💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP (album) 1st year Anniversary coming close! Your summary?

Phoenix

Featured Posts

Phoenix

tumblr_muccniWuUN1qm9i60o1_400.gif

It's almost a year since ARTPOP came out and it brought us all the good and unfortunately the bad too. When you look back, what do you remember the most? What were you most excited for? What dissapointed you the most? After almost a year can you make a top 5 list of songs from it, your favorite songs? Favorite "mini-era" in the whole era, and maybe your favorite look or performance? Try to describe it as much as possible.

I must say that this whole era was a roller-coaster for me, and I believe for many of you too. But I'll try to remember only the good parts of it. Many songs from it really amazed me and fashion was pretty much fantastic in this era. It may not be my #1 Gaga album, BTW is holding strong on that position, but it's not #4 for sure! My fave songs are : Venus, Applause, G.U.Y., DWUW and Swine probably. But it's a hard decision. The biggest dissapointment was probably the DWUW video (ofc), but like I said I won't brag about it, I think we all had enough of that drama. I only wish this era was a bit longer, when it comes to music, singles. I think we need more visuals from it, like music videos or TV performances. But still those performances she gave are worth the applause. I also like the idea of the album and I wish there was more "place" for it in the eyes of the audience. Anyways this is an era, and an album, I probably will never forget, and many things that happened in this era were really, interesting.

💎

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino

It could've been one of her biggest and most successful eras. The music was great but the rest was disappointing. The visual weren't that impressive, the concept itself wasn't as promising as Gaga made it sound like. At times, she'd make you feel like ARTPOP is the most important thing to her, yet her actions prove the opposite. She let go of the entire project because of bad management, with only three singles and a cancelled video. She got a new management and none of that changed.

FREE PALESTINE

I remember how full of hope I was filled right at the announcement. The era turned out to be messy, the quality lacking, the album is good but gaga's weakest effort. And the messy cover, which I thought was cute at first but It's her worse album cover too.

My favorite performances would be DWUW on The Voice with Xtina, the AMAs were great too.  G.U.Y. had the best video. Applause had a cute promo list that I enjoyed stalking gaga on twitter trying to know everything she's been doing. 

1. Venus

2. Mary Jane Holland

3. G.U.Y.

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Aura/Donatella 

EDIT: Overall her fashion was quite messy this era. The applause video outfits alone :wtf:

My 5 fav sings from ARTPOP are:

ARTPOP

Applause

Venus

Gyspy

DWUW

Favorite Mini era was applause 

:nick:

Oh where do I begin.......One of my favorite things to come out of this era was the performances :legend:. I loved them all, especially when she sang ARTPOP on Jimmy Fallon, The iTunes festival and The Jingle Bell Ball :nick: . I remember when she revealed the album cover and I was blown away :nooo: , truly amazing. Honestly I can't choose between the Applause video or the G.U.Y Film, both are amazing. My favorite mini-era would have to be the Applause era.

Now, I love every song on ARTPOP, even JND, but my favorites would have to be Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, DWUW, MJH, Swine, Gypsy and Applause and I can't really break them down into 5 :ohwell:  . I wish she would had saved this era for after she had worked out everything in her life but it is what it is, we got some amazing music and I can't wait for the next Pop album.... :music:

Paper Gangsta

Best Gaga album ever, with the messiest era ever

When you look back, what do you remember the most? ARTPOP announcement with first promo photo, Aura Leak, Applause release, iTunes Fest, Venus release

What were you most excited for? ARTPOP after first promo photo, Applause & Venus

What dissapointed you the most? Venus being switched with DWUW 

After almost a year can you make a top 5 list of songs from it, your favorite songs? Applause, ARTPOP, Venus, Aura, Swine, Mary Jane Holland

Favorite "mini-era" in the whole era, and maybe your favorite look or performance? Applause era

Robotboy

i love most of the songs on this album and the few videos and performances we got slays.

im sad that gagas vision for this project did not work out at all but it all happens for a reason and she learned alot.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

I love all songs except Swine, but my favs are:

1. Venus

2. Mary Jane Holland

3. Sexxx Dreams

4. Dope

5. Jewels n' Drugs

I must say I loved the album before joining GGD and I still do. Yeah, we all know the era was messy and Gaga is sad about it, but this era made me realize that I just want to hug her

I also think she had amazing performances (as usual) and I loved her fashion a lot

holy scheisse

it was chaos. and nothing like any of her other eras which is kind of sad but still interesting

the Aura leak was amazing. it got me so pumped for the album, but now illustrates how she tried to cater to the pop audience

the highlight of the era was Swinefest tbh, before the album even dropped. it was amazing, i listened to those songs for days, and swine was flawless... again, changed by the time the album came out.

SXSW was shocking and I thought she had done it all in the shock department. mostly because of her attitude, since weve all seen her getting thrown up in that interlude. i think gagas rollercoaster of attitudes and personae is  a characteristic of this era. it was all very weird to watch.

GUY had an excellent video and message, and ultimately shed some light to fans on whats been going on behind the scenes--although its annoying that gaga feels the need to justify her failures. she used to be more fearless, but then again i suppose she wasn't failing.

overall I'd rate it as her worst era, for me personally. but i love her nonetheless and I have obsessed over each and every song at one point over the past year, even if i'm uninterested in the album as of lately. the music is great but i dont know if its as impacting as born this way or the fame monster.

somehow i feel as though the entire album was for gaga to get better, the music videos were about her personal struggles with health and management, and all of the music was about her own life, as lady gaga. i think ARTPOP helped to heal her.

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

It brought us her best song with Do What U Want (probably would have been her best video), and a very interesting and unexpected era. I'm glad it happened as it did though, because it seemed to cleanse Gaga and make her truly realize what matters and why she's in the industry.

I would still love to see and hear all the leftovers we didn't get to enjoy, but that's for another time and place. For now, we should jsut appreciate the best album released in 2013, and an album, movement and mindset that is closer to Gaga's heart than anything else.

My least favorite era and not exactly my favorite album either, although there were some great performances and moments over the last year that I'm so thankful for. It was by far the messiest era but the funniest too, and I have to thank ha for the fab gifs and giggles she gave us this era

200.gif

Archived