Is JazzGa just a phase?

Golden Gangsta

103 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

miss anthropy

Realistically speaking, I think a lot will depend on the critical, and more importantly, commercial reception of C2C.

If C2C goes Platinum and garners multiple Grammy nominations, then for sure there will be future jazz "phases."

If C2C's sales are anemic (i.e. it flops), then I don't think we'll be seeing much more of JazzGa. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that, once she realises how hurtful her jazz album is towards the majority of her own fanbase, she'll swiftly jump back to her pop roots and make that her sole focus. I mean, the poll already suggests that half of GGD is not here for a Jazz-centric Gaga. She needs her fans to survive :ohwell:

The scalding exposée! True little monsters spread love and compassion, not negativity! :monsterpaw:

Yes, releasing the occasional jazz album is extremely hurtful to her fan base :lmao:

And no, I don't think it's a phase. I think it's something that she enjoys doing and will continue to every now and then - probably not every year, but every few years maybe.

Also, I don't mean to be rude but the fans complaining about a side project are just going to have to get over it and stop whining tbh :shrug: she'll make more pop albums so idk why also releasing some jazz has got some people so wound up.

I'd say yes because i hope & i expect her to return to pop music. She may make occasional jazz songs again in the future though. 

Golden Gangsta

She's been doing it for a long time already. I don't believe she'll do an album of jazz a year, but it's not a phase.

Really? I don't ever recall Jazz being a part of her image.  :shrug:

Also, I don't mean to be rude but the fans complaining about a side project are just going to have to get over it and stop whining tbh :shrug: she'll make more pop albums so idk why also releasing some jazz has got some people so wound up.

Stop dismissing it as simply a "side project". It's not. This is who "Lady Gaga" is now.

I hope so

idhvKpQ3uOViC.gif

I suspect RockGa will make an appearance in the future, she is versatile and doesn't need to conform to one genre.

GOSH I CAN'T WAT FOR THAT DAY

nigplz.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Whispering

Really? I don't ever recall Jazz being a part of her image.  :shrug:

Stop dismissing it as simply a "side project". It's not. This is who "Lady Gaga" is now.

Of course it was.

C2C is a side project, but that's not dismissing it.  This is not going to be the direction she goes in from here on out in her career. Gaga has already stated that.

Her solo releases with Interscope are not going to be songs from The American Songbook, so you are wrong.

Golden Gangsta

Of course it was.

C2C is a side project, but that's not dismissing it.  This is not going to be the direction she goes in from here on out in her career. Gaga has already stated that.

Her solo releases with Interscope are not going to be songs from The American Songbook, so you are wrong.

So you agree that it's just a phase.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear.

i9ZXxr9kZFzh6.gif

Whispering

Nope, I don't agree.

C2C is a side project. It's a genre of music that Gaga has always loved and incorporated into her music from time to time.

...or as I stated in my first comment in this thread:

"It's a side project and Gaga loves it. I imagine it will pop up from time to time throughout her career. She isn't leaving Pop music, so there is no "returning to Pop" involved."

Cody Draco

i9ZXxr9kZFzh6.gif

Flawless use of a flawless gif of a flawless woman. #NewYorkForPresident2016

ny-tittyshake.gif

JazzGa is not a phase, there will be more jazz records

the only think that worry me is if it will be more Pop eras

I'm happy for Gaga, but my person is not happy, i like Pop music the most

Archived