Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift removes all of her music from spotify

Cersei

Featured Posts

Very good, hope more artists follow suit.

Buy your CDs.

Agree with your points.

Not a fan of her, but she did a good move doing that in my opinion and I hope that Gaga and other artists that I care will do the same.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RabbitHeart

question: is there confirmation that this was Taylor's personal choice? because if not, I think it's terrible that people are blaming Taylor and using this as a personality flaw of hers if it could very well have been her record label's decision.

zexion_armando

She should take her songs off the radio too, since I don't pay to listen to them spam Shake It Off all day like it was dying.

disneyhigh

But it's not greedy to think that we as the consumer should just get the results of everyone's hard work for free?  :confused:

uhm I pay 5 dollars a month for spotify(college discount) and if they want me to pay more, I'd gladly will but I don't like buying albums anymore unless i'm highly invested in an artist or I really like an album. If 1989 is good like everyone says it is, I'd be more than happy to buy it but I like streaming before making an official buy because albums just arent worth it anymore these days. The ;last album I bought was Beyonce because I genuinely enjoyed her new music and it came with so many videos. Why am I buying 1989 again? other than from the hype alone

Redstreak

uhm I pay 5 dollars a month for spotify(college discount) and if they want me to pay more, I'd gladly will but I don't like buying albums anymore unless i'm highly invested in an artist or I really like an album. If 1989 is good like everyone says it is, I'd be more than happy to buy it but I like streaming before making an official buy because albums just arent worth it anymore these days. The ;last album I bought was Beyonce because I genuinely enjoyed her new music and it came with so many videos. Why am I buying 1989 again? other than from the hype alone

you may pay but many don't, which begs the question if you won't buy the album why should you think you're entitled to stream the album for free as if you did own it? It's the mindset that's literally going to kill the entertainment industry.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

disneyhigh

you may pay but many don't, which begs the question if you won't buy the album why should you think you're entitled to stream the album for free as if you did own it? It's the mindset that's literally going to kill the entertainment industry.

did you read what i just said? we are not listening to albums for free. Spotify regular has ads and I use premium so i pay 10 bucks a month. well, 5 because of my college discount. I would gladly pay more but spotify doesnt require it so i don't. Anyways if i really thought i was entitled to listen to 1989 for free, I would go to my favorite torrent site right now and I download it but I'm not because I simply dont care. If Ms. Swift would have made her album available on spotify,(at least for premium users that actually pay for the service) I may have listened and really enjoyed it and who knows, maybe even buy it but since T swift wants to be greedy then she loses me as a potential buyer and most importantly as a fan. However her sales prove she doesnt need us poor fans who cant afford to buy albums so blindly anymore but as I said before, I still think its a low blow/ greedy move from her or her label.

thats all  :yes:

Redstreak

did you read what i just said? we are not listening to albums for free. Spotify regular has ads and I use premium so i pay 10 bucks a month. well, 5 because of my college discount. I would gladly pay more but spotify doesnt require it so i don't. Anyways if i really thought i was entitled to listen to 1989 for free, I would go to my favorite torrent site right now and I download it but I'm not because I simply dont care. If Ms. Swift would have made her album available on spotify,(at least for premium users that actually pay for the service) I may have listened and really enjoyed it and who knows, maybe even buy it but since T swift wants to be greedy then she loses me as a potential buyer and most importantly as a fan. However her sales prove she doesnt need us poor fans who cant afford to buy albums so blindly anymore but as I said before, I still think its a low blow/ greedy move from her or her label.

thats all  :yes:

did you read what I said? Majority of spotify user do not pay. Nada, nothing, zilch. If a person can stream it whenever they want, wherever they want, more than likely they're not gonna buy it, hence why album and single sales are lowest they've ever been. Music is still a business, if you don't think a label is going to try and maximize that at the end of the day I don't know what to tell you.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived