💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Since when loving ARTPOP became delusion in here?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Whispering

If you've read them, why make another one?

For the same reason we have the threads about the "mistakes" in the ARTPOP era or with the album. For the same reason we get a "Is Gaga Healthy" thread every time she is photographed in an outfit or at an angle that isn't particularly flattering. For the same reason we get a weekly "What I miss about the old Gaga" thread.

Need more? Because there are more examples I could give you! :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interlude

I've seen a lot of people tear down ARTPOP only to say Born This Way is her best work yet I remember during the Born This Way era a lot of people complained about it and said the same.  :manicure:

But yeah, it's not delusional to like a certain album over another. We're all entitled to our opinion.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Didymus

For the same reason we have the threads about the "mistakes" in the ARTPOP era or with the album. For the same reason we get a "Is Gaga Healthy" thread every time she is photographed in an outfit or at an angle that isn't particularly flattering. For the same reason we get a weekly "What I miss about the old Gaga" thread.

Need more? Because there are more examples I could give you! :)

If you read further, you'd see that I was already convinced :nick:

I still think there's a difference, but whatevs.

Whispering

Because the people on this site think that commercial success equates to good music. If ARTPOP was as commercially success as TFM, you would see how loved it would be.

Anyway ARTPOP is Gaga's best album musically and visually  :kissga:

:yes:  :applause:

MonsterOfSpain

People are forever bashing ARTPOP and when someone praises it, they rush to call people delusional. Very close minded are people who say such.

Apparently, it isn't up for debate. TFM IS Gaga's best album and ARTPOP her worst. That's how some people see it and if you disagree you are delusional so they say.

Exactly.

#JusticeForARTPOP

Whispering

If you read further, you'd see that I was already convinced :nick:

I still think there's a difference, but whatevs.

There isn't. Fans bring up the exact same subject every week for months and so we have backlash threads. The cycle is never-ending.  

I think this mess results from hardcore stans not being able to comprehend that people don't like ARTPOP and vice versa

These threads are futile tbh

YeehawKylie

People assume those who think ARTPOP is her best album think that way because "Gaga can do no wrong". No, it's that we appreciate this specific album and era, despite its mismanagement. We don't just blindly like the album because it's Gaga. I feel like people act like we're supposed to "admit" that the album wasn't as strong as her predecesors. I feel like Lady Gaga has continually built upon her previous albums. That's what makes ARTPOP so great. It's my favorite album of hers. Deal with it. :ohwell:

djBuffoon

People assume those who think ARTPOP is her best album think that way because "Gaga can do no wrong". No, it's that we appreciate this specific album and era, despite its mismanagement. We don't just blindly like the album because it's Gaga. I feel like people act like we're supposed to "admit" that the album wasn't as strong as her predecesors. I feel like Lady Gaga has continually built upon her previous albums. That's what makes ARTPOP so great. It's my favorite album of hers. Deal with it. :ohwell:

Same. :yes: No Gaga album is perfect, and I think this fan base is as objective as any other when it comes to honestly dissecting the work as we see it.

giskardsb

What's interesting to me is the people who don't like ARTPOP that are also trying to deflect "blame" from Gaga by blaming interscope, or her team, and finding other ways to basically claim that Gaga wasn't responsible for making an album they don't like.

Gaga wrote these songs. Sometimes artists make thjngs you don't like. There is no need to invent theories to exonerate her. If interscope was in control half the album at least would have been different and more commercially friendly. Aura, JnD,MANiCURE, MJH, ARTPOP, Dope, all argue against some peoples theories that ARTPOP was watered down to be commercial.

If you don't like it fine. Accept it and move on and listen to what you do like. If you do like it, then great, enjoy.

Every Gaga album for me has moments of brilliance and clunkers. You can't expect every song to be brilliant. I have plenty of classic rock albums where one or two songs are great and the rest is meh. Expecting every song to match your own definition of brilliant is setting up for disappointment.

LaLuna

It is very irritating and disrespectful to imply that one's opinion is superior because they don't like a certain album.

If you don't like ARTPOP, fine. No one is forcing you to. But it should end there. Don't shame others for finding merit in a work that you did not connect to. It makes you look ignorant, as opposed to knowledgeable.

:applause:

Paper Gangsta

What's interesting to me is the people who don't like ARTPOP that are also trying to deflect "blame" from Gaga by blaming interscope, or her team, and finding other ways to basically claim that Gaga wasn't responsible for making an album they don't like.

Gaga wrote these songs. Sometimes artists make thjngs you don't like. There is no need to invent theories to exonerate her. If interscope was in control half the album at least would have been different and more commercially friendly. Aura, JnD,MANiCURE, MJH, ARTPOP, Dope, all argue against some peoples theories that ARTPOP was watered down to be commercial.

If you don't like it fine. Accept it and move on and listen to what you do like. If you do like it, then great, enjoy.

Every Gaga album for me has moments of brilliance and clunkers. You can't expect every song to be brilliant. I have plenty of classic rock albums where one or two songs are great and the rest is meh. Expecting every song to match your own definition of brilliant is setting up for disappointment.

Actually Dope was made because Label wanted IWBWY be more relatable, Gaga spoke about that allready.

I agree with the rest and ARTPOP is my fave album although I do think there were some hidden gems cut from the album

VforVendetta

Agreed with both.

Actually Dope was made because Label wanted IWBWY be more relatable, Gaga spoke about that allready.

I agree with the rest and ARTPOP is my fave album although I do think there were some hidden gems cut from the album

You remember it somewhat wrong though. The label asked for Gaga to make a ballad (since balleds were big and they are also rewlatable) and so Gaga made Dope as an irony, cause Dope is not a relatable everyday ballad. 

Paper Gangsta

Agreed with both.

You remember it somewhat wrong though. The label asked for Gaga to make a ballad (since balleds were big and they are also rewlatable) and so Gaga made Dope as an irony, cause Dope is not a relatable everyday ballad.

U sure? I remember she said that was reason why she changed it from IWBWY to Dope

Archived