💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LISTEN: Jennifer Lawrence - The Hanging Tree (Radio Edit)

yxi

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

I honestly loved this moment in the movie but it's so awkward this is becoming a song that people are actually listening to. Jennifer's voice is nice, but she's no professional singer. It's so strange how this is becoming like "Cups (When I'm Gone)" from Pitch Perfect

Anna Kendrick is actually someone who has a background in singing.

LMAO WHAT THE **** IS THIS. They literally ruined something that was meant to be so special and heart felt. There's no message in this at all 

Rat Boy

LMAO WHAT THE **** IS THIS. They literally ruined something that was meant to be so special and heart felt. There's no message in this at all 

Imagine if they replaced this audio with the official audio during the film :dead:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

marcwaffles

Imagine if they replaced this audio with the official audio during the film :dead:

MOCKINGrave: The Hunger Games Ball Tour

Rat Boy

MOCKINGrave: The Hunger Games Ball Tour

Get your dancing shoes and volunteer to slay the dance floor y'all

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

LoveandMagic

:music: 

I love this song + the movie.

Ditto. And I could have sworn I heard Lana singing the credits! Must have this soundtrack!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Paper Gangsta

Ditto. And I could have sworn I heard Lana singing the credits! Must have this soundtrack!

Lorde is singing credits

LoveandMagic

Lorde is singing credits

Thanks for the correction! She sounded amazing!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

One Five Ten

Anna Kendrick is actually someone who has a background in singing.

I might not have been clear enough in my post but I meant that "Cups" was appropriate for a song to become a hit virally because Anna has a more trained voice (not to mention it was featured in a musically-themed film, whereas here THG is definitely not) so it's unusual.

Paper Gangsta

I might not have been clear enough in my post but I meant that "Cups" was appropriate for a song to become a hit virally because Anna has a more trained voice (not to mention it was featured in a musically-themed film, whereas here THG is definitely not) so it's unusual.

So just because Anna has more trained voice people should like her song more?

Thanks for the correction! She sounded amazing!

is this song you refered to? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdILZ_1P74

One Five Ten

So just because Anna has more trained voice people should like her song more?

Aside from that actually making sense from a logical standpoint (:toofunny:), all I'm saying is that I'm surprised The Hanging Tree is seeing the same kind of success some songs from movies do (Cups being a quick example). Let's face it, Jennifer's song is no "My Heart Will Go On" or anything of the sort. It was meant to be a moment in the book and film that solidifies the rebellion between the districts using a haunting song. I find it out of context when heard outside of the film, when many songs from movies can be separated from the subject matter and that's why they're hits. 

Paper Gangsta

Aside from that actually making sense from a logical standpoint ( :toofunny:), all I'm saying is that I'm surprised The Hanging Tree is seeing the same kind of success some songs from movies do (Cups being a quick example). Let's face it, Jennifer's song is no "My Heart Will Go On" or anything of the sort. It was meant to be a moment in the book and film that solidifies the rebellion between the districts using a haunting song. I find it out of context when heard outside of the film, when many songs from movies can be separated from the subject matter and that's why they're hits. 

No it's actually not logical. Song can be better even if vocalist isn't more trained.For example some Katy Perry songs are better than Bad Kids and similar songs althouh Gaga is better vocally. 

And The Hunging Tree evokes memories of the movie each time people hear it and since everyone love the movie they are geting the atmosphere again

Archived