Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should She Have Shelved ARTPOP?

mucinex

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

No, definitely not but she seemed to have strayed from the direction she originally intended.

I could do without songs like Fashion! And MANiCURE to be honest. The problem I think with ARTPOP is some of the tracks seem so outdated, more than likely because EDM has been done too much now.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

eifulien

Skipping ur comments cause I need to be positive today!  :hehe:  :kisses:

My life would have been miserable without ARTPOP. It was the final part of my accepting myself as gay and it really influenced me!

I really needed something bright, light and positive in my life at the moment.  :sara:  :wub:  :hug:

holyscheisse said it all: 

no ARTPOP is f*cking amazing.

everybody needs to listen to it objectively, detached from the stigma, the chart performance, the mishaps throughout the era. it's a great album full of diverse tracks and it should not have been shelved.

aaronyoji

No.

I'm so sick off everybody just wanting MORE MORE MORE. 

Adding more tracks wouldn't have made the album more successful or more praised by fans or any less polarising.

So what maybe fans just genuinely want more music? Like Jesus if this where any other decade of music listeners no fan would be rejecting the idea of getting more music from an artist they love, is it that hard to comprehend? Maybe fans want more music not because of those shallow reasons u mentioned....

So what maybe fans just genuinely want more music? Like Jesus if this where any other decade of music listeners no fan would be rejecting the idea of getting more music from an artist they love, is it that hard to comprehend? Maybe fans want more music not because of those shallow reasons u mentioned....

That's not hard to comprehend at all. I want more music too, it's just I realise that I'll have to wait for it. I don't have a problem with fans wanting more music I just have a problem with them wanting it all at once.

The problem I have is the short attention span of some modern music listeners. ARTPOP is a 15 track album, that's massive, and hasn't even been out for a year but some people are almost demanding we get more, and right away. 

Noah Fatale

why not :hor:

because the ARTPOP era snatched all my weaves, even the quality indian ones, its just all exposed weaves tracks on my head now, my weave cabinet is empty, everybody in the world woke up one day without they're weaves.

thats how much it slayed

:laughga:

Aga Gydal

I do think Cheek To Cheek should have been a cute little 2012 release to build her brand up to her next pop album, but I do think ARTPOP is weak for a comeback album. It's great for the fans (like myself) but it's not a transformative album and the hits don't hit hard enough. So ideally this would be the case:

2011 - BTW

2012 - C2C

2013- ARTPOP, yank a few album cuts for songs with better hit potential

destructivelove

*cough* :troll:

Stache / Feed My Love

Cake LIke Lady Gaga

B*tch, Don't Kill My Vibe

Posh Life

to name a few that leaked in the ARTPOP era :)

cake and stache were pre-ARTPOP era. Posh life isn't even a song she wrote for herself. And b---h don't kill my vibe was Kendrick's song. :awkney:

Rollercoaster

No. She needed to put something out in the wake of BTW criticism that would just take the fallout and move on. That's what she's done. Cheek to Cheek is the Beginning of her rise.

jewelsnpugs

No. ARTPOP is one of my favorite albums by her. I don't know why everyone hates on it so much.. Is it because it didn't sell as much as TF/TFM or BTW? I don't care how much it sold because it will still be a great album regardless of how many copies were sold.

Archived