💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was "pre-BTW Gaga" a product that we all fell in love with?

Neptune

Featured Posts

I'm agree that the things made during TFM were done better, and they still are the more iconic, I think it's a matter also of collaborators like stylist Formichetti and great directors like Akerlund or Lawrence, and also it's not easy doing something new after all the things that she has done. 

This is why I hope that in the next era she will let others directing her videos because the difference with the videos directed by her and the ones by professional directors is really huge to do an example.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, i like her much more, or she was much more interessting to me, when she was a "product". I mean, she had such an amazing team and everything she did during TFM was like out of this world, and i never was a huge fan of any other pop girls before. 

Everything was on top, i hope she can get a good team behind her again, and please let other people do some things for her. I know she wants to be in controll of everything, but imho that doesn't work, i don't like any of her MV that much, even G.U.Y. is to me nothing special, it could be done by any other female pop star also. But TFM/Alejandor/Telephone are just on a whole different level.

Whatever she was during TF/TFM/BTW I love it MILES more than what she is now. She WAS in control during those eras, to a certain point. Now she's just making a mess out of herself. Everything about her was fascinating back then, now it's just ok. If she fully took control of her career then I don't support her taking control over everything. Now it looks like she's TRYING to be like she was but just.. failing at it. As if it was a lower version of herself.

That's how I see it.

You're lying to yourself.

How can I be lying to myself if I was not a fan of pre-BTW Gaga? :sweat: I started being a fan when I saw the MTN video sooo STFU

How can I be lying to myself if I was not a fan of pre-BTW Gaga? :sweat: I started being a fan when I saw the MTN video sooo STFU

I was joking :hug:

Pure Adrenaline

I don't like this idea but when she started speaking about how she was controlled by others I caught myself thinking if we even know her as well as we think. How much does she even cherish her earlier records, especially now when she has suddenly refound her interest in jazz music. I love her no matter what but it's a disturbing thought. 

I felt excatly the same at some point .... like TFM some Of TF there are really tracks that I love there I mean Lovegame was the song that I discovered Gaga and Bad Romance was the song that made me her fan and the Telephone video was the thing that made me support her and when she says things how she doesn't like some of her early things or videos etc. it really botters me cuz that were the things that made me like her and if she doesn't like them like wtf I only liked her and started following her for something she doesn't support and cherish anymore. It's weird and hit the nerves when she makes those kind of statements but idk ARTPOP is my fave album from her and she seems to really love it despite everyone's opinion so I'm okay with that :shrug:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

CookieHWilson

For me she was the only product I enjoyed if you want to put it that way.

Other pop products seem to plastic to me. I do not stan for any other pop girls.

She was a product but still had a tiny inkling of imperfection and intrigue.

I like the more free indie feeling in music ingeneral. I find myself loving her more and more as the years go on.

So I guess I am just the opposite of you.

Bring on the 'downfall' and her being in control. I like the end result.

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Battle 4 Ur Life

I have to agree with everything you said. Everybody who was in for highbrow Lady Gaga, including me, has experienced some disappointment lately...

"Pop music will never be lowbrow"

Gaga, Lady.

grreat.gif

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

giskardsb

, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

Don't Agree with that. To me The Fame especially felt like a plastic over glossy product. I prefer the rawer and less polished work.

IMO TF era Gaga certainly was a well designed and executed persona, done by Gaga herself as much as anyone. It worked too well, she's been trying to break free ever since but many fans don't want her too. Witness all the threads lately nostalgic for early Gaga. People need to let it go.

FameHookah

She is a mess now

And her work-looks-wigs-Tour looks so amateur that it hurts

But i still love her no matter what, even when she is a mess she is 1029192 times better than the basics

WTF is MDNA

Well at the end of the day the choice is up to Gaga so you can continue complaining here for the rest of her career or you can leave :smh:

lavenderblondee

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

I feel this way exactly. I think the professional pushes she got with her creativity and vision were perfect. Now her entire team seems to consist of her friends, therefore, she isn't getting the best.

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

/thread.

The more control she has the worse everything becomes.

Archived