💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

U2's new album released for FREE on iTunes, the largest release ever!

PopBitch

Featured Posts

PopBitch

Is anybody as into Sleep Like a Baby Tonight as I am?  The duller-sounding youtube link doesn't do the exquisite sound production justice, but this song and melody and Bono's vocals is a mesmerizing trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz0F1G8zNC0

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rat Boy

So everyone who has an apple account get this album automatically? 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Paper Gangsta

Everyone pulling a Beyonce....I knew it would become the new way of releasing albums and getting rush immediate sales for the first week :laughga:

It's not like Beyonce did it first

So everyone who has an apple account get this album automatically?

m

Yes, all around the world, 191 cozntries where iTunes store are available.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gaga had mentioned releasing an album for free 2 years ago and change the way music is distributed.... Looks like Beyonce and u2 have beat her to the punch.... This could have been huge for her had she been the first.... Instead we got the ARTPOP app

Jenniferella

Everyone pulling a Beyonce....I knew it would become the new way of releasing albums and getting rush immediate sales for the first week :laughga:

Did you read the whole post or even the fukcing thread title ?

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

PopBitch

I hate how Bono assumes that "pop" is a synonym for "bad".

Bono has never felt that way.  They made an album called Pop in the '90s, did a Popmart tour.  Pop has gotten a bad name and has become identified with basic, generic music here in the U.S..  He's saying there's great pop out there, in other words, great music.  In the UK, pop has never been a bad word.  Bands used the word pop a lot when pop was innovative and just great melodies.  Pop nowdays has so much watered down, generic crap that people look at pop as just that, and not as some truly great music out there under the "pop" label also that's just straight-up great music.  At least, that's what I took from it.

The U2 rock fanbase reacted very badly to the Pop album.

Rockers have been looking down at pop since the 60's for many contradictory reasons.  Never mind that there has been plenty of generic corporate rock over the years.

The thing is, they can afford to give their album for free, they know they're gonna make a buttload of money with their tour anyway. Plus, it's great promo for the band. Great move, if you ask me.

I'm actually listening to the album right now, and I quite like it :music:

One Five Ten

Downloading this not because I love U2 or the album, but because I love this release strategy and I really want free albums to become the norm in the industry, with artists paid by Apple/whoever in exchange for promo of their products.

Archived