Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Gene Simmons: Rock is Finally Dead

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Rock has always been, and will always be, one of the best genres :manicure::rockstar:

I agree... I knew Rock was dead when Gaga added Rock influences to BTW and it didn't catch on with the public :coffee:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem isnt the industry, its the bands themselves, im a Rock lover since i can remember, and its my favoourite genre by far,  but there are just no good bands since at least the 90s, and nowadays, we dare to call bands like 30 seconds to mars or fall out boy "rock bands", thats why rock is dead

I find this statement nothing but an exaggeration. Rock couldn't be "dead" when its influence could still be heard all over Mainstream Top 40. Alternative rock, indie rock, and even pop rock are pretty much alive with acts like Imagine Dragons, Bastille, and Kelly Clarkson selling millions of records across the globe. Plus, it was only a couple of years ago when U2 ended the highest-grossing concert tour of all time. Public interest is still there. It'll take more decades, if not forever, for the world to completely abandon the rock genre altogether. 

Well, I get he might be sad that rock/metal music isn't as popular as it used to be... but that's how things work, I guess. Everything rotates, just like fashion... In the 50's there was Rock & Roll, in the 70's the Disco music, then Rock/Metal got popular, then R&B in the 00's, now dance/electronic/EDM. But it looks like, starting with Daft Punk in 2013, Disco music is getting popular again so... maybe one day Rock music will be mainstream again, I wouldn't exclude that. 

PopBitch

Muse would beg to differ that rock is dead and so would their fans. He's a great  songwriter, guitarist and keyboardist and his bassist is great.  They fill stadiums. Rock is just a different style, like rock for them changed in the '90s to grunge rock.  They called Kiss' kind of rock dead then and sales were gone.  The music business is very hard now, though, I agree, and basically all that gets on the radio is pop or hip hop or country and light pop bands.  It will all turn.  But musicians will never get the support they got in the earlier days.  They make money off of you and dump you and move on.

Muse 2014 with fans singing along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNcNA4wiuc

RAMROD

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/508348029791780864

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GypsyPrince

Funny how he's saying that when Gaga is a good friend of KISS.

But anyway, I get where he's coming from. But music can never stay the same. What was popular decades ago will not be popular now, likewise what's popular now will not be in the future.

We should just live in the moment, instead of dwelling in the past. Rock may not be pop now, but that doesn't mean good rock music is totally gone.

Speak for yourself, Gene. Where has he been? It takes a lot of hard work and connections, but new bands are springing up all the time. The problem is connecting with record companies. However, a lot of bands do their own publicizing and networking via internet and as their name gets out there, more opportunities open up at clubs, bars, and live scenes. No one said it is easy, but it's possible. Artists just need to adjust to the current digital age. Music can be excellent promo for your live show and speaks for itself, so give it all you got. Ask the Arctic Monkeys.

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

Archived