Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sam Smith reveals album is about his love for a straight guy

Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JaggedMonster

THANK YOU. Nothing makes me cringe more than when gay guys say they love straight men. We should all know that majority of the time the feelings we have for them will not be returned, yet we keep trying to convert them like we're Christians on Sunday. I will never understand.

It's worth mentioning that the "love" is actually lust 85% of the time.

Agreed %100 :trootea: :trootea: :trootea: :trootea: :trootea:

DanceInTheFlames

Am I the only gay man that has never had a huge thing for a straight man? I guess I just don't really understand unrequited love when it comes to two people who aren't even the same s-xuality. That being said, there are a few straight hotties I have hoped were gay and would maybe write a song like G.U.Y. for.  :bunny:

Wasn't this known already? :awkney:

And I can't at the gays acting superior because they don't approve of falling in love with a straight guy. Like it hasn't happened to you. Mess

who will love me when the night is over

Vernier

Why chase over something you can't have. You have far better ways to spend your life. It's not cute or romantic. It's really sad.

So much tea :tea:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Why chase over something you can't have. You have far better ways to spend your life. It's not cute or romantic. It's really sad.

Agreed. 

Am I the only gay man that has never had a huge thing for a straight man? I guess I just don't really understand unrequited love when it comes to two people who aren't even the same s-xuality. That being said, there are a few straight hotties I have hoped were gay and would maybe write a song like G.U.Y. for.  :bunny:

Nope you're not the only gay man post_3216_1250509892_769.gif

StrawberryBlond

THANK YOU. Nothing makes me cringe more than when gay guys say they love straight men. We should all know that majority of the time the feelings we have for them will not be returned, yet we keep trying to convert them like we're Christians on Sunday. I will never understand.

Exactly. There's so many mainstream options to meet fellow gays nowadays that there's no excuse for falling for what you can't have. There are gays who dimiss religious initiatives offering gay-straight conversion as ridiculous...but then admit to having feelings for a straight guy and are living in hope that he can be converted. It never seems to strike them that what they're proposing is just as ridiculous. Sexual orientation cannot be taught, hence why children of straight couples can turn out gay and children of gay couples can turn out straight. The heart wants what the heart wants and it's pointless to talk it out of it. Speaking as a straight girl who once had confusing feelings for a gay guy (who hadn't come out yet), I know about those feelings of disappointment. But the difference was, as soon as he'd come out I made myself get over him and just view him as a friend. Actually, finding out he was gay helped me get over my feelings better than if he'd been straight and rejected me. I didn't trail after him like a lovesick puppy hoping that I was that one girl who he'd go straight for. Life isn't a fairytale and I wasn't going to waste my time pining for him when the perfect straight guy could be passing me by.

It's worth mentioning that the "love" is actually lust 85% of the time.

That's also true. I don't know how you can be in love with someone that you've never had romantic interactions with. It's no different from a kid thinking they're in love with their favourite popstar because they see them on tv all the time and like how they look. Love is determined by your one-to-one interactions and there has to be big milestones occuring before you can claim love and if you haven't achieved any, it's lust.

Archived