Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV: 23 Albums That Should've Went Platinum

inuborg

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Betty Who's Take Me When You Go is one of the best albums of 2014 , sad to see her getting no attention.

Fully agree! This album was pop perfection from start to finish  :legend:

aaronyoji

Yeah coz mainstream albums that failed to reach platinum don't deserve to. :smh:

they really dont. there was no above-decent mainstream release this year. the artists listed in the op are wat should be top 40, not the awful tripe thats celebrated now. 

Dangerous Man

they really dont. there was no above-decent mainstream release this year. the artists listed in the op are wat should be top 40, not the awful tripe thats celebrated now.

Lol thats your opinion. Idrc about hipsters....

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

aaronyoji

Lol thats your opinion. Idrc about hipsters....

it doesnt make me a hipster to care about the quality of music. there is infinitely more quality in whats created by these semi-underground artists than taylor, britney, rihanna, ed sheeran, maroon 5, meghan "dry as toast" trainor, bruno mars, all those annoying hacks. 

Dangerous Man

it doesnt make me a hipster to care about the quality of music. there is infinitely more quality in whats created by these semi-underground artists than taylor, britney, rihanna, ed sheeran, maroon 5, meghan "dry as toast" trainor, bruno mars, all those annoying hacks.

Lol, the fact that you call dem mainstream artists annoying make you more hipsters. :bye:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

blacklistedd

queen of the clouds isnt even good

i got into habits like over a year ago before they americanized it and i thought it was a smash. i was happily surprised that it actually made it over here. but then you listen to the rest of the album and its bland as ****, its just nothing.

theres dumb **** in both camps. just because something is BARELY below the radar mind you, and to be honest some of the artists listed arent even underground or whatever you're saying, doesnt mean they are quality by default. i mean i already expressed my opinion about tove los album above but fka twigs is pretty damn overrated by the pretentious crowd. i think shes cool visually and her songs can be pretty but at the same time her album when listening to it kind of just drags on. people are just attracted to the oddness of her face moreso than the content of what shes creating. they like her aesthetically. but god forbid someone call out that obvious truth, everyones so wrapped up in being non-mainstream when they're actually listening to mainstream **** thats just not on the radio. or just because something has like a minimal beat with a silky voice on top its quality because it doesnt sound like the edm or ibiza pop everyone wore out on the radio. the minimal rnb thing was cool and underground like 2 years ago, now its mainstream. idk, its stupid to argue about it but its just true, people are slow and then you have the late people that think theyre jumping onto something new and different when its already been around for awhile but then they gloat about it like theyre into the non-commercial when theyre just jumping onto the commercial before the even later people who are still just listening to the radio. and dont even get me started on people that think lana del rey is indie. its like right.

idk you have the radio mainstream and then you have the "alt" mainstream which is basically everything listed above. the barely even considered below the radar music thats palatable enough for the people that think they're too above the radio mainstream. either way, you're not really going against the grain. you're still sucking the tit of popular music.

Tommymonster44

I agree with this list. I don't know a few of them, but for the most part I already believed most of these albums were underrated.

And for the record, I love FKA Twig's album, and I recognize her as a pop star. I don't know why there's this assumption that her fans are pretentious hipsters that think they are cool because she's underground. I happen to enjoy her music because it is both mainstream and unique.

Archived