💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Carrie Underwood reported to do SuperBowl halftime show 2015

LordDisick

Featured Posts

I guess that'd be cool, a different direction than just having a big popstar like Beyonce, Madonna etc do the show. Still hope Gaga does it :emo:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland

This isn't confirmed just so everybody knows. The NHL is probably in negotiations with several artists right now and Carrie is one of those artists. They don't announce who is performing for at least another 3 weeks and the performer could change.

I think you mean NFL...

MJHolland

It's an American game and people here are really overestimating the amount of people who care about the super bowl internationally. The amount of Australians I know that watch any part of the US super bowl live, is probably about the same amount of Americans you know who watch the AFL grand final. Approximately 0.

Carrie Underwood makes sense, she is a big star in America and she appeals to a key demographic for them. Better choice than Bruno.

Who cares?

Yes the game is strongly rooted in Northern America only but it's still one of the largest annual television even in the world.

No other single country produces a larger televised event so.....

btw I've never met a single American in my entire life that thinks that other countries care about the Super Bowl. Trust me, we don't care/even know about any other of y'alls events so...

Whispering

Who cares?

Yes the game is strongly rooted in Northern America only but it's still one of the largest annual television even in the world.

No other single country produces a larger televised event so.....

btw I've never met a single American in my entire life that thinks that other countries care about the Super Bowl. Trust me, we don't care/even know about any other of y'alls events so...

97% of the viewers come from North America. Carrie is well known in the US and in Canada. Country music is big in the US and it appeals to the football watching crowd.

They've been using country music artists to kick off the top of Monday Night Football for years. Guess who is singing the Monday Night Football intro song at the current time? That's right- Carrie Underwood.

This decision makes perfect sense.

Whispering

I know everyone here wants someone current, but I really want to see Elton John do the superbowl one year. And of course Gaga. 

They should have asked him years ago. They could have had him AND Billy Joel, when they were doing their tour together. Would have been something special and the majority of people watching would know most of the songs.

MJHolland

97% of the viewers come from North America. Carrie is well known in the US and in Canada. Country music is big in the US and it appeals to the football watching crowd.

They've been using country music artists to kick off the top of Monday Night Football for years. Guess who is singing the Monday Night Football intro song at the current time? That's right- Carrie Underwood.

This decision makes perfect sense.

I wasn't talking about whether or not Carrie is a good choice, I was replying to the comment that people overestimate how many non-american watch the Super Bowl.

Shaney

I really want Gaga to do it :giveup:

Decent choice for them. I'm not into her music, but she's got a lot of country fans.

I really hope Gaga gets to do this someday. I think she needs another good era and a few more well-known hits though.

Yepp

TimisaMonster

Who's going to get the 2016 spot? Pitbull? Katy? The fact she's not even brought up as an OPTION is just sad :fail:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Who's going to get the 2016 spot? Pitbull? Katy? The fact she's not even brought up as an OPTION is just sad :fail:

Gaga would before Katy... in a fair world

i think Eminem / Jay Z is likely

You guys wanting Gaga are completely off the mark. They just had Madonna and Beyonce, two of the biggest pop stars in the world. They aren't going to want Gaga for a while. Not to mention her career is not in a place for such promotion with a majority of the public's current perception of her.

As for Carrie... She's massively successful in the country world, and is one of, if not THE, most successful artist from Idol alongside Kelly. No reason to discredit her just because you don't know her achievements or don't personally like her or her music.

Spock

It should have been Taylor :manicure:

And as for Carrie, I only know Ever Ever After from Enchanted but I totally gave her the boot when she butchered the Iconic Maria Von Trapp role in that NBC broadcast of the Sound of Music. Never. Again.

who will love me when the night is over

Archived