the experiences that police officers go through on a semi-daily basis might also contribute to anger/mood problems, but I really don't know much about the subject.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsTommyBitch

The system is flawed, I agreed with you on that.

However, bad police officers are still a minority in the majority of the United States. Blaming the police officers in general will only cause them (and the millions of americans who have only had positive experiences with police officers) to resist change, even when many of them might agree otherwise.

Bad police officers simply have too little consequences for their actions. I also wonder if perhaps the experiences that police officers go through on a semi-daily basis might also contribute to anger/mood problems, but I really don't know much about the subject.

This is mostly true but... :koons: Id posit that "bad police" are much more of a minority in respect to white people than they are for black people... thats the problem. Millions of Americans have had positive experience with police officers (I honestly wouldn't say "only" positive either... the most average person has disliked a cop for a speeding ticket or unnecessary degrading behavior/tone of voice, rudeness, etc etc. even if its just them doing their jobs I don't think a general disdain for cops is really a new thing or an uncommon one... nor is it one that is limited to black people and other minorities. I could be entirely wrong but everywhere in America ive been there's always been this sense of SOME level of hatred of cops for the aforementioned reasons :shrug:)

 

I think the second part I bolded has more of an impact than we realize too. Even the nicest most levelheaded cop might let their bad day REALLY get to them, the same way most all people do. What might be just subtle racism might escalate when someone is already angry, etc etc...

 

Anyway, in my opinion... in order for the good cops to not be seen as the bad cops, all they really have to do is continue to be good cops and maybe just maybe try to actively discourage their fellow cops from being those "bad cops" that people hate. I don't really see why that should be hard.

 

And if im going to be a bit blunt, the job of a police officer is one that is going to ruffle feathers, its become part of the job description in these modern times... the same way that the President's job is ALWAYS going to upset some people... I don't think that not feeling respected enough in this type of job description should be that big of a deal for veteran cops who are already used to being seen as the "bad guy" just for doing their job. Maybe im accusing them of not having tough enough skin, idk if that's right :air: I'm tired and thinking aloud.

 

(Not that they don't deserve respect  btw :laughga: )

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whispering

 Officers are held to a higher standard for the fact that they are here to protect and serve...

 

 

There is no denying that there are issues that need to be fixed, one ATRL user wrote in their thread:

 

NYPD is the worst yall really don't know, my mother has worked for NYPD over 20 years and she hates them all. The **** she tells me that goes down is so bizarre I'm not ready for it, it's nothing but racist white men and she woks at the headquarters in the city and basically all the black people there have been getting demoted and fired

 

 

 

 

 

The officers you referred to were attending a funeral service, they were not on duty. They weren't on the job at the time. They have the rights of all other U.S. citizens, to protest in a peaceful manner.

 

This user at ATRL is way off. 53% of the entire 34,526-member police force were white and 47% were members of minority groups. Of 22,199 officers on patrol, 53% (11,717) were black, Latino (of any race), or Asian or Asian-American, and 47% (10,482) were non-Hispanic white. Of 5,177 detectives, 57% (2,953) were white and 43% (2,224) were people of color.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

If only every police force were as fun as those in Police Academy films franchise.

police-academy-4-01-g.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

JaggedMonster

If only every police force were as fun as those in Police Academy films franchise.

police-academy-4-01-g.jpg

:messga:  I love this movie

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Shadow locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...