Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Lady Gaga DRAGS rude user on Twitter for telling her to forget C2C

GypsyPrince

Featured Posts

Yeah, I agree. I can't help but think about how mentally damaging it might be for her to be reading this stuff all of the time. It must be a kick in the guts for her self esteem, and definitely can't be good for things like depression. I just feel bad for her and worry about her… No doubt she has a great support system and a family, friends and boyfriend who love her, but it can't be easy. 

Mhm. I also worry that if she doesn't get it together somehow that she'll be heading for a Britney meltdown in a few years. She seriously needs to take a step back and even have someone, like, monitor her twitter/online usage if they have to. haha

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

My point is, that twitter user is no one. Just a loser wantinhg attention. And she just gives him exactly what he wants. She's Lady Gaga, she's a ****ing big deal. She doesn't need to pay attention to that. Responding to hate comments on twitter is immature and brings absolutely no good.

Oh i see your point. Sorry :/ 

I just feel bad for her because she can't take a break from all this sh**. If she didn't say anything there would be people thinking "oh why doesn't she stand up for herself?" Everything she does gets criticised and not just by the GP but by the fans too. Poor thing.

Mhm. I also worry that if she doesn't get it together somehow that she'll be heading for a Britney meltdown in a few years. She seriously needs to take a step back and even have someone, like, monitor her twitter/online usage if they have to. haha

That's the thing about the internet. 20 or 30 years ago if you were a celebrity, such a vast amount of hateful comments weren't as accessible. Now it's just like, log into twitter and it's right in front of you. 

I wish she could ignore negativity :/

Agreed. Again, while her reaction was fully understandable, she more of actually did the haters and all the attention-seeking trolls a favor, and that's to once again show to the entire world that she's highly vulnerable to give what they all want - attention. The more she acknowledges the negativity, then more she'll only be bombarded with it. Now if we think about it, between the Twitter user and Gaga, let's ask ourselves who actually gained (more) something from this, seriously? The former gained notoriety (and even unearned sympathy), while Gaga has just become a hotter target for the hate-mongering trolls. The original tweet from that user was ignorant, so why not just ignore it? 

That's the thing about the internet. 20 or 30 years ago if you were a celebrity, such a vast amount of hateful comments weren't as accessible. Now it's just like, log into twitter and it's right in front of you. 

True, but it's only as in front of you as much as you allow. I think she's obsessively worried about what everyone (fans and GP) think about her. She's desperate to be liked and to feel validated. She thinks she needs that access to the world's opinions. It's not a healthy cycle. 

Do you respond when you get hate?

Are you trying to draw parallels between Lady Gaga and I? If so, I'm flattered.

Whispering

Did she just say ARTPOP isn't music???

No, she didn't. She is saying that jazz is "actual music" too.

She is still making "actual music". C2C is an "actual album", just like the "actual album" the rude fan was referring to.

Are you trying to draw parallels between Lady Gaga and I? If so, I'm flattered.

Answer the question.

I feel like she may start feel insecure about C2C because of it. And that wouldn't be good.

I don't want to be little manager, but releasing jazz album after not so successful era could piss some fans off. I know that she needs to release this album, but most probably it won't help her career develop at all.

Whispering

Yes, I do.

Gaga is human, just like you. Every once in a while, she wants to say something against the hate. Sometimes we ignore it, sometimes we reason with people and sometimes we speak up for ourselves. She is the same and she is like every other Pop girl, those that are worshipped in other threads on this forum.

Other artists around here are often applauded for speaking out or even for basically cussing out or attacking their fans, media or other artists.

Those same people yelling "slay" and defending that other artist to the heavens in one thread are the exact ones who are the first to criticize Gaga for simply speaking up for herself or defending her music or herself. What is interesting about this very obvious double standard, is that these people are doing this on a Gaga fan forum.

I understand where both sides are coming from to be honest...

From a fans perspective its sad to see ARTPOP go down in flames, we had some a great time before the album came out being excited and knowing that she really had put her all into this project. Being at ARTRAVE 2 weeks ago, even though it was a fun concert, you could honestly tell that she just wasn't into it. Her mind seems to be focused towards C2C and yeah thats fine, its a new project, its exciting, but its a shame that she has just given up on ARTPOP, and to some extent shes also given up on ARTRAVE. The attitude I felt from the concert was like "ok i'm here, ill do the show, good its over, goodbye"

LeoFameMonster

2 to 3 years is the typical wait between albums for the majority of artists. Gaga has given you 4 pop albums and three (sort of 4) tours in her short career. She has worked nonstop for her music and her fans. (besides the time she broke her hip for you and the one month she took off to be suicidally depressed) She deserves a few months between major album releases to pursue a side-project and something that she has always had a passion for. You'll get your solo album in another year or two, like all other fans of other artists who wait the average amount of time between albums.

And that guy was a disrespectful ass and deserved what Gaga said to him and more! Looking at his other messages, he isn't the kind of fan that needs to stick around anyhow. I hope he puts his money where his rude mouth is and leaves this fanbase for good!

Yes 2 to 3 years might be a normal amount of time for select amount of singers but usually artists would do features on other songs, as we know gaga is rarely on features and 2-3 years from now it will be very difficult for her since she has a whole new team basically and then 2 - 3 years with no radio air play is tough for any artist. But I don't think anyone should be harsh on this guy everyone deserves the right to be a Gaga fan, what world would it be and how cruel are we do deny people from loving Gaga, we can't be a fan base that starts kicking ppl out. Then all the years Gaga spent building Little Monsters a "family" of tolerance, acceptance and love will all be for nothing.   

Archived