💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga: "I didn't even want to sing anymore" but "Tony saved my life"

Jester

Featured Posts

One Five Ten

*sigh* No she isn't, but think what you like. ;)

I'm only joking around. I know she'd never diss any of her work.  :emma:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's fascinating all that was going on. I'm glad to hear she's doing much better. It makes sense though one thing that surprised about the ArtRave was how happy she seemed despite all the mess going around her. I've never seen her so smiley and relaxed. I guess it was Tony who lifted her up.

When I read what she said:

“I didn’t even want to sing anymore.â€

I was like: Too bad you have a contract, lady :fan:

I mean that's just not realistic, she can't stop singing. I guess she just likes being dramatic for the sake of highlighting CTC and her "natural" voice. I never had problem with her auto-tuned, electronic voice before.

Even more so, she defended and highly praised Electronic music when she was being compared to Adele, but let's just forget about that, she didn't flop with it yet back then :fan:

PopBitch

ARTPOP wasn't controversial. It was an electronic inspired dance pop album that she said had a lot of radio friendly hits. I saw plenty of good to very good and some great reviews on it. She had a few nasty articles on her, but all big stars do, bloggers or reviewers with an agenda. I hate to see her dis her legacy as some burden and like she had no control. It kind of deflates everything you enjoyed.

This is why I love her. She really is so real and beautiful. Can't wait for Cheek to Cheek and her next solo album and how amazing it will be with this new outlook :) I just love Gaga so much :saira:

I mean that's just not realistic, she can't stop singing. I guess she just likes being dramatic for the sake of highlighting CTC and her "natural" voice. I never had problem with her auto-tuned, electronic voice before.

Even more so, she defended and highly praised Electronic music when she was being compared to Adele, but let's just forget about that, she didn't flop with it yet back then :fan:

She can if she wants to. I'm sure she has enough money even to buy out the contract and i mean if she was so depressed she thought about killing herself then why would she even worry about singing anymore?

RainingOnMe

I actually get it now.

She's taking a break from the headlines and finally doing something she has full freedom over and she loves it.

Whispering

She really could. She wouldn't be able to get another recording contract, but she could basically refuse to complete her contract. They would, in turn, sue her or she could buy it out for a VERY large sum of money. My guess is they would have told her to take some time to regroup and make a decision in a year or two. No record label can MAKE an artist sing.

Whispering

She can if she wants to. I'm sure she has enough money even to buy out the contract and i mean if she was so depressed she thought about killing herself then why would she even worry about singing anymore?

Exactly! The truth is, when you are in the midst of severe clinical depression, you aren't thinking straight. That's why people do end up taking their own lives when they are severely depressed.

Depression, of that magnitude, isn't something that happens overnight. It's a slow and painful decent into HELL and a long hard climb out of it. Gaga had been going onto depression and fighting it for a long time, by the time December rolled around.

She's probably still in the healing process, in ways. It takes a long time for most people to feel completely back to themselves after a severe episode of major depression.

To think she was going through all of this while the media attacked her relentlessly and her fans turned on her like a pack of wolves, is really heartbreaking. We are lucky that she is still here with us, still making music and happier than ever!

Part of it was the fact that Gaga is a fighter, and has a true love of music and art. Also, she wants to give her fans as much of herself as possible. (even though for some of them, they are too immature and entitled to ever be satisfied) We should also be thankful that she has a loving and supportive family, partner, and that Tony and this project came into her life at exactly the right time!

Those are the things I think about when I hear these songs from C2C and that's what makes this project even more special to me, as a fan!

Exactly! The truth is, when you are in the midst of severe clinical depression, you aren't thinking straight. That's why people do end up taking their own lives when they are severely depressed.

Depression, of that magnitude, isn't something that happens overnight. It's a slow and painful decent into HELL and a long hard climb out of it. Gaga had been going onto depression and fighting it for a long time, by the time December rolled around.

She's probably still in the healing process, in ways. It takes a long time for most people to feel completely back to themselves after a severe episode of major depression.

To think she was going through all of this while the media attacked her relentlessly and her fans turned on her like a pack of wolves, is really heartbreaking. We are lucky that she is still here with us, still making music and happier than ever!

Part of it was the fact that Gaga is a fighter, and has a true love of music and art. Also, she wants to give her fans as much of herself as possible. (even though for some of them, they are too immature and entitled to ever be satisfied) We should also be thankful that she has a loving and supportive family, partner, and that Tony and this project came into her life at exactly the right time!

Those are the things I think about when I hear these songs from C2C and that's what makes this project even more special to me, as a fan!

Yeah I don't think people really think about what she's been through in the last couple of years, with the injury on top of it too. That must have been a depressing time for her too. I'd hate to think how I would feel if I was her.

Plus I don't think  some people on here really understand how bad depression can be and how you feel when you have it. I have experience with it, so I guess I tend to be more on the sympathetic side.

Also, not everyone has to love that she is doing jazz, but there's no reason to pointlessly bash her for it, especially when this album is clearly something she loves and her friendship with Tony is very dear to her. She talked a little about Tony at my APZ show and about the album and it was obvious that she is so proud of C2C and very in to the music, so it annoys me when people tell her to quit with jazz music and go back to pop or whatever. She already does so much for the fans, and it's like it's never enough and now they are throwing it back in her face. I feel really bad for her because of that.

I thought ARTPOP already saved her life.  I guess every new promotion cycle needs its own "I'm Italian."

Since when did ARTPOP save her life?

Whispering

I thought ARTPOP already saved her life.  I guess every new promotion cycle needs its own "I'm Italian."

Making ARTPOP helped her through being in a wheelchair for four months and painful rehabilitation for months.

garrettgivre

This was a fantastic interview.  Im really glad that Tony and working on C2C is getting her back into a healthier state of mind.  I feel like its been a very slow recovery, but she needs to take all the time she can to better herself.

As a side, if she ever writes a book about her life, it is going to be fascinating.  Shes gone through a lot in the industry, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that she is so emotional and gets attached to people / friends very easily.  Its sad that she has to not trust anyone anymore, but it seems like it will be for the better if she is a little more guarded.  Id also be interested to see if she ever helps younger artist out who might go through some of the things she has.

Archived