• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JaysAMess

Gaga would before Katy... in a fair world

i think Eminem / Jay Z is likely

Omg yes, Eminem would slay!

MahoganySnitch

A successful American singer poised to play the halftime show of America's most televised event? The horror!

:derpga:

TimisaMonster

Gaga would before Katy... in a fair world

i think Eminem / Jay Z is likely

You'd be surprised....I wouldn't be shocked if they shaded her like that :fail:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StrawberryBlond

I get what you're saying about how about 98% of the viewers are American and Carrie is a huge artist in America and is a favourite to sing the anthem at football games. But the fact remains at the end of the day that her hit catalogue is extremely limited to the point where only her superfans will recognise every song she sings. Normally, only legendary acts perform because their songs are well known and the audience can get behind that. Most of that audience will be men and I guarantee they know next to nothing abour Carrie other than she was on American Idol. And Carrie's albums have sold progressively worse as time has gone on, so her recent work has become less and less well known. I fail to see how the audience can be excited for an act when they have no idea what's going to come out of their mouth. She's hardly going to have amazing choreography or anthem type songs either. She's a ballad singer. How's that going to work at the Superbowl?

She'll be perfect for this audience...

tumblr_naa5576nRD1qee6wmo1_500.gif

A good point. Whenever something scandalous happens on American tv, the networks suddenly come over all conservative on us to get the population back to a feeling of safety and security again. That was definitely the case concerning the whole JT/Janet Nipplegate at the Superbowl. The organisation has feared anything so controversial happening ever again. It explains why they still haven't asked Gaga to perform even though she's the most obvious candidate seeing as she's one of the most praised performance artists of our time and her live voice and instrumental skills do not go un-noted. At the end of the day, they're terrified that someone so pro-gay and so supportive of s-xuality might do something that'll make Nipplegate look like small fry. But then, they let Madonna perform, so...

Who cares?

Yes the game is strongly rooted in Northern America only but it's still one of the largest annual television even in the world.

No other single country produces a larger televised event so.....

btw I've never met a single American in my entire life that thinks that other countries care about the Super Bowl. Trust me, we don't care/even know about any other of y'alls events so...

I wasn't bashing the Super Bowl :dies:

My post was in response to people saying that it was stupid to choose a country star because it wouldn't draw international viewers :smh:

"Kelly Clarkson, a fellow AI winner, who's had a lot more hits and international appeal than Carrie"

"The whole world is watching"

"Nobody knows her in the UK"

International viewers are irrelevant when 98% of the viewers are American. Carrie Underwood makes a perfect choice, Country music is massive in the US and it appeals to the Superbowl demographic.

I'm enough of pop singer for the halftime, i hope it's false and it will be a known rock group or something

Coldplay would be awesome

Super Bowl is huge in Canada 

Canada is North America, I'm not really surprised :shrug:

Prometheus

Carrie?! Has she even had a Hot 100 #1 single yet? I don't she has enough iconic/popular songs to keep 100 million+ viewers nationwide entertained for twelve minutes.

Jesus Take the Wheel :awkney:

I think you greatly underestimate country music's impact and fanbase

I wasn't bashing the Super Bowl :dies:

My post was in response to people saying that it was stupid to choose a country star because it wouldn't draw international viewers :smh:

International viewers are irrelevant when 98% of the viewers are American. Carrie Underwood makes a perfect choice, Country music is massive in the US and it appeals to the Superbowl demographic.

Canada is North America, I'm not really surprised :shrug:

i've read somewhere that in therm of % of the population, Canadians watch more the SB than america it's crazy 

Squidward T

I really hope this is a joke? I mean she's a good singer but the girl has zero stage presence or charisma. Her only successful radio hit was Before He Cheats. They need to get someone that knows how to entertain like Gaga or Rihanna or even a rock band

I really hope this is a joke? I mean she's a good singer but the girl has zero stage presence or charisma. Her only successful radio hit was Before He Cheats. They need to get someone that knows how to entertain like Gaga or Rihanna or even a rock band

That is your interpretation but there are others that will differ with that. I do!

Mars..........or bust!

DeleteMyAccount

Carrie?! Has she even had a Hot 100 #1 single yet? I don't she has enough iconic/popular songs to keep 100 million+ viewers nationwide entertained for twelve minutes.

She had one #1 on the Hot 100, Inside Your Heaven.  But that was right after she won American Idol.

I'm a huge Carrie fan.  Seen her 4 times and will follow her to the end.  I would be a little surprised to see how this works however.  Carrie is more of a standing vocalist rather than a Gaga who dances and uses the stage.  Maybe they'll incorporate lots of visuals and such.  Somewhat like the Olympics..  So excited if she will perform though.

DeleteMyAccount

I'm amazed I still don't know who this singer is. I just know she sings.

Go listen to Blown Away, Before He Cheats, and her performance of "How Great Thou Art" (go the end in the video, her vocals are amazing.... Plus she can work a stage.  See video of her performing Paradise City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSy8yy-mr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9PJfrhwFI

Jesus Take the Wheel :awkney:

I think you greatly underestimate country music's impact and fanbase

Which peaked at #20 on the Billboard Hot 100... :awkney:  She's never had a #1 single - actually, no song of hers has charted higher than #8 on the main chart. At the time Bruno performed, despite being a much newer artist, he already had 4 Hot 100 #1 singles. 

Yes, Carrie is an iconic country star and I'm sure someday she'll have the status of like Dolly Parton (although not as a writer - she hasn't penned anything like Jolene or I Will Always Love You). However, she doesn't have the type of iconic or extremely popular and well known songs that the predominantly male fans of the NFL who comprise most of the viewers would know.

Archived