Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Forbes: Is Cheek to Cheek anything more than a stunt?

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

Willy Wonka

It's not even that negative, it praises and criticizes the album. Typical GGD mind set though, unless it's complete praise then the writer is clearly "pressed" :rip:

Like how some went in for Tony in that other thread just because he said he steered her in the right direction, even though he clearly meant as in making jazz and not to discredit her previous work. People just look for the negatives :toofunny:

Exactly. It's that kind of cult like mentality that makes me uncomfortable.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

They're quite truthful, though. You're bashing them now, but you'll be praising them when they put Gaga #1 on the Celebrity 100.

They praised him when he called out critics for being biased when reviewing ARTPOP.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmessitte/2013/12/23/ARTPOP-goes-the-weasel-a-second-glimpse-into-the-deflation-of-a-superstar/

Whispering

It's sad that almost all of you just write this off because it's negative.

I'm writing it of because of several foolish and rather ignorant statements. I don't agree with this article.

I don't understand the point of making threads out of negative articles. Don't give them the attention imo. Let's focus on that #1! :party:

my thought exactly.... :excited2:  :oops:  :party:

I'm over the Gaga hate. 

I'm over anyone that even participates in the Gaga hate.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Willy Wonka

I'm writing it of because of several foolish and rather ignorant statements. I don't agree with this article.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean that someone is wrong or foolish or ignorant or should be dismissed.

He seems anything but ignorant. Certainly more educated in the field than anyone on this forum.

He's absolutely right about Tony though. That kind of phenomena can be seen in other fields as well. Look at Betty White. Yes, she's had some great parts, but she's never anything groundbreaking or truly deserving of legend status. She's revered as a legend now though simply due to her age and her continued career.

I'm over anyone that even participates in the Gaga hate.

I'm over anyone who categorizes this as hate.

rivingtonrebels

Writing this off because of this quote alone:

"All due respect to Bennett, but he’s never been a great. He was just lucky enough to outlive all the true greats of his era.â€

No respect at all actually...wow

Whispering

Just because you disagree doesn't mean that someone is wrong or foolish or ignorant or should be dismissed.

He seems anything but ignorant. Certainly more educated in the field than anyone on this forum.

He's absolutely right about Tony though. That kind of phenomena can be seen in other fields as well. Look at Betty White. Yes, she's had some great parts, but she's never anything groundbreaking or truly deserving of legend status. She's revered as a legend now though simply due to her age and her continued career.

Just because you agree doesn't mean something is right or brilliant.

Some of his statements were ignorant. He's "more educated", so his OPINION on music, which is subjective, must be right? I will remember that next time you disagree with a review of one of your faves or disagree with a good review of Gaga's...because you know that will happen soon enough in the future. ;)  

He's absolutely wrong and my original comment in this thread explains just a small part of why he is wrong.

In the end, you have your opinion on this article and I have mine. You are free to think this is a brilliant review, and I am free to think it is ridiculous and rather ignorant overall.

I'm over anyone who categorizes this as hate.

Nope, he's wrong about Tony.  Tony has been one of the great jazz phrasers for decades.  People who weren't around in that era just don't know that.  He really was Frank Sinatra's favorite singer.  A month ago I saw Tony live in concert in Binghamton, NY, and his jazz interpretation, sensibility, and phrasing was remarkable.

Many reviews are disingenuous because the critics are just playing to what the public wants to hear rather than being unbiased and honest.  Not giving an artist the true credit deserved is hate in my book.  Their real skill is pretending to be knowledgeable.

I live outside the space time continuum.

elijahfan

I hate it when the media are over-paranoid. Like... Can't you just enjoy something for what it is, without overthinking everything? :toofunny: Just enjoy the music and shut up ffs

Willy Wonka

Many reviews are disingenuous because the critics are just playing to what the public wants to hear rather than being unbiased and honest.  Not giving an artist the true credit deserved is hate in my book.  Their real skill is pretending to be knowledgeable.

Sounds like you're paraphrasing the same critic's article about ARTPOP...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmessitte/2013/12/23/ARTPOP-goes-the-weasel-a-second-glimpse-into-the-deflation-of-a-superstar/

Archived