Iggy Azalea announces album re-pack, collab with Ellie Goulding

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo cupcakke

Dear Ellie,

You were so #musicnotthebling. What happened?

Love,

Someone Who Values Your Artistry

DrewStevens

Dear Ellie,

You were so #musicnotthebling. What happened?

Love,

Someone Who Values Your Artistry

'I Need Your Love' and 'Fall Into The Sky'? #musicnotthebling  :usrs:

xoxo cupcakke

'I Need Your Love' and 'Fall Into The Sky'? #musicnotthebling  :usrs:

The Days part of Halcyon Days minus "You My Everything", "Stay Awake", "Tesselate", and "Midas Touch"  :wtf:

I think I Need Your Love is okay and I love Fall Into the Sky but her latest release just shows she's transitioning into mainstream pop whereas before she had a perfect balance between pop and indie and alternative. Like Halcyon was awesome, Halcyon Days, not so much after Burn starts to play.

DrewStevens

The Days part of Halcyon Days minus "You My Everything", "Stay Awake", "Tesselate", and "Midas Touch"  :wtf:

I think I Need Your Love is okay and I love Fall Into the Sky but her latest release just shows she's transitioning into mainstream pop whereas before she had a perfect balance between pop and indie and alternative. Like Halcyon was awesome, Halcyon Days, not so much after Burn starts to play.

She is mostly mainstream pop now

ItsTommyBitch

Hmmm.. their voices are from soft/raspy to rough and southern :emma:

Curious to see how this will work out.

She said earlier that there was another Charlie XCX collab on the re-release, but who knows if that actually made it :shrug:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Psychedelic

I'm so here for this... YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Why are so many haters on GGD lately? They bash every other possible artist that's disscussed here on the entertainment section, like they are sophisticated-eared music listeners, for God's sake you wouldn't even be logged in to GGD if that was the case! :rip:

Not when I bought the album a couple of weeks ago. :awkney:

literally same  :dies: I'll end up buying again for the Ellie collab  :dies:

BLACKOUTbritney
She should release a solo single too tho. All these collabs aren't good for her credibility.

StrawberryBlond

At least she really understands the concept of a re-release. I can't stand most re-releases from artists who think 3 new tracks and a bunch of remixes is acceptable. Fans tend to hate re-releases, for feeling like they're being used to secure a second buy, but with 6 tracks, they can't really complain. The only thing that concerns me is that Iggy seems to be making a habit of collabbing with non-rappers. Collabs are in a rapper's job description, but the majority of the time, it's only with other rappers. The only exception to this is maybe Lil Wayne, who's featured on a lot of pop remixes, but he didn't do so many of these collabs in a row and he was much later in his career when he branched out. Iggy's just started and already she's using the success of pop artists to piggyback her way to mainstream success. I know she's a rap/pop crossover, but you need to draw a line somewhere. Even Nicki Minaj, who was also a rap/pop crossover until very recently, didn't feature so many pop artists on her solo work when she released singles. Showing up as a rap feature on pop singles is one thing, but making a habit of hiring pop artists to feature on your solo rap work is quite another.

Archived