💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VH1 100 Greatest Women in Music

Jordanjm

Featured Posts

Express Yourself

I know i've already addressed this, but if you don't think M deserved #1. Watch this video which has parts of all her singles/music in order. See how she changed music. After watching the whole thing, tell me if you still think she doesn't deserve it.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RoadToLove

How am I being a typical madge stan? I'm just saying is to say someone doesn't deserve the number one spot just because you don't like them is ridiculous. Clearly the person who I responded to was willing to overlook Madonna's talents and body of work. Their opinion was purely biased and that's undeniable. Who the **** cares if BTW sounds like express yourself, who the **** cares if Madonna said reductive, BIG DEAL. But I will not allow people to discredit her work just because they don't like her. Finally, I don't care if that was your opinion, it was filled with ignorance. I don't like ignorance.

I was trying to stop you from making a fool of yourself. I'm not discrediting madge in anyway, she's a legend.

But for you to say and I quote

"Madonna is considered in the same league of elvis, Jimmy Hendrix and the beatles"

Now that's questionable, be careful.

You really didn't have to go to the lengths to dedicate a whole paragraph to me, ur just perpetuating the madge stan stereotype.

Express Yourself

I was trying to stop you from making a fool of yourself. I'm not discrediting madge in anyway, she's a legend.

But for you to say and I quote

"Madonna is considered in the same league of elvis, Jimmy Hendrix and the beatles"

Now that's questionable, be careful.

You really didn't have to go to the lengths to dedicate a whole paragraph to me, ur just perpetuating the madge stan stereotype.

I said what you quoted because...it's basically what millions have said before. She is the most successful solo female artist in history. So it's not very far fetched. Sorry if you didn't know that. :)

It is all just opinion, but I do laugh when postets act like that and rant over someone's opinion. It is embarrassing. Just lay down facts when they act like that. Madonna is a plagerist. Even her current single is headed to court. My opinion is she is the most influential women in music, but anyone acting like she is some untouchable talent that never ripped off other artists is delusional and these stans wars over Gaga "stealing" from Madonna all the funnier because of that.

Madonna biggest skill set lies in her ability to steal and still come out on top. No other artist has settled out of court more than her. Its part of her genius. No one really knows or cares she has that much influnce. Beyonce is the same, but they still both deserve their positions in terms of sheer influence.

I do think Britney should be in the top five though. She has never once reached a point where the media no longer cared. Also Xtina should not be so high. Other than that the top twenty are pretty dead on.

GodHatesFangs

Happy for Madonna, Mariah and Gaga. But overall bull**** list. Aguilera is bollocks, J Lo, Katy, Rihanna etc. charted too high.

Norah Jones and Winehouse too low. :fail:

Express Yourself

It is all just opinion, but I do laugh when postets act like that and rant over someone's opinion. It is embarrassing. Just lay down facts when they act like that. Madonna is a plagerist. Even her current single is headed to court. My opinion is she is the most influential women in music, but anyone acting like she is some untouchable talent that never ripped off other artists is delusional and these stans wars over Gaga "stealing" from Madonna all the funnier because of that.

Madonna biggest skill set lies in her ability to steal and still come out on top. No other artist has settled out of court more than her. Its part of her genius. No one really knows or cares she has that much influnce. Beyonce is the same, but they still both deserve their positions in terms of sheer influence.

I do think Britney should be in the top five though. She has never once reached a point where the media no longer cared. Also Xtina should not be so high. Other than that the top twenty are pretty dead on.

First and foremost i'd like to make the following points:

* Madonna has been sued. 9/10 the people suing her weren't successful.

* The people suing for her latest single are suing for the LUV part...even the maker of the song doesn't want to sue her. The record company does.

* Madonna has used other people's work before. With written permission of course.

* You sound really...crazy in your post.

Oh, honey. That's cute, but you need to do a bit more research luv. Not trying to upset you, but if you are going to rant over opinions I thought maybe some facts would be better suited to the conversation. Insulting my mental state won't change things for you, but don't jump on people for their opinions if you want to have a nice time here. Fact check or don't. I won't lose sleep over it. I am way too old to go back and forth with you on this further. Do and believe whatever makes you happy hun.

Express Yourself

Oh, honey. That's cute, but you need to do a bit more research luv. Not trying to upset you, but if you are going to rant over opinions I thought maybe some facts would be better suited to the conversation. Insulting my mental state won't change things for you, but don't jump on people for their opinions if you want to have a nice time here. Fact check or don't. I won't lose sleep over it. I am way too old to go back and forth with you on this further. Do and believe whatever makes you happy hun.

I have my physical Madonna CD's where she has credited other artists and given them writing credits. Those are my facts. Yours are from some random fanatic website. My sources are more reliable. Case Closed.

Complete rubbish that Adele after only one year of relevance is so high on the list, and that Aretha Franklin isnt even there.

Also Britney should have bee atleast top10.

Beyonce? Top 3?

Blasphemic.

The list is very biased.

MelbHawker

Cant believe people are bagging Xtina. Her voice guys is better than Adeles. Proof - watch her performance of Mans World at the Grammys. Oh my god.

Archived