šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

TheOriginalOne

The arena alone (ocean on both sides and no metal) is already enough for me to say Katara wins.

tumblr_inline_n6xg060VwQ1qkztg5.jpg

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

The arena alone (ocean on both sides and no metal) is already enough for me to say Katara wins.

Yes but ocean is down while they stand on earth.

Ā 

Also Kuvira has her Armor/weapons.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I still don't know tbh.

TheOriginalOne

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I still don't know tbh.

I still don't see Kuvira winning, especially since TLAB kids were op as hell.

I'm leaning towards Kuvira for some reason because her fighting style seems to be the kind that Toph has even though it doesn't show that well in the show since its pretty fast paste. What I mean is Kuvira tends to be more of a counter fighter manipulate her surroundings to her advantage and you see her do it often vs Korra the first time they fought vs Suyin etc like a master earthbender she waits then strikes which I believe to be a bit problem matic for Katara sure they may be surrounded by oceans BUT as staded the ocean is down meaning Katara will need to focus more to get to the water and need to be able to avoid Kuvira's quick attack yes for an earthbender she is pretty fast. Waterbenders like Katara have the reflexes to strike back as well but since the way Kuvira seems to fight I feel like taking her side on this one.

No. :fan:

Hmmmmmm...! I was actually hoping for that.. Ah well.Ā  :blehclausney:Ā 

Ā 

The next battle is here and I feel that it's an unstable one...

Ā 

Battle #9

Ā 

On the left side of the ring we have:

Ā 

Katara

Ā 

553603_katara_by_lady_n_gentleman-d7xwfn

Ā 

Waterbender

Waterbending Master

Healer

Bloodbender (not allowed)

Kind

decisive and uses imagination

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vs

Ā 

On the right side of the ring:

Ā 

Kuvira

Ā 

kuvira.png

Ā 

Dictator of the Earth Nation

Earthbender

Metalbender

Trained Soldier

Great Leader

Manipulative

Decisive

Ruthless to some extend

Ā 

an arena full of water, earth and difficult paths. Kuvira can use the metal in her uniform since there is no metal on the environment.

I feel like Kuvira's more at an advantage here. So, will Katara have her "water-sack" with her, since Kuvira gets her metal uniform?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I still don't know tbh.

Valid.....:giveup:

I still don't see Kuvira winning, especially since TLAB kids were op as hell.

This too though. I mean, Katara might just be able to bend Kuvira's spit or something, make her choke, and jump for the water.

Tidal wave, anyone? :toofunny:

Overall, I feel as if Katara's the more creative fighter.

First:Ā She's a waterbending master: she can use this to bend water, ice,Ā mud, mist etc. Katara's also quite creative, using her sweat, bloodbending (not allowed), and would probably use all that she can to bend against her opponent.

Second:She's a healer: she can heal her wounds using learned techniques.Ā 

Alright. I'm going with Kuvira on this one. Ā Here's why:

- Both characters will be standing on rock. I'm assuming near the summit of the path (?). No water, not much action.

- Katara won't be able to do any of those wonderful things listed above, if she's got no water.Ā 
Ā (I mean, even if she jumped into the water, as a desperate attempt, well, she'd probably be struck down by Kuvira's metal, or would have to wait, to even heal from her injuries.)

- Katara's a masterbender, Kuvira's got more of a combat background.Ā 
Ā (In this situation, Kuvira easily overpowers Katara, no matter how brilliant our waterbender master is, a punch in the face, is a punch in the face, you're still unconscious.)Ā 

I mean, the only way Katara might have a chance is to actually bend Kuvira's spit, their sweat, or something. To strike at the opportune moment. I guess I'll also throw in the chance of Kuvira getting cocky, that'll allow Katara an opening, somehow, but besides from that, the battle seems to be more in Kuvira's favor.

So, although Katara's more flexible and adaptable in general, in this situation, Kuvira's most flexible, with the field advantage, and her metal, as an added, constriction-based weapon against our beloved Katara. :(

Idk though, someone persuade me. This is only just my input.Ā  :blehga:Ā 
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

I agree with Lyric. Kuvira will probably be cocky in the beginning and that will cost her the victory imo. Katara will go full op (look at the battle with Azula) and try to knock her out.

I believe that Katara's water bending is stronger than Kuvira's bending. All the characters from TLOK seem weaker than the ones from ATLA. :shrug:

VforVendetta

I feel that a main reason Katara will proveilmos because the arena gives her an advantage. They may be sitting in earth but If Katara falls in the water she will have no problem. If Kuvira falls in the water, especially with her metal armor then it's over.

I feel that a main reason Katara will proveilmos because the arena gives her an advantage. They may be sitting in earth but If Katara falls in the water she will have no problem. If Kuvira falls in the water, especially with her metal armor then it's over.

How near are both of them to the water?

VforVendetta
How near are both of them to the water?
They are very close to it. If you notice the patn is very narrow.

I'm going with Kuvira on this one. She is completely ruthless - she could use her metal from her armour as projectiles to throw Katara off completely by covering her eyes and binding her limbs. I feel like Kuvira would be able to tell that Katara relies entirely on her waterbending skill in battle (whereas we have seen Kuvira make use of many different kinds of metal weapons, through metalbending of course, but still displaying a skill in weaponry that Katara doesn't have), so she would immediately make sure to bring her down before she could attack.

Ā 

Not to mention the huge amount of earth there is in the arena - not to say that Katara is at a disadvantage in this sense, but I think Kuvira would prevent her from taking any action with the surrounding body of water.

Ā 

KuviraĀ  :legend:

They are very close to it. If you notice the patn is very narrow.

I see. Although, the path is quite elevated from the water..Katara's gonna have to evade Kuvira's attacks, before she can get a solid offense. Is her water pouch with her?

I'm going with Kuvira on this one. She is completely ruthless - she could use her metal from her armour as projectiles to throw Katara off completely by covering her eyes and binding her limbs. I feel like Kuvira would be able to tell that Katara relies entirely on her waterbending skill in battle (whereas we have seen Kuvira make use of many different kinds of metal weapons, through metalbending of course, but still displaying a skill in weaponry that Katara doesn't have), so she would immediately make sure to bring her down before she could attack.

Ā 

Not to mention the huge amount of earth there is in the arena - not to say that Katara is at a disadvantage in this sense, but I think Kuvira would prevent her from taking any action with the surrounding body of water.

Ā 

KuviraĀ  :legend:

:golfclap:

VforVendetta

I see. Although, the path is quite elevated from the water..Katara's gonna have to evade Kuvira's attacks, before she can get a solid offense. Is her water pouch with her?

:golfclap:

Good question. Since Kuvira has her armour I'm gonna say yes. Let me add it to the OP.

Archived