Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Irrelevant rapper Awkwafina tries to drag Taylor Swift

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

ryhanna

But isn't the idea of the song that it's about a person moving to New York? She's not trying to "claim it," or use it for her image… The song is about her own experiences moving to one of the biggest and romanticised cities in the world. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Planes

Everyone comes in here trying to drag me for calling Awkwafina 'irrelevant' yet half of the responses in the thread are calling her a "he" or "who." :rip: The evidence speaks for itself.

delete it fat

Jesse Pinkman

It's a song about being welcomed to new york. She's rich and just recently moved there, she's not going to have any experience of rundown Brooklyn nights or misadventures in the Bronx. When I visited I only stayed in Manhattan so to me the song fits from what I experienced. Honestly it really fits the attitude of a wide-eyed newcomer ready to make it big.

This. Even though I stayed in Brooklyn

but I did spend a lot of time in Manhattan lol.

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman

But it comes across as naive to someone who actually like lives in New York.

Think about shallow Swift's song seems in compared to a song like Marry The Night

Lol that last line was a quote from one of her songs

I think you're right too. Its so interesting how New York can have so many different viewpoints depending on multiple different aspects. Taylor was a wealthy young woman looking for a fresh start. Her experience isn't going be the same as a kid born in raised in the streets of NYC.

You guys both have points, but you have to take in Taylor's point of view when listening to the song. On the same note, it can definitely be misleading to the average person who's looking to move there because they aren't going to have the same experience as Taylor whatsoever.

Welcome to New York is the equivalent to how Sex and the City shows New York.

If you think your experience is actually going to be that glamorous when you first move there, you have a hard road ahead of you. :rip:

It's science, bitch

Archived