💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

FameHookah

It's not only about auto-tune but about making her sing differently. Her voice sounds very different in The Fame.

Her voice was like that back in 2008 ,it started to go deep and weird in 2009 when paparazzi came out

WTF is MDNA

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah

:applause: Exactly. Her mantra back then in 2008-2009 was infusing technology with her brand, from her music to visuals. That's why I really like the idea that she's presenting herself as the future of pop through embracing technology. And it worked obviously. Embrace was the universal impression, hence the universal praise towards The Fame and eventually towards her as an artist as well. Now, she's saying she was forced into it, and that's the one disappointing me the most. Because by virtue of this statement, she just implied that what she has greatly done with The Fame wasn't her vision at all. Oh well.

Yeah its really sad :(

She was being "controlled" on The Fame

She was sad and sick on TFM

She was in a "bad place" on BTW

I mean wtf....

I feel that the applause video is how gaga feels (caged, controlled, etc)

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah

Tbh im glad her label controlled her quite a bit. It was good music and performances

Now that she has more freedom she deteriorated

I guess the issue is shes talanted and does a better job at mainstream than other artists so i loved her. But what she really likes to do is more traditional which franqkly im just not that into :shrug:

She need some help, and control.

It's obvious that her voice was pitched to be higher and more feminine on The Fame.

Her voice was way higher on Red and Blue

And 2008, no autotune

Poker face performances in 2009 and d--gs made her voice deeper

All of you are calling her old Gwen Stefani like high pitched voice a product of auto tune.

I honestly don't think it is. Her voice and singing style has VASTLY changed. All of her songs recorded in 2007 (like "Paparazzi" and "Summerboy" and before have that voice.

Go look at her LIVE performances of "Wonderful" and "Fever" and you'll hear that her voice did indeed, actually sound like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8CUn2VsgzU

Captivated and fancy pants too

WTF is MDNA

GypsyPrince

I feel disappointed.

Her greatest works and the ones I enjoyed the most are the ones she doesn't feel happy/proud of. So does that mean in the future, we won't get music that WE like? Because it seems her taste and ours are world's apart.

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with autotune for studio versions of songs. Every artist does it, and it's not like the auto tune takes away any credibility from her as a vocal artist.

Dangerous Man

Not really caring about this issue, as long as she sings them live.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

The Professor

I feel disappointed.

Her greatest works and the ones I enjoyed the most are the ones she doesn't feel happy/proud of. So does that mean in the future, we won't get music that WE like? Because it seems her taste and ours are world's apart.

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with autotune for studio versions of songs. Every artist does it, and it's not like the auto tune takes away any credibility from her as a vocal artist.

All of this.

I feel like The Fame, which was my fav album and gateway into Gaga, wasn't really Gaga at all  :cry:

I'm worried her future music will go down the lines of Gypsy or You & I, and im not really here for that.

Applause (song) is the single reason i'm hyped for the next album because it reminded me of her previous work, but she seems recently so persistent about moving away from this kind of sound that I wonder if i'll stay exited for the next album.

Bradley

For some reason, I think she needs to stop working against her label. I don't mean her to give full control to her label but please the two parties should work together, not partially one side.

Redstreak

I think that's total bull**** too. Gaga seems like she's in a weird place personally (due to AP and essentially anything post MTN), a rebellious place, so that's affecting her judgement imo. 

It's basically what you said in your other post. She's trying so hard to make herself look "artistic" to people when she should just focus on the work and let people's opinions form naturally. If they don't ever see that she actually is an artist, then that's their problem not hers, but she needs to stop trying to force people to see it :/

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

It's basically what you said in your other post. She's trying so hard to make herself look "artistic" to people when she should just focus on the work and let people's opinions form naturally. If they don't ever see that she actually is an artist, then that's their problem not hers, but she needs to stop trying to force people to see it :/

Totally. I mean, I think she had a great balance going up until mid-BTW. It's really unfortunate that she is in such a panic to be accepted in that way. :/ I think that is why a lot of people have begun seeing her as pretentious. She wants to reject the criticisms before the public reject her in some cases. It's not healthy to live like that, always on edge.  

Aside from the occasional new fan, I think Gaga is big enough to have already won over the majority of people who will like her. The rest might in time, but they have likely made up their mind on her. She doesn't have to change it. I think by trying to change minds, she is even driving many fans away, because she is changing who she was and shifting away from many of the parts that made up the Lady Gaga that people have fallen in love with since 2008. 

One of my friends (he's into rap, but likes Gaga) asked me if she was still making music... he hadn't even heard of ARTPOP. >.< So obviously it's not all Gaga's fault, but she and her team need to get it together. I'm sure they know that, so I am looking forward to 2015. 

She needs to just let her music write itself organically and let producers, etc go through and clean it up with her. 

I wish people would understand how auto-tune is used in modern music. It's not like Cher's Believe in every song. They slightly correct the pitch to make things sound perfect. It's pretty much automatic with a simple little plugin in the production software. IMO it does make it sound better. 

Archived