💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Kylie Jenner Believes She's The Next Katy Perry

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This actually makes me really excited because I always felt she had the pop star look and appeal. She will be extremely marketable. Excited to hear if she's any good.

Scoring two #1 hits from the same album these days is already rare. Even the biggest A-listers in the industry are having a hard time achieving it, from Beyonce to Justin Timberlake and even Rihanna. And contrary to popular belief, becoming the "next" Katy Perry isn't an easy task, even if they got the help of the star producers like Dr. Luke and Max Martin. Just ask Kesha or even the pop icon herself, Britney Spears. Katy Perry's the only modern female pop star who has scored at least one #1 single on the Billboard HOT 100 from all of her major studio albums. The last time the world has seen such chart domination was back in the 1990s with Mariah Carey.

To say it's so easy-peasy and simple topping the HOT 100, not just once but 9 times, is just laughable. There are only six female artists in history who have topped the HOT 100 at least 9 times. Only her and Rihanna are the ones who came around during the 2000s. And 8 out of those 9 KP #1 hits occurred this decade. If it's so easy, like others would like to convince themselves, then why they're the only ones who keep on topping the world's most important chart? Belittling such achievement of this decade's most successful female pop star is just another way of sour-graping.      

Belittling such achievement of this decade's most successful female pop star is just another way of sour-graping.      

I wouldnt call her the most successful female pop star of this decade.

There's more to success than getting #1 singles tho. Album sales, tours, recognition etc. Katys other parts of her career isn't quite the fairy tale that her mainstream #1 singles are (yet, altho I'm aware Prismatic Would Tour will still gross a lot) but she's hardly leaving any impact in the industry. I think the fact that she still has not won a Grammy shows how critics and the industry really sees her.

Both Rihanna and Gaga are leaving their print in the fashion industry as well for example (an industry thats come to have close ties to the modern pop industry) as Rihanna received the Iconic Fashion Award and Gaga, well, using fashion as a tool in everything she does.

Katy is not breaking any grounds, her image and songs are easy to digest and her team is working hard for her to have a mass appeal and her live vocals are mediocre, I think that's where all the harmless shades lies in this thread. No one is belittling her 9 #1's.

Prismatic

I wouldnt call her the most successful female pop star of this decade.

There's more to success than getting #1 singles tho. Album sales, tours, recognition etc. Katys other parts of her career isn't quite the fairy tale that her mainstream #1 singles are (yet, altho I'm aware Prismatic Would Tour will still gross a lot) but she's hardly leaving any impact in the industry. I think the fact that she still has not won a Grammy shows how critics and the industry really sees her.

Both Rihanna and Gaga are leaving their print in the fashion industry as well for example (an industry thats come to have close ties to the modern pop industry) as Rihanna received the Iconic Fashion Award and Gaga, well, using fashion as a tool in everything she does.

Katy is not breaking any grounds, her image and songs are easy to digest and her team is working hard for her to have a mass appeal and her live vocals are mediocre, I think that's where all the harmless shades lies in this thread. No one is belittling her 9 #1's.

Well, the original kween, the kween that created pop music, Medoner, it took her 9 years to get a Grammy.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived