Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will Gaga meltdown due to C2C's critic reviews?

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

The UK gave her loads of positive reviews :whitney:

#JustSayin

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Why would she care? :duck:

If an album has 20 reviews and 15 are positive and 5 negative, but all the negative and only like 5 out of the 15 positive ones count, does it somehow mean the critics reviews were "bad" :madge:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Tokyo Rose

Billboard is just being messy, they are a messy company. Remember that guy who works at billboard that started an ATRL account and was always tweeting about the pop girls and the stan wars? They are messy

LilVenusian

C2C received the first mixed review from Billboard since Kevin Federline's album

iht8oBn6YNdHJ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQSsrvsszcs

She should just dismiss the non-jazz-critics imo ... And by the way, I own my own website too and I can write a review too ... Doesn't make me a critic, it makes me a person with an opinion #JustSayin ... 

migamiga

The billboard review said nothing but positive things though... :flop:

I know! Which is why I'm utterly confused as to why they gave it a 3/5 stars. If they made some negative criticism I would understand but to say all positives and then give it such a mediocre score makes them look like p*ssies

I think publicity in general is a very destructive thing, for any artist… It always is a problem. Because even if it’s good, the extent to which you get all this attention is an extra thing for you to take account of. You start thinking about your work as an outsider  you start being aware of… what other people think of you. And you become self-conscious… It’s taking your attention away from your own business.  - Susan Sontag

After my first listen to Cheek To Cheek I knew it wasn't going to get the rave reviews people here thought it would. The postive reviews that it is getting are mostly based on Tony's good name. Like Annie Lennox's new collection of standards Cheek To Cheek has a cheesyness about it, it's for old folks. Tony and Gaga didn't reinvent the wheel with Cheek To Cheek, they didn't exactly breath new life into the songs. But that isn't stopping me from enjoying it. I could listen to her sing about Eli Whitney's cotton gin all day long.

I hope she doesn't have a meltdown, and I wish she would stop contributing to the narrative that ARTPOP was a flop. I just hope she  puts her head down and keeps creating art.

giskardsb

Gaga won't melt down nearly as much as LM"s are.

You all put too much stock in Metacritic selected reviews.   There are overwhelming positive reviews all over, and even 3/5 is not horrid.  Quit worrying about using Metacritic numbers to justify yourselves on ATRL.

CookieHWilson

Just shows their bias against her.

Everyone, new drinking game! Take a shot anytime a review mentions ARTPOP not doing well or that Gaga isn't as popular anymore! :roll:

My liver down the stairs

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Archived