💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sam Smith reveals album is about his love for a straight guy

Yanko

Featured Posts

This doesn't come as a surprise for me and I have hardly paid any attention to his music.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is too old for this tbh.

It's one thing to "fall" for straight guys when you are in high school. But this is too much.

One Five Ten

It's one thing to "fall" for straight guys when you are in high school. But this is too much.

He's 21/22? That's not too old. Besides, I feel like he's probably been writing this album since he was in high school.

I relate totally. I don't think we can help who we fall in love with - so all the people in here saying to not chase after straight men because of no interest must have just never had the experience.

xoxo cupcakke

What you said happened to me and I'm in high school. You know us youths so well.  :giveup:

I need this album though. Hopefully, it brings me closure or opens up old wounds.

:giveup:     :nooo:  :rip:

PopBitch

It's universal, really.  How many times has someone developed a strong friendship with someone or been around them in school, college, work, etc., fallen for them and had this hope it would turn into more only to be rejected or watch them go after someone else and realize they just don't look at you that way and never will.  Gay, straight, bi, it's all relatable, the rejection of loving someone or pining for them and ultimately that horrible moment when you realize you're just in the dreaded friend zone.

It's called unrequited love or lust.

retroglamx

To all those judging him for falling for a straight guy:

You don't chose who you fall for. The end.

And if you haven't been in that situation before then your opinion is irrelevant.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

He's 21/22? That's not too old. Besides, I feel like he's probably been writing this album since he was in high school.

I relate totally. I don't think we can help who we fall in love with - so all the people in here saying to not chase after straight men because of no interest must have just never had the experience.

It takes a relatively small amount of maturity to not fall in love with the wrong people.

It takes a lot more maturity to stop being in love with the wrong people. But writing an album to a straight boy at the age of 22 is awkward.

StrawberryBlond

He confirmed that he wrote it after an experience he had last year when he was 21. At 21, I feel people really should know better about how s-xual orientation works and not bother chasing after people who will never be interested in them. The gay dating options nowadays mean there's no need to broach the difficult subject of finding out if your crush is gay too because you seek out gays in particular depending on what option you choose. At 21, he was old enough to go to gay bars and join gay dating sites, so what was he doing pursuing a straight man?

what album

the one where he's sitting?

or there's a new one omg

To all those judging him for falling for a straight guy:

You don't chose who you fall for. The end.

And if you haven't been in that situation before then your opinion is irrelevant.

this, you just can't help it,

and idk gays irl and sometimes you think they can be closeted, open to everything, etc

everyone just chill 

Redstreak

I don't like being called sad and pathetic for having feelings for a straight guy. I'm not actively chasing him, I know I can't have him and that nothing will ever be there, but when you have feelings for someone, especially a friend, it gets complicated and they don't just go away at the snap of a finger. I didn't choose to like him :awkney:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

retroglamx

what album

the one where he's sitting?

or there's a new one omg

this, you just can't help it,

and idk gays irl and sometimes you think they can be closeted, open to everything, etc

everyone just chill 

Thank you.

I don't like being called sad and pathetic for having feelings for a straight guy. I'm not actively chasing him, I know I can't have him and that nothing will ever be there, but when you have feelings for someone, especially a friend, it gets complicated and they don't just go away at the snap of a finger. I didn't choose to like him :awkney:

This so much!!!!!

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

DanceInTheFlames

He confirmed that he wrote it after an experience he had last year when he was 21. At 21, I feel people really should know better about how s-xual orientation works and not bother chasing after people who will never be interested in them. The gay dating options nowadays mean there's no need to broach the difficult subject of finding out if your crush is gay too because you seek out gays in particular depending on what option you choose. At 21, he was old enough to go to gay bars and join gay dating sites, so what was he doing pursuing a straight man?

Well according to another article he thinks dating sites are ruining dating/romance. Awkward now considering this new piece of information. 

Responding to other posts, people are certainly not dumb or pathetic for falling for friends of conflicting s-xualities however the fact that he said "unrequited love is just as painful, just as powerful, as what we call 'normal' love," is disconcerting to me. Putting unrequited love on some sort of pedestal is not good or healthy. We've all wanted someone we couldn't have, and I don't think we should glorify it by saying it's on the same level as "normal love". Just my two cents.

TimisaMonster

I had no idea Sam Smith was gay....explains a lot now....he looks like Boy George tbqh  :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived