💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Gaga Making A Mistake?

HANZ

Featured Posts

I don't think she's making a mistake, she's not having a massive blackout like before, she's still going on tour with Tony and she'll be doing promo I'd assume for the tour so she'll still be in the public eye. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway

It's not played on the radio what is so hard to understand about that

Radio is not the only way to get exposure... Cheek to cheek is actually moving albums, Ariana or Iggy are on the radio all the time yet C2C is steadily outselling their records each week. Plus by singing "real music" with a legend she gains respect

Im sorry if you are deluded enough to think she can share the same audience as Katy or Ariana, the ship sailed a while ago :air: thats not to say she cant have a successful pop era

ryhanna

Not every gap between an album is a "blackout," first of all. A blackout implies no media presence at all, totally gone from the scene. Which has only been the case after the BTWB and after Do What U Want. A break or a gap isn't the same as a blackout.

And let's not be dramatic about the gap between albums. It takes time to create something good. Gaga's not a machine, and I'd rather not see her churn out a half decent album every 12-18 months just to please the masses. 

Her biggest mistake would be trying to do things to make this fan base happy

Do you your own thing Gaga that way you sink or swim knowing you did the right thing by you

Once again, pointless and false. Just because the album sounds different it doesn't mean the promo is invisible to pop fans.

This thread is a mistake wrapped in a calamity.

Even if it's visible to pop fans, doesn't mean it adds value to them. What do pop fans want? Is the jazz promotion answering that question? I think you and I know the answer very well.

The mere existence of something not serving the right purpose is really … pointless. It's like a friend saying:" Let's do something!" Now we know they hope to do something interesting. But then I go on and tell them: "How about we bore each other?" That's technically doing something, just like the promo, but really we're not doing anything.

blacklistedd

It's not played on the radio what is so hard to understand about that

What makes you think it would be played on the radio? And why would Top 40 rotation be a gauge for its success? Its like one of those Starbucks albums essentially and for what it is its doing quite well. Its making more than Ariana surprisingly who is on the radio literally all day.

Psychedelic

It may be one of the factors, but I think there's more to Gaga's decline than just her blackouts!!!

Shes more successful than Christina. So I don't agree.

None of Gaga's album has sold what Xtina's first couple of albums sold, so that would probably be subjective  :shrug:

blacklistedd
None of Gaga's album has sold what Xtina's first couple of albums sold, so that would probably be subjective  :shrug:

From one contrary person to another, I think you're kind of annoying on this forum. You basically spend 80% of your time here going out of your way to defend any and every artist that isn't Gaga from any Gaga fan on here that dares to say shes better or more successful than said other person. We get it, you like other people and you make an obnoxious effort to combat the stereotype of the delusional gaga fan. Give it a rest at this point.

Now to respond to your reply, you can't really compare considering how drastically album sales have changed from 1999-2006 to when Gaga debuted in the digital age. Christina technically sold a lot of albums but none of her "eras" have matched the kind of Top 40 success of her debut. Stripped was hyped to the heavens because it was her sophomore effort and ultimately its only true success was the modern classic Beautiful. Back To Basics had significant hype but its singles failed to really penetrate the landscape of popular culture within its time period. And we all know how unsuccessful both Bionic and Lotus were. When I referred to Gaga as more successful its because within each era shes garnered Top 10 hits and public attention. ARTPOP is her only truly unsuccessful era, one would compare it to Bionic or Lotus, and even with its lack of success she still outsold Christina AND got a Top 4 hit with a very respectable amount of radio play. So in comparison to Christina, I do think Gaga is more successful. And just because I am a Gaga fan does not automatically mean im not being subjective.

Psychedelic

From one contrary person to another, I think you're kind of annoying on this forum. You basically spend 80% of your time here going out of your way to defend any and every artist that isn't Gaga from any Gaga fan on here that dares to say shes better or more successful than said other person. We get it, you like other people and you make an obnoxious effort to combat the stereotype of the delusional gaga fan. Give it a rest at this point.

Now to respond to your reply, you can't really compare considering how drastically album sales have changed from 1999-2006 to when Gaga debuted in the digital age. Christina technically sold a lot of albums but none of her "eras" have matched the kind of Top 40 success of her debut. Stripped was hyped to the heavens because it was her sophomore effort and ultimately its only true success was the modern classic Beautiful. Back To Basics had significant hype but its singles failed to really penetrate the landscape of popular culture within its time period. And we all know how unsuccessful both Bionic and Lotus were. When I referred to Gaga as more successful its because within each era shes garnered Top 10 hits and public attention. ARTPOP is her only truly unsuccessful era, one would compare it to Bionic or Lotus, and even with its lack of success she still outsold Christina AND got a Top 4 hit with a very respectable amount of radio play. So in comparison to Christina, I do think Gaga is more successful. And just because I am a Gaga fan does not automatically mean im not being subjective.

:fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:

I don't care about the rest you have to say to me... go eff yourself if you cant respect someone else's opinions!

blacklistedd

:fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:  :fthis:

I don't care about the rest you have to say to me... go eff yourself if you cant respect someone else's opinions!

I can respect other peoples opinions if I think they're respectable. You on the other hand make a very contrived effort to be the opposite of a delusional Gaga fan and end up spending the majority of your time here defending every other artist besides her. Its like I get what you're doing, but you do too much. You dont have to try so hard to defend every artist that isn't Lady Gaga on this forum.

And im sure you have nothing to reply to because you know im right anyway.

I agree :yes:

:omg: at Britney's and Katy's consistency

I hope she collaborates with the other pop hos so she could stay relevant. She needs to make her next era long. The BTW and ARTPOP eras Just lasted for about a year. :crossed:

Psychedelic

I can respect other peoples opinions if I think they're respectable. You on the other hand make a very contrived effort to be the opposite of a delusional Gaga fan and end up spending the majority of your time here defending every other artist besides her. Its like I get what you're doing, but you do too much. You dont have to try so hard to defend every artist that isn't Lady Gaga on this forum.

And im sure you have nothing to reply to because you know im right anyway.

Keep talking b---h... I'm this IMPORTANT  to you... I know!!!

tumblr_lkwx5emgsv1qzazz9o1_500.gif

blacklistedd

Keep talking b---h... I'm this IMPORTANT  to you... I know!!!

tumblr_lkwx5emgsv1qzazz9o1_500.gif

Oh god. Continue on basic.

Archived