💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Til It Happens To You on iTunes now!

Arturo

Predict Gaga's next album first week sales  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Predict Gaga's next album first week sales

• Less than 50,000
    • 50,000 - 100,000
    • 100,000 - 250,000
    • 250,000 - 500,000
    • 500,000 - 750,000
    • 750,000 - 1 million+

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

monketsharona

SHe doesn;t need o pay a lot of money for a vthe video. A simple video could work for Gypsy. Rolling in the Deep is a very cheap video and look how well it works.

I agree BUT the video won't make it a success without performances and radio deal. And this happens when the label sent it to radios... I really feel like Interscope gave up ARTPOP after what happened to DWUW... I really think Gypsy has a huge potential to be a hit (The GP must love it), but not without a strong promo... And I'm not sure Interscope wants more promo for ARTPOP...

But Gaga might re-release Gypsy as a brand new version on next album, many artists do this... 

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHe doesn't need to pay a lot of money for a vthe video. A simple video could work for Gypsy. Rolling in the Deep is a very cheap video and look how well it works.

But it's Gaga we're talking about. Simple and low budget doesn't work with Gaga like how it does with Adele or Sam Smith. Look at the TEoG vid.. Gaga needs a high budget video with incredible fashion, metaphors, editing and spectacle to please her fans (and herself).

And I'm sure Gaga will pay for the video anyways, so it'll probably be extremely high budget even if it would likely flop extremely hard :toofunga: as long as she doesn't overspend on the video but also thinks about promotion I'm fine though :manicure: a commercial can do wonders, and so can promotion.

For Gaga's next album she should mostly seek KIA-like deals. These are the best possible promo tbh!

GagaMyBlood95

iTunes UK: #25(+1) + #99

Amazon UK: #24(+87) + #65(+167)

Amazon UK MP3: #93 + #117

Good, people are actually buying the album..

ViviLittleM

I agree BUT the video won't make it a success without performances and radio deal. And this happens when the label sent it to radios... I really feel like Interscope gave up ARTPOP after what happened to DWUW... I really think Gypsy has a huge potential to be a hit (The GP must love it), but not without a strong promo... And I'm not sure Interscope wants more promo for ARTPOP...

But Gaga might re-release Gypsy as a brand new version on next album, many artists do this... 

Yes example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PctD-8y0FRg

I love britney so much

tumblr_mj04mm2fQ81s7o5oio1_500.jpg

Yes example:

I love britney so much

tumblr_mj04mm2fQ81s7o5oio1_500.jpg

Her makeup in this picture is terrible :giveup: didn't she have some concealer or foundation?

./offtopic

Gypsy would probably flop, but it's a nice present for the fans.

And will Paradise be released on iTunes or just on Tumblr or SoundCloud?

VforVendetta

But it's Gaga we're talking about. Simple and low budget doesn't work with Gaga like how it does with Adele or Sam Smith. Look at the TEoG vid.. Gaga needs a high budget video with incredible fashion, metaphors, editing and spectacle to please her fans (and herself).

And I'm sure Gaga will pay for the video anyways, so it'll probably be extremely high budget even if it would likely flop extremely hard :toofunga: as long as she doesn't overspend on the video but also thinks about promotion I'm fine though :manicure: a commercial can do wonders, and so can promotion.

For Gaga's next album she should mostly seek KIA-like deals. These are the best possible promo tbh!

Just Dance/PokerFace/LoveGame/Beautiful,Dirty,Rich are lowbudget videos and all of them except JD are amazing imo. And TEOG wasn't just lowbudget, it was last moment as well. Gypsy is not a dance video, Gaga can play her piano and add some theme and she can make it work. Gaga always draws attention on her piano.

If Gaga decides to pull Gypsy through her label won't abandon her, especially if they see potential to the song.

Dean Winchester

I really don't think GUY underperforming has anything to do with interscope.  It has to do with the fact that gaga had no marketing company behind her brand during that time.  It was literally gaga, bobby and the haus left to do the marketing and promo for the single.  But now she has Live Nation which means they would take care of the promotion and marketing.  Interscope doesn't really have a huge role in the marketing aspect, they're more about distributing the music and the music itself...the marketing was always Atom Factory's job and now it's Live Nation's.  I think Gypsy still has huge potential to be a big hit tbh.  I doubt what happened with GUY, would happen again with Gypsy.  

I really don't think GUY underperforming has anything to do with interscope.  It has to do with the fact that gaga had no marketing company behind her brand during that time.  It was literally gaga, bobby and the haus left to do the marketing and promo for the single.  But now she has Live Nation which means they would take care of the promotion and marketing.  Interscope doesn't really have a huge role in the marketing aspect, they're more about distributing the music and the music itself...the marketing was always Atom Factory's job and now it's Live Nation's.  I think Gypsy still has huge potential to be a big hit tbh.  I doubt what happened with GUY, would happen again with Gypsy.  

Or perhaps the fact that it was completely unrelatable, dated and not catchy? Even with all the radio support in the world it wouldn't have done better than Birthday.

VforVendetta

Or perhaps the fact that it was completely unrelatable, dated and not catchy? Even with all the radio support in the world it wouldn't have done better than Birthday.

I agree. This fanbase needs to accept already the fact that GUY wasn't a good single. It's ridiculous how inferior GUY is to ARTPOP, Venus and even MANiCURE in the ARTPOP film. The song didn't have  promo at all but it's obvious that noone was here for it, the song has many views on YT and a performance + there was hype around the release because of the video. MTN eventhought it got a lot of promo it has sold 700K in the US and 200K in the UK and it never got nearly as many YT views + it was a 5th single, not a 3rd one. GUY could have done a lot better but it would have still flopped hard. They really messed up the ARTPOP Era. I would have prefered to keep Venus as a second single with the risk of flopping but have an iconic single and keep the Era going as planne rather than the DWUW/GUY mess. Two mediocore songs that were chosen for the sake of success and they failed to that as well.

VforVendetta

By adding the numbers of the certifications we have, the other numbers we know and some estimations we have Applause is now around 2,65M in the US, 350-380k in the UK, 200k+ in Canada and 4,1M WW.

Americano

DWUW isn't mediocre. It's one of the best songs on the album, and every time it got promoted it flew up the charts. It just had no video to sustain it. Applause also deserved better. It had no promo outside US/Japan which is a real shame. Such potential lost. Applause had amazing call-out scores on radio too.. 

GUY was a bad choice.

Americano

MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams, Applause, DWUW, Gypsy all had hit potential.

ARTPOP was truly lost through mismanagement. It should've well outperformed Prism era or Bangerz. 

If it had been like DWUW -> Gypsy -> Applause etc etc or something along those lines, it would've been mega-successful. Even just proper promo. Whoever sabotaged it did a good job, because she made some huge hits on that album that just never had the chance.

Gypsy Life

Why didn't they spam the Beats commercial with DWUW like every other song used after it like this:

3 Hozier - Take Me to Church 0.6296 0.6171 0.6041 0.5878 0.5685 0.5383 0.5201 0.5166 0.4948 0.3562 0.3434 0.2646 0.2588 0.2306 0.2277

It was sabotaged  :redface:

Americano

Why didn't they spam the Beats commercial with DWUW like every other song used after it like this:

3 Hozier - Take Me to Church 0.6296 0.6171 0.6041 0.5878 0.5685 0.5383 0.5201 0.5166 0.4948 0.3562 0.3434 0.2646 0.2588 0.2306 0.2277

It was sabotaged  :redface:

yup

• Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived