Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lily Allen Blasts X Factor 'Music Industry Corruption'

Stef

Featured Posts

Lily Allen wouldn't be Lily Allen if she kept her opinions to herself - and she was on vintage form last night as she watched the X Factor semi-final.

Surprised by Fleur East's selection of a song which has only had a digital release so far, the Sheezus singer took to Twitter to talk about "music industry corruption".

The 29-year-old was surprised to hear Fleur singing Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk - a Bruno Mars collab which we recently told you had hit the web in audio form.

She wrote: "Is this even out yet? #XFactor ... Well done to @sony for managing to get a not yet released song of theirs sung on prime time weekend telly. #uptownfunk #shazam #airplay

"It is an amazing song and Fleur did it justice but it's still a great example of music industry corruption. #uptown funk"

The song was made available as a digital download on 10 November, but will be on Ronson's forthcoming Uptown Special album - which is due for release next year.

When a Twitter user accused Lily of being "bitter", she responded: "How so when I'm giving props to all the artists involved?"

fleurlilyw.jpg?itok=IIp2Ozdm

LILY :SMH:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

Fleur done it more than justice. She KILLED it. 

She's not talking about that tbh...

monsterdreams

I understand but still, it's ok. It's giving the song exposure too.

And fleur slayed the whole UK tbh

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

NewYorkCity

What's she even talking about if the song came out last month and I've even heard it played on the radio?

that's what I don't get...

I remember when You and I got performed on the American X Factor or Idol or something before we even had a studio version :toofunny:

Archived