💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Aretha Franklin performs "Rolling in the Deep" on Late Show!

Voltaire

Featured Posts

Voltaire

At least put Cissy on the other side of the line up once you realize she's bombing during rehersal.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

F*ck Aretha's still got it. So awesome! I absolutely adore her. Her voice is still amazing/natural. Get 'em QUEEN! 

She looks fab as well. 

MelbHawker

I actually find it disgusting people are criticising her look. I think she looks amazing. She's a woman. A confident one. She can wear a gown, she's owning it.

Vernier

Maybe she had stage fright :rip: I kinda feel bad, because she's old :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Voltaire

Maybe she had stage fright :rip: I kinda feel bad, because she's old :smh:

But she's been singing back up for decades! I feel bad for her too. I hope she isn't still driving.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

NewYorkCity

Aretha's voice is amazing, as we cann see at the end... but the RITD cover is a MESS. 

The backup singer is just... :toofloppy: Poor woman, after a long carreer... :noparty:

Hauser

GOODBYE to all of you people here dissing THE Aretha Franklin my god :wtf: Her performance was great period. Sure it is not the same as it used to be but that happens when you are a performer belting out notes in your 70's. Im not too sure what in the world was going through Ms Cissy Houston's head at the time this was happening but bless her for still being up on that stage entertaining us :toofunny: 

SKANK

F*ck Aretha's still got it. So awesome! I absolutely adore her. Her voice is still amazing/natural. Get 'em QUEEN! 

She looks fab as well. 

I actually find it disgusting people are criticising her look. I think she looks amazing. She's a woman. A confident one. She can wear a gown, she's owning it.

I agree. The replies in this thread are really disappointing. People here seem to think being pitch perfect is the only way to be a good vocalist, and the only way to be beautiful is to be stick thin. This is a great performance by the most respected soul singer of all time, who happens to look like she does her makeup with pool cue chalk and has Big Edie arms…things that should only add camp factor to an already wonderful number. 

Ugh, remember when us fags were the arbiters of good taste? 

Chromatislaps

GOODBYE to all of you people here dissing THE Aretha Franklin my god :wtf: Her performance was great period. Sure it is not the same as it used to be but that happens when you are a performer belting out notes in your 70's. Im not too sure what in the world was going through Ms Cissy Houston's head at the time this was happening but bless her for still being up on that stage entertaining us :toofunny:

bless your post :legend:

codymonster

I don't agree with people dissing her appearance, but vocal wise, I don't think its out of the question to say that it was messy as ****. Aretha is a queen, a legend, and an amazing talent. But that performance was not good overall imo :sweat:

Archived