💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Carrie Underwood reported to do SuperBowl halftime show 2015

LordDisick

Featured Posts

LordDisick

Oh dear me, they're really clutching at straws now. The choices to perform are so few that they're considering going for an American Idol winner who's had two hits in the US (and I say "hits" loosely as they've had basically no impact over time) and has had absolutely no international hits or presence outwith Canada and Australia. Seriously, look at Carrie's international single/album sales and her international tour dates to get a good idea how absolutely irrelevant she is in the rest of the world. Even the US southerners won't have heard 90% of her 15 minute set. Besides, her style of music is hardly the kind to get you moving and grooving like past performers. Pretty ridiculous how she can be considered for this spot but Kelly Clarkson, a fellow AI winner, who's had a lot more hits and international appeal than Carrie, has never performed. Let's face it, a huge portion of the international viewers are not watching for the game, but for that famous halftime show and its performer. Let's just say if they hear the unknown name of Carrie Underwood, those ratings are going to go right down.

that doesnt matter when 90% of superbowl viewers is america obviously   :toofunny:  :lmao:

Kelly Clarkson would have been so much better of a choice! Songs like Miss Independent, Breakaway, Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes, My Life Would Suck Without You, and Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) are very recognizable and would make for a fantastic, energetic halftime performance. Instead we get the pretty blonde country singer singing about bad boyfriends and Jesus.   :giveup:

Oh dear me, they're really clutching at straws now. The choices to perform are so few that they're considering going for an American Idol winner who's had two hits in the US (and I say "hits" loosely as they've had basically no impact over time) and has had absolutely no international hits or presence outwith Canada and Australia. Seriously, look at Carrie's international single/album sales and her international tour dates to get a good idea how absolutely irrelevant she is in the rest of the world. Even the US southerners won't have heard 90% of her 15 minute set. Besides, her style of music is hardly the kind to get you moving and grooving like past performers. Pretty ridiculous how she can be considered for this spot but Kelly Clarkson, a fellow AI winner, who's had a lot more hits and international appeal than Carrie, has never performed. Let's face it, a huge portion of the international viewers are not watching for the game, but for that famous halftime show and its performer. Let's just say if they hear the unknown name of Carrie Underwood, those ratings are going to go right down.

i cant at yall, Carrie has outsold Kelly in the US [FAR less albums too] so yeah :rip:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

They don't wanna make WW noise, but still hiring someone loved in the states. Fair enough. Local but loved. 

i hate country, but i dont know anyone on the earth who doesnt love carrie :giveup: her music is just AMAZING.

Carrie?! Has she even had a Hot 100 #1 single yet? I don't she has enough iconic/popular songs to keep 100 million+ viewers nationwide entertained for twelve minutes.

Omg :deadbanana:

How can some of you not know about Queen Carries discography

freebit

Decent choice for them. I'm not into her music, but she's got a lot of country fans.

I really hope Gaga gets to do this someday. I think she needs another good era and a few more well-known hits though.

darkwolf

i hate country, but i dont know anyone on the earth who doesnt love carrie :giveup: her music is just AMAZING.

Omg :deadbanana:

How can some of you not know about Queen Carries discography

But most people on earth don't listen to country and don't know what the superbowl is :rofl:

i had bet o katy. i would have loved her attempt to sing live there :crossed:

That would be an epic messT :toofunny:

OT: Gags should headline so ARTPOP could turn to Platinum.

Rat Boy

It's almost as if every other singer is 'basic' or 'irrelevant' unless their name is Lady Gaga. If you don't have anything nice to say don't waste your time posting some pathetic try hard 'shady' comment to try to fool yourself into thinking that you are a high end ART critic.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Archived