💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

its the byproduct of a watered down masterpiece, so not quite. it has the unfulfilled potential of a masterpiece tho. 

preach

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some great tracks on there but they're surrounded by too many naff songs. I personally think the album is her least impressive. :shrug:

Born This Way remains her magnum opus followed closely by The Fame Monster.

No.

Pretty much every song is a good song, but there's not enough amazing songs that fit cohesively together to make it a masterpiece album.

GagaDragon

No, it's not even close to being a masterpiece. It's easily her worst album and a complete mess from a musical standpoint. None of the songs stand out like they did on her previous albums and don't get me started on some of the trash served up on it. Anyone claiming it is a masterpiece are those delusional people that are convinced that everyone disliked it because of what the media said about it, not because it was simply a bad album.

ARTPOPsical0312

no. i like it but it is far from being a masterpiece. i was disappointed by applause and the rest of the album is ok but there's nothing i absolutely love except for Gypsy

Absolutely not:

Aura: Nope, due to the neutered vocals on the verses and the limp chorus

Venus:  No matter how good it sounds, the lyrics are moronic

G.U.Y.: The chorus is lethargic

Sexxx Dreams: It's sonically fine but boring

Jewels N Drugs: Nintendo Gamecube Bowser Castle castle realness. Tryhard, uninteresting nonsense. Garbage.

MANiCURE: Cute but basic. Stupid concept.

DWUW: Ill-conceived duet but sonically good.

ARTPOP: Strong album track. Never necessary to perform it as a means of promotion. Tonight Show performance a wasted opportunity.

Swine: Ruined by stupid EDM buildup before the chorus. It wasn't that epic, sis...

Donatella: Whatever

Fashion!: At least it seemed joyful

Mary Jane Holland: Dated and unnecessary. Didn't serve any purpose other than the counteract the message of the next song which was:

Dope: A nice enough song that would have rung true had it not been preceded by MJH.]

Gypsy: The obvious sequel to TEOG which wasn't quite as effective.

Applause: The puzzling first single choice which surprisingly did okay despite being not the least bit relatable.

AlphaMonster

Aura 

Venus

Sexxx Dreams (because of its choreography)

Do What U Want

ARTPOP

Gypsy

those are... rest is just fillers for me... 

Archived