Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" certified 2x Platinum in the US

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

Keep sayng to yourself that selling out is ok and you may believe it one day.

How did Nicki sell out though? She's been rapping and doing pop since her debut. If you wanna bring up mixtape Nicki, I will be the first one to say that Pink Friday ****s on her mixtape days quality wise. :coffee:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

I hope it will never pass Applause.. And I don't think it will lol

No way, It is already almost out of the top 150, it will reach around 1,7M in the US till it's out of the 1000 and this if it maintains some longevity (which I doubt).

That in my personal opinion, songs like the one I posted deserve more attention than Anaconda. It's not a matter of what the rap/pop audience is looking for whatsoever, it's a matter of opinion

A s-xy woman expressing her s-xuality deserves attention too O.o

Anyway, I have no problem with Anaconda being successful, it's a beautiful heartfelt song and that's all that matters

VforVendetta

How did Nicki sell out though? She's been rapping and doing pop since her debut. If you wanna bring up mixtape Nicki, I will be the first one to say that Pink Friday ****s on her mixtape days quality wise. :coffee:

I never said that making Pop has anything to do with that.

ANd don;t even dare to say that when songs like Anacoda, Stupid Hoe, Starships and all that sh!t exist, don;t insult my inteligence and don't insult yours as well.

I will not have an opinion about if she was always a sell out or if she sold herself out later and I don't but I know what I see and what I listen. Let's not...

swine killer

Iconic worldwide feminist bop :cry:

Let's hope the album does as well

Yes shaming skinny girls, feed the patriarchy with misogyny in the video and singing about what guys want :ohwell:

Cody Draco

I just want one reason that someone would ever call this song at least ok. One siingle reson. The lyrics, the video, the composition? Something. Cuase I can give you 20 reasons that I'm ashamed of it.

The verses and the sample are great. Nobody could pull it off besides Nicki. It's not basic at all and nobody was expecting it. There are 5 reasons right there. soufoda.gif

VforVendetta

The verses and the sample are great. Nobody could pull it off besides Nicki. It's not basic at all and nobody was expecting it. There are 5 reasons right there. soufoda.gif

Nobody could pull off what? RIdiculous lyrics and imagery that burns the eras? Wait, I know many today Pop stars with these qualities. Indeed though, Nicki takes the crown.

Cody Draco

I never said that making Pop has anything to do with that.

ANd don;t even dare to say that when songs like Anacoda, Stupid Hoe, Starships and all that sh!t exist, don;t insult my inteligence and don't insult yours as well.

I will not have an opinion about if she was always a sell out or if she sold herself out later and I don't but I know what I see and what I listen. Let's not...

If she's always done what she's doing now (since her rise to fame with Pink Friday), she isn't a sell out in my opinion.

VforVendetta

If she's always done what she's doing now (since her rise to fame with Pink Friday), she isn't a sell out in my opinion.

Is she not? Selling out has to do with the sucrifices of fame though. Cause I feel that if you search the word sellout in an encyclopedia they will have her picture next to the term and next to her will be Miley Cyrus.

Archived