💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

57th GRAMMY Awards - Sam Smith, Beyoncé, Pharrell win big!

APPLAUSE4YOU

Featured Posts

"The Producer: I’m going to be controversial here and say Iggy Azalea. Look, I’ve spent a lot of time in Australia, and Australian white people are way whiter than American white people. They put extra mayonnaise on everything. So there’s something interesting about this girl from Australia dominating the hip-hop world."

:awkney: x1000000000000

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me that's not how the people in charge actually vote. I mean...

I would also vote for Iggy, but not because she's white. :awkney:

:D 

KingOfSpain

He doesn't seems very involved in the music scene tbh

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Robotboy

ssscchhhhh

lets not trash the grammys until we have the results of C2C :madge:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Cody Draco

"The Producer: I’m going to be controversial here and say Iggy Azalea. Look, I’ve spent a lot of time in Australia, and Australian white people are way whiter than American white people. They put extra mayonnaise on everything. So there’s something interesting about this girl from Australia dominating the hip-hop world."

:awkney: x1000000000000

Especially when she dominated the Pop world not the Hip-Hop world. :awkney:

"I’m going to be controversial here and say Iggy Azalea. Look, I’ve spent a lot of time in Australia, and Australian white people are way whiter than American white people. They put extra mayonnaise on everything. So there’s something interesting about this girl from Australia dominating the hip-hop world."

That can't be true, it's basically saying a white girl doing stereotypical black things in a fake accent is what's interesting, not her talent?

I mean surely magazines, radio and grammy voters are promoting her due to her unique and remarkable skills and not her skin colour. Right?

Seriously though, how can anybody deny Iggy benefits from white privilege now? She is marketable and "interesting" because she is a white girl doing "hip-hop."  :awkney:

Cody Draco

He doesn't seems very involved in the music scene tbh

It's like they didn't even listen to all of the albums/songs before voting. It's just like "oh Iggy is cool because she is a white rapper and from Australia so she deserves a Grammy". :awkney:

This has got to be fake. 

If it isn't, the Grammys should just go ahead and be shut down. Actually, shut them down anyway.  Almost all the nominees are nominated based on headlines coupled with temporary rises in general appeal. Basing potential winners and losers on things you've heard while doing yoga?????????? I mean...what?!?!? Is Dark Horse REALLY the pinnacle of collaborations this year??? Did Katy and Juicy J even really collaborate? Were they in the studio together recording, writing, editing etc??? Iggys white = interesting = Grammy??????? WHAT?!?!? Beyonce was slightly less meh than the other options?!?!?!?

Are THESE the standards the music industry has now? Are these the kind of standards incoming artists have to aspire to? Is this really what we want to say about music in this day in age? Where's the talent? Where's the originality? Where's the nerve? Where's the honesty? Where's the innovation?

WHERE IS THE MUSIC?

:rip:  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:

We're all Stronger Together!

Cody Draco

"I’m going to be controversial here and say Iggy Azalea. Look, I’ve spent a lot of time in Australia, and Australian white people are way whiter than American white people. They put extra mayonnaise on everything. So there’s something interesting about this girl from Australia dominating the hip-hop world."

That can't be true, it's basically saying a white girl doing stereotypical black things in a fake accent is what's interesting, not her talent?

I mean surely magazines, radio and grammy voters are promoting her due to her unique and remarkable skills and not her skin colour. Right?

Seriously though, how can anybody deny Iggy benefits from white privilege now? She is marketable and "interesting" because she is a white girl doing "hip-hop."  :awkney:

Check my above posts. I agree and I'm not a hardcore Iggy hater. I'm moreso judging the Grammys and their voters. :awkney:

It's so lame that the votes aren't just about the music. 

To vote, members should have to listen to all of the nominations not just hear just one track (from album of the year) in yoga or like a Beyonce video.

This has got to be fake. 

It might not be... I mean I remember watching some Kathy Griffin episode where they talked about it. If you've won a grammy you are eligible to be on, but not automatically on, the committee. So they're are lots of voters but if you hadn't heard the songs you could still vote. 

Levine

Please tell me that's not how the people in charge actually vote. I mean...

I would also vote for Iggy, but not because she's white. :awkney:

And what about this?

And it’s a freaking shame it isn’t up for Song of the Year. Booooo!

Where is the professionalism? This sounds like something a 15yo Kats would say. 

Whispering

It's so lame that the votes aren't just about the music. 

To vote, members should have to listen to all of the nominations not just hear just one track (from album of the year) in yoga or like a Beyonce video.

It might not be... I mean I remember watching some Kathy Griffin episode where they talked about it. If you've won a grammy you are eligible to be on, but not automatically on, the committee. So they're are lots of voters but if you hadn't heard the songs you could still vote.

The nominations in each category are decided primarily by representatives from that category of music, so yes, they have listened to the choices in that particular category.

After the nominations, the voting is opened up to all the voters and that's where you get some people voting in categories they probably shouldn't be voting in.

BringDaNoize

I want Iggy win SO bad  :giveup: 
Not just because I like her, I wanna see the meltdowns  :giveup: Imagine these azebra fans (especially the die-hard ginger one). azebra herself is gonna CRY :giveup:

The minaj fans, the haters... It's gonna be my favorite week in the internet 

Yes-b---h-we-did-it-lady-gaga-22680141-5

I'm hoping this is not true, but would I be surprised if this is how the way voting goes for the Grammys? No. And you haven't heard? WP is a myth so non-Whites can play the victim role. Regardless, It's a shame a lot of the other people in the category have really great Rap songs, and she'll be in the front line of it all, most likely winning. I suppose Black people doing black things and being great at it isn't good enough anymore. Even Em's latest effort wasn't up to par with his other works, which sucks. I'm not going to enjoy the meltdowns, nor am I enjoying watching mediocrity (her and many other rappers included) take over. 

But it truly bothers me that Missy Elliott has been nominated several times for it, and if Iggy wins, she'll be the first solo female to win it... such a disgrace.

Archived